Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    He runs around way too much. I donít know know of very many NFL QBs that endured a very long career running around so much.
    Heís already sustained an injury against Denverís D due to that running style, thereíll be more to come if he doesnít put himself in check!
    Honestly his play style may have to change a bit as he gets older and starts to lose a step to survive till he 36. But he has the tools to be very good with out moving around and developing more as a pocket passer. It should happen eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Honestly his play style may have to change a bit as he gets older and starts to lose a step to survive till he 36. But he has the tools to be very good with out moving around and developing more as a pocket passer. It should happen eventually
    Cam Newton looked as if he was on track for a short while and did very well. Mahomes seems much brighter so he could take it well beyond what cam did in transitioning!

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    You never know. He could always hire Alex Guerrero, and play until he's collecting social security.
    TB12 method works, for sure
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

He runs around way too much. I don’t know know of very many NFL QBs that endured a very long career running around so much.
    He’s already sustained an injury against Denver’s D due to that running style, there’ll be more to come if he doesn’t put himself in check!
    to be fair, that's where the NFL is going with QBs. they are all going to be mobile, Wilson runs around a lot too and I remember myself saying he wouldn't last. but yeah, not only is it a bigger risk for getting injured but it also shortens their shelf life in terms of having the skill to run around and make plays.

at some point, if they want to play into their mid 30's, they will have to become primarily a pocket passer.

He runs around way too much. I don’t know know of very many NFL QBs that endured a very long career running around so much.
    He’s already sustained an injury against Denver’s D due to that running style, there’ll be more to come if he doesn’t put himself in check!
    How many games did he miss from that injury against Denver? How did it affect him in future games? It's easy to say not many quarterbacks sustained a long career running around so much, who is your comparable? I'll guess it's Vick who was nowhere near as talented as a passing quarterback and was much more run first than Mahomes.

Also, what is your measure for "running around too much"? Moving around and manipulating the pocket? Some would say that is a positive trait that allows him to keep plays alive and move the ball downfield better than everyone else in the league right now. Or does he hold the ball too long? Because if he runs around "so much", he would be holding the ball longer right ? Well, in 2019 all of the following quarterbacks held the ball longer than Mahomes did:

Kirk Cousins
    Jacoby Brissett
    Sam Darnold
    Lamar Jackson
    Ryan Tannehill
    Aaron Rodgers
    Dak Prescott
    David Blough
    Dwayne Haskins
    Gardner Minshew
    Josh Allen
    Russell Wilson
    Daniel Jones
    Devlin Hodges
    Marcus Mariota
    Drew Lock

Also, in 2018, the following list of quarterbacks held the ball on average longer than Mahomes:

Josh Allen
    Lamar Jackson
    Russell Wilson
    Deshaun Watson
    Aaron Rodgers
    Jared Goff
    Cody Kessler

I would say that Rodgers and Wilson who both are similar style players in terms of moving around, extending plays, running occasionally, have both had pretty long successful careers doing so.

Or are you saying he carries the ball past the line of scrimage too often ? Because those statistics compared to guys like Cutler, Wilson, Rodgers, etc. are pretty on par for a quarterback who can move around, but isn't what you would call a "scrambler" or "run first".

I think what you and others are saying here about Mahomes is just hope from rival fans like when we all said Mahomes would come undone when the pressure was on. I said that, I said he was all hype, but I was wrong and so were we all, because the man is certified, proven hype now.

PS: Injuries happen and could happen just as much to a pocket statue or a guy who moves around. Worrying about that with a guy like Mahomes who doesn't run the ball heaps or doesn't hold the ball for any crazy about of time, is just a jealous attitude to have in my opinion. Mahomes is clearly a pass-first elite thrower of the football, who if he gets injured will be because he plays a physical contact sport, not because he runs around "so much".

Curious if the contract has buyouts or reductions if the cap decreases? Ten years is a long time if the NFL hits some rough times.

Seasons without fans in the stadiums, reduction in popularity, player protests or lawsuits based on CTE or other quality of life altering factors could all contribute to reduced profits over the next 5-10 years.

Would KC still be on the hook if the contract starts taking up a higher and higher percentage of the CBA or profits to unsustainable levels?

I just hope this means no chris Jones in the afc west next year
    Your hopes are dashed.

We have people who know how to manipulate the cap....who are good at math.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Where's Obi whatever his name who said Mahomes could take a home town discount?
    This is actually a very team friendly deal. That is why they were able to sign Chris Jones. The Chiefs and Mahomes know what they are doing.

If Jones ends up away from kc I will be happy
    Need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    His numbers last year were nowhere near his 2018 numbers....25 TDs, 5 INTs and didn't even play well in the Super Bowl. It's a lot. The Chiefs are taking a big gamble that he returns to his 2018 form.
    Obviously his form last year is what they needed. The poor defense is why he needed to be in the form he was in the year before. You don't need to score 50 touchdowns when your defense is doing it's job. The defense will be even better this year or whatever year they get to play.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Mahomes is a next-level talent who has already proven he is the guy. If I am a Kansas City fan I am over the moon we drafted him, over the moon he is around for the long-term, and over the moon that we will compete for a Superbowl every year for the next decade, given Mahomes is healthy. Congratulations Kansas City and Patrick Mahomes, very jealous.
    Very true. We are way way over the moon. The moon is a speck beneath us.

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Oh dont worry, as soon as Mahomeboy sees other QBs making more per year (theres always a bigger fish) hes gonna sqelch.
    They will no doubt redo his contract a few years down the road. It will be fine...Mahomes wants to win and is willing to do what it takes to keep talent around him.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    A huge question though is whether they will compete for a Superbowl every year for the next decade if Mahomes is healthy. Seattle won one and went to two while RW was on his rookie contract, and they have not been back since. All the QBs winning SB in the last decade - except Peyton Manning - have been out of the top 10 in pay scale.

Great for us if paying Mahomes hampers their abilities
    It won't hamper. It really wont. Mahomes is not any of those SB winning QBs from the last decade....he is Mahomes. He is going to keep being Mahomes.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    one hell of a gamble for the chiefs.

if he stays healthy and dominant over the next 12 years then it's a good deal for the chiefs, if not....... well then the rest of us afcw fans will be smiling a lot.
    What a player to gamble on!