Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    My team finally at a place where they can actually achieve a dynasty and what happens? All of pro sports decides to destroy themselves. Yes...that is what they are doing. They made a test run at it a couple of years ago and now they are running head long at self destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    My team finally at a place where they can actually achieve a dynasty and what happens? All of pro sports decides to destroy themselves. Yes...that is what they are doing. They made a test run at it a couple of years ago and now they are running head long at self destruction.
    Forgive me but are the Kansas City Cherry domes the only team to ever win a super bowl and not receive an actual ring?

I know there is a pandemic but what the hell?

All that hard work after 50 years of doldrums and nothing!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 07-25-2020 at 06:22 PM.

Ya it’s smack..

Let’s not let this deteriorate into a troll baiting everyone into talking about patriots/re are 6,00000000000000000 threads gone that way already...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Nothing to write home about. His numbers can be averaged per the 9 games as follows:

3.6 total tackles, 1.2 TFL, .83 sacks, 2.1 QB hits, .111 INT, .22 FF

On a per game average, nothing impressive. Really, the only stat that pops out at me are the total number of tackles and if a LB is doing a lot of tackling it means the defensive front isn't doing its job. He had maybe a handful of games where he was really good against NE but that's about it. He isn't even a top 10 LB anymore.
    According to NFL Players, he's the 5th best LB.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-1/5541085002/

They ranked Mahomes 4th behind Wilson and Lamar Jackson. Hmmm. Maybe players around the league actually put stock into the fact that the Chiefs were a perennial playoff team with Alex Smith, and the Ravens sucked eggs with Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    According to NFL Players, he's the 5th best LB.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-1/5541085002/

The same list that has Mahomes as the 3rd best QB in the league? Sure...

In 2019, Von Miller:

Combined tackles - ranked 220th

Sacks - ranked 32nd

Forced Fumbles - 0

Fumble Recoveries - 0
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 07-31-2020 at 05:38 AM.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

The same list that has Mahomes as the 3rd best QB in the league? Sure...
    Still in the top 5 overall though. I mean, when you're in the top 5 NFL Players, who cares? It's not like they put Tom Brady and Cam Newton ahead of him or anything. Mahomes is clearly among the best quarterbacks in the league, and Von Miller is clearly one of the 10 best linebackers in the league. Accept it or seek therapy.

What I'm really wondering is what Obi thinks about what I said about Alex Smith and Joe Flacco? Lets trace it back farther. Is it conceivable that Patrick Mahomes can be really good, but also that Andy Reid makes quarterbacks look better than they are? Was Michael Vick not an MVP Candidate past his prime, and after missing 2 seasons incarcerated? Was Donovan McNabb not a 6 time pro bowler, who led the Eagles to 5 NFC Championships and a SB? For comparison's sake, take Smith, McNabb, and Vick's careers, and separate the Reid years from everything else. Vick's career completion percentage never topped .564. He goes to Philadelphia, and in his first year as the starter his completion percentage jumps to .626. He posts his highest and lowest touchdown and interception percentages respectively. McNabb goes to Washington, after being a pro bowler the previous year, and, even under the great Mike Shanahan, throws more interceptions than touchdowns. Alex Smith never made a pro bowl in SF. He goes to KC, and makes 3 pro bowls. He statistically does a 180 across the board. Reid was Favre's quarterbacks coach for 1 of his 3 years as an all pro, but he was an offensive assistant during all three. Reid was there for Favre's entire Green Bay career until after '98. Guess what happened to Favre in '99? More interceptions than touchdowns in '99. Career low in completion percentage. You can call all of that coincidence. That's fine. I'm just saying that maybe Patrick Mahomes, as talented or good as he definitely is, might be perceived differently if you dropped him in say, Seattle.

In 2019, Von Miller:

Combined tackles - ranked 220th

Sacks - ranked 32nd

Forced Fumbles - 0

Fumble Recoveries - 0
    Oh, I see what you're doing now. It's ok, man. Win some, lose some. It's not about how many times you get knocked down, it's how many times you get back up.

