Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Results 106 to 116 of 116
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,183
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Nothing to write home about. His numbers can be averaged per the 9 games as follows:

    3.6 total tackles, 1.2 TFL, .83 sacks, 2.1 QB hits, .111 INT, .22 FF

    On a per game average, nothing impressive. Really, the only stat that pops out at me are the total number of tackles and if a LB is doing a lot of tackling it means the defensive front isn't doing its job. He had maybe a handful of games where he was really good against NE but that's about it. He isn't even a top 10 LB anymore.
    My original argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    According to the writers ranking players for Athlon Sports and CBS, there is. Which intrigues me as to why you would provide those examples in the effort to support your argument that Miller is not a top ten LINEBACKER. More intriguing still, is the fact that you accuse me of changing the goal posts, when it was you who introduced the Edge Rusher distinction to the argument. This is before considering whether or not the contrasting opinions of a couple sports writers hold significant weight against those of actual NFL Players.
    I never said he wasn't a top 10 edge rusher. You changed the goal posts to say edge rusher.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    8,018
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    My original argument.



    I never said he wasn't a top 10 edge rusher. You changed the goal posts to say edge rusher.
    So you're admitting one of two things. The first, is that you didn't actually read the two articles you posted. The second, is that you do in fact have a significant deficiency in reading comprehension, as I've previously speculated on numerous occasions. It should be a logical presumption that anyone with adequate reading skills, who claims Von Miller is not a top ten linebacker, would not use articles that don't even rank him as a linebacker to support their claims. Unless, of course, they didn't actually read the articles in their entirety.

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bear Valley in The 5280
    Posts
    14,599
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Um, Von Miller didn't play in the 2013 AFCCG....way to know your own team.

    He's not "Von Miller" anymore, buddy, as I showed above with stats....
    OMG! Do you even think before you speak???

    Did the Broncos and VON MILLER not go through the pansies twice in 2015! Once In The regular earning home field advantage and then again beating their asses in the AFC championship game!

    Sometimes when I think youre finally getting your head above water, you say something so stupid and send yourself Catapulting back down to rock bottom.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    OMG! Do you even think before you speak???

    Did the Broncos and VON MILLER not go through the pansies twice in 2015! Once In The regular earning home field advantage and then again beating their asses in the AFC championship game!

    Sometimes when I think you’re finally getting your head above water, you say something so stupid and send yourself Catapulting back down to rock bottom.
    So you admit that Miller didn't "beat up" Brady twice to GET to the Super Bowl?
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 08-03-2020 at 05:38 AM.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I think you quoted the wrong person. Why would you say Von Miller isn't a top 10 LB, when you're talking about off the ball linebackers? What the hell is that even supposed to mean? If you don't consider him a linebacker in the first place, why are you ranking him as a linebacker?

    "Oh, Keenan Allen isn't a top 15 receiver"
    "Well, according to NFL players, he is..."
    "Well, ya know, I was talking about predominantly outside receivers"
    "Ok.... Yeah, he's probably not in the top 100 then, is he?"
    He's not a complete LBer anymore, at least from what I saw last year. He was what, 230th in combined tackles? Maybe he'll have a bounce back season.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    8,018
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    He's not a complete LBer anymore, at least from what I saw last year. He was what, 230th in combined tackles? Maybe he'll have a bounce back season.
    He was in a new system, man. Don't get caught up in the stats.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    939
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    The same list that has Mahomes as the 3rd best QB in the league? Sure...

    In 2019, Von Miller:

    Combined tackles - ranked 220th

    Sacks - ranked 32nd

    Forced Fumbles - 0

    Fumble Recoveries - 0
    Stats are not the only measure. It's his presence on the field that also matters.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,796
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Um, Von Miller didn't play in the 2013 AFCCG....way to know your own team.

    He's not "Von Miller" anymore, buddy, as I showed above with stats....
    If you truly believe this, then you truly do not know anything about football. There are so many contributing factors to last seasons play, (which I guess you only apply stat lines into a players skill set)........ You apparently didn't watch much if this is your true assessment.....

  9. #114
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,617
    He was also 7th in qb pressure

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,919
    Somehow this became a Von Miller thread?

    Closed

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    19,374
    At least it wasn’t another Brady thread
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •