Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Dak is going to make Lock very expensive.

The way things are going it looks like Dak will get somewhere in the neighborhood of 38 million/year, around 110 million guaranteed. The Cowboys will go 8-8, 9-7 again, meanwhile, Lock will have a great year, winning between 10 and 12 games, and follow that up with even more in year 3. That boy is going to be very expensive.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

That depends on Lock and his performance and his willingness to help the team. I don't think Lock will ever be the highest paid QB. I could be wrong but I feel like he'll be a good QB that will be compensated accordingly. Denver may give him a more than fair deal when that time comes since they've been looking for that long term answer too??? Let's just hope that he does well enough to deserve that deal!!

I like Lock a lot. But he still has a ways to go. He has to prove himself for a couple years, win a playoff game, etc. As for paying these quarterbacks big bucks? I think you have to win the Superbowl before breaking the bank.
    (JMO)

Lets put it this way, if Lock deserves the money, that means he is the QB we were hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Lets put it this way, if Lock deserves the money, that means he is the QB we were hoping for.
    Well said. I don't see it being a problem if Lock ends up being so good in the very near future that Bronco management has to pay him big time $$$. In fact, isn't that what we fans are hoping will happen? I am!
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    Well said. I don't see it being a problem if Lock ends up being so good in the very near future that Bronco management has to pay him big time $$$. In fact, isn't that what we fans are hoping will happen? I am!
    Absolutely. But it's a silly notion that QBs are paid based on what they deserve. Dak doesn't deserve the money he is going to get. Lock is going to play much better, and instead of being able to pay him the kind of money Dak is going to get (which is likely where his production would put him, logically) we'll have to pay him A LOT more. Gonna make it hard to keep Chubb, Sutton, Jeudy, Fant, Lindsay, Risner, Cush, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Agreed 100%

I hope we are in the position where Lock is so amazing we talking about giving him a great deal

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    Absolutely. But it's a silly notion that QBs are paid based on what they deserve. Dak doesn't deserve the money he is going to get. Lock is going to play much better, and instead of being able to pay him the kind of money Dak is going to get (which is likely where his production would put him, logically) we'll have to pay him A LOT more. Gonna make it hard to keep Chubb, Sutton, Jeudy, Fant, Lindsay, Risner, Cush, etc.
    Well since all Qbs getting paid one could argue the people writing the checks say they do deserve it

When a QB goes from 3-5 mil a year to 25-30 mil a year (or more now) that is essentially taking away 3-4+ good starters from the team. Now that the Qb number is 40-50 mil...and a chance the cap may go down since no fans will be in stadiums...it just gets worse for teams that have to pay their qb.

Lots of Qbs have gotten paid and never won the SB again....Brees, Rodgers, Flacco, Big Ben,

All starting quarterbacks and perhaps starting star players in general get more than what they are worth.

The owners have allowed the agents to rig the pay scheme in their favor and therefore in favor of the players.

Thatís fine, to an extent, but at some point it may become unfeasible, especially if they insist on keeping the salary cap.

We still have to wait and see if Lock becomes the guy that we think he will become.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    All starting quarterbacks and perhaps starting star players in general get more than what they are worth.

The owners have allowed the agents to rig the pay scheme in their favor and therefore in favor of the players.

Thatís fine, to an extent, but at some point it may become unfeasible, especially if they insist on keeping the salary cap.

We still have to wait and see if Lock becomes the guy that we think he will become.
    Owners are still making alot more money last time I heard it was like 50 50 split between the owners and the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Well since all Qbs getting paid one could argue the people writing the checks say they do deserve it

When a QB goes from 3-5 mil a year to 25-30 mil a year (or more now) that is essentially taking away 3-4+ good starters from the team. Now that the Qb number is 40-50 mil...and a chance the cap may go down since no fans will be in stadiums...it just gets worse for teams that have to pay their qb.

Lots of Qbs have gotten paid and never won the SB again....Brees, Rodgers, Flacco, Big Ben,
    It's curious how owners are so desperate to keep above average QBs like Dak or Cousins that they are prepared to effectively prejudice their team's chances of winning a SB in the process.

Big Ben was in the first year of a huge contract when he won the SB in 2008. Brees as well in 2009, I believe. But maybe I'm wrong.

Edit: Big Ben was on a new, level setting contract when he won his second super bowl. Brees was not. He was in the middle of a decent paycheck.
    Last edited by Letswinplz77; 07-09-2020 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GMTD View Post
    It's curious how owners are so desperate to keep above average QBs like Dak or Cousins that they are prepared to effectively prejudice their team's chances of winning a SB in the process.
    I think it is because no team wants to be the 2016-2018 Broncos in terms of QB

Flacco was lucky to be in a contract year when he won the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    Agreed 100%

I hope we are in the position where Lock is so amazing we talking about giving him a great deal
    Yes yes.....it's kind of a fruitless conversation to say you want a franchise QB, but you don't want to pay the going rate for a franchise QB. I can think of worse things, as in, drafting duds year after year, and wasting a ton of draft capital while underperforming as a team in the process.