Still in the top 5 overall though. I mean, when you're in the top 5 NFL Players, who cares? It's not like they put Tom Brady and Cam Newton ahead of him or anything. Mahomes is clearly among the best quarterbacks in the league, and Von Miller is clearly one of the 10 best linebackers in the league. Accept it or seek therapy.

What I'm really wondering is what Obi thinks about what I said about Alex Smith and Joe Flacco? Lets trace it back farther. Is it conceivable that Patrick Mahomes can be really good, but also that Andy Reid makes quarterbacks look better than they are? Was Michael Vick not an MVP Candidate past his prime, and after missing 2 seasons incarcerated? Was Donovan McNabb not a 6 time pro bowler, who led the Eagles to 5 NFC Championships and a SB? For comparison's sake, take Smith, McNabb, and Vick's careers, and separate the Reid years from everything else. Vick's career completion percentage never topped .564. He goes to Philadelphia, and in his first year as the starter his completion percentage jumps to .626. He posts his highest and lowest touchdown and interception percentages respectively. McNabb goes to Washington, after being a pro bowler the previous year, and, even under the great Mike Shanahan, throws more interceptions than touchdowns. Alex Smith never made a pro bowl in SF. He goes to KC, and makes 3 pro bowls. He statistically does a 180 across the board. Reid was Favre's quarterbacks coach for 1 of his 3 years as an all pro, but he was an offensive assistant during all three. Reid was there for Favre's entire Green Bay career until after '98. Guess what happened to Favre in '99? More interceptions than touchdowns in '99. Career low in completion percentage. You can call all of that coincidence. That's fine. I'm just saying that maybe Patrick Mahomes, as talented or good as he definitely is, might be perceived differently if you dropped him in say, Seattle.
    He's a good LB, but some would question whether he's top 10.

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/nfl-linebacker-rankings

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...ge-third-year/
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Athlon Sports separated linebacker from edge rusher, where Miller is in the top 10. That's why Miller isn't even ranked among the 30 linebackers. CBS Sports did the same thing, and actually pointed to that as the reason Von Miller wasn't ranked among their top 10 linebackers at the beginning of the article.

We're on to Patrick Mahomes

Athlon Sports separated linebacker from edge rusher, where Miller is in the top 10. That's why Miller isn't even ranked among the 30 linebackers. CBS Sports did the same thing, and actually pointed to that as the reason Von Miller wasn't ranked among their top 10 linebackers at the beginning of the article.

So you admit Von MIller isn't a top 10 LINEBACKER...thanks.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...-lead-the-way/

So you admit Von MIller isn't a top 10 LINEBACKER...thanks.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...-lead-the-way/
    lol. You want me to put handlebars on that L, so you can hold it better?

lol. You want me to put handlebars on that L, so you can hold it better?

Now you are changing the goal posts. There's a difference between linebacker and edge rusher.

Now you are changing the goal posts. There's a difference between linebacker and edge rusher.
    According to the writers ranking players for Athlon Sports and CBS, there is. Which intrigues me as to why you would provide those examples in the effort to support your argument that Miller is not a top ten LINEBACKER. More intriguing still, is the fact that you accuse me of changing the goal posts, when it was you who introduced the Edge Rusher distinction to the argument. This is before considering whether or not the contrasting opinions of a couple sports writers hold significant weight against those of actual NFL Players.

Im going to take a page from your book and say that 3rd party entities do not matter with their ranking systems.

Von Miller is one of few defenders to win super bowl MVP, and the only defender to win the award In the modern era where offense is so heavily favored by the league, not to mention a somewhat corrupt league that featured Tommy Cheetah whom Miller beat up twice to get there!

Try again or dip out, Buddy Lembeck!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I’m going to take a page from your book and say that 3rd party entities do not matter with their ranking systems.

Von Miller is one of few defenders to win super bowl MVP, and the only defender to win the award In the modern era where offense is so heavily favored by the league, not to mention a somewhat corrupt league that featured Tommy Cheetah whom Miller beat up twice to get there!

Try again or dip out, Buddy Lembeck!
    Um, Von Miller didn't play in the 2013 AFCCG....way to know your own team.

He's not "Von Miller" anymore, buddy, as I showed above with stats....