Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

early 2021 draft Start

i love Micah Parsons from Penn state. dude is a beat he is 6'3 245 but he moves like a 230 lb. he can run he can cover he can be elite in run support. i think this guy is the next big ILB in this league. he has the size the speed and the skills. i think he may be the missing part on our D.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Parsons is terrific. I hope we do well enough this year to where we donít have to pick early, but I also hope Parsons will slide to our pick. If Elwayís attempted trade up for Patrick Queen tells us anything, heís not afraid to make moves for the guy he wants (IIRC, he tried to trade up for Reuben Foster after taking Bolles).

Iím pretty high on Alexander Johnson, less so on Todd Davis (I think heís serviceable). I think Justin Strnad is a sleeper and could be a poor manís Fred Warner for us. This season will be very telling as to whether MLB will be a need for us or not next year.

I think the two positions to keep an eye on are LT and CB.

Garett Bolles is a FA after this year and this is truly his last chance to prove himself. JaíWuan James is also on the hot seat to prove his durability, otherwise heís solid at RT. With that being said, next yearís OT class isnít looking too bad.

At CB, we have AJ Bouye who is a very good CB2 but struggled as a CB1 after Jalen Ramsey departed from JAX. He will be asked to be the CB1 in Denver, but he is supposedly a better scheme fit with Fangio so it may just work out (also worth mentioning that he will be 29 at season start and is making ~$13M/year) . We will have to wait and see. Rookie 3rd rounder Michael Ojemudia could be the leading contender for the other starting CB2 spot, but he faces fierce completion from DeíVante Bausby, Isaac Yiadom, and Davontae Harris. Bryce Callahan is apparently healthy and good to go for training camp, and he will be our starting nickel corner. But just like James, his durability is the number one question. When itís all said and done, CB might just become a position that we need to invest in early next yearó if this unproven group doesnít pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i love Micah Parsons from Penn state. dude is a beat he is 6'3 245 but he moves like a 230 lb. he can run he can cover he can be elite in run support. i think this guy is the next big ILB in this league. he has the size the speed and the skills. i think he may be the missing part on our D.
    Not having a dig in any way, I'm just interested to understand, but is there really a significant difference in speed between 245lb and 230lb when talking linebackers? It's just 6 or 7 % difference. I guess a lot would depend on height also? 6'3 245lb is probably a perfect combo for ILB.

Parsons is incredible, in fact PSU is set up for a really nice season. They have a real shot to have the Mackey (Freiermuth) and Butkus (Parsons) award winners this year.

Parsons has been such a great leader and I can't wait to see what he does this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
    Not having a dig in any way, I'm just interested to understand, but is there really a significant difference in speed between 245lb and 230lb when talking linebackers? It's just 6 or 7 % difference. I guess a lot would depend on height also? 6'3 245lb is probably a perfect combo for ILB.
    normally from what i see smaller Lbers are faster and more atheletic normally done the coverage while teh bigger backers are normally more physical he brings both

oakland raders gm

Call me crazy, but this is WAY too early to discuss 2121's draft class
    I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
    I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
    I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
    "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
    God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
    Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmlb View Post
    Call me crazy, but this is WAY too early to discuss 2121's draft class
    maybe, i like to know who are consider the high picks coming into the season and who to watch. plus alot of the kids who are considered high already have some college tape. i watched a bit of penn state cause i loved watching Hamler in college he was so explosive and fun to watch. so i was Parsons, what i didn't relize how big he was. either way i like to know alot of about the class coming in so i have an idea of suprises or current highly rated prospects or anything. right now i can already tell you the top of my wish list(who all hopefully be gone by the time we pick cause i think they will go top 5-10. in Penei Sewell,, Micah PArsons and Shaun Wade. Alex LEatherwood would be a great pick also.

i can tell you also there looks to be at least 3 top 5 QBs this draft in Trey Lance Justin Fields and Trevor Lawrence. so that could be good if we go kinda high taking i am still sold on Lock, and i think we should give him multiple years as the starter unless he looks horrible

oakland raders gm

maybe, i like to know who are consider the high picks coming into the season and who to watch. plus alot of the kids who are considered high already have some college tape. i watched a bit of penn state cause i loved watching Hamler in college he was so explosive and fun to watch. so i was Parsons, what i didn't relize how big he was. either way i like to know alot of about the class coming in so i have an idea of suprises or current highly rated prospects or anything. right now i can already tell you the top of my wish list(who all hopefully be gone by the time we pick cause i think they will go top 5-10. in Penei Sewell,, Micah PArsons and Shaun Wade. Alex LEatherwood would be a great pick also.

i can tell you also there looks to be at least 3 top 5 QBs this draft in Trey Lance Justin Fields and Trevor Lawrence. so that could be good if we go kinda high taking i am still sold on Lock, and i think we should give him multiple years as the starter unless he looks horrible
    Just making a joke with your year date: 2121
    I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
    I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
    I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
    "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
    God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
    Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Pretty sure every person on this message board will be 6 ft under by the time we get to 2121 LOL

can people stop saying useless things and pretend i didn't put a type in the title your comments are not really adding anything, and sadily i can't change the name of thread

oakland raders gm

Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
    6-7% can mean a lot on outside stretch runs and when trying to cover TEs/LBs. Seems about right though.

Something went horribly wrong if who goes in the top 5 matters. Jobs would be lost, and at that point Drew Lockís starting job might be one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    Something went horribly wrong if who goes in the top 5 matters. Jobs would be lost, and at that point Drew Lockís starting job might be one of them.
    I think they may keep him around the team is pretty young and people could not be 100% developed enough to be a decent start. And I am still very worried about our oline not enough was done to improve that unit in my opinion. Plus giving up on a qb year one is bad practice. He is not like lynch and actually has a work ethic.

Penn State ILB Micah Parsons would be ideal,
    but I doubt Denver selects in the top-10.

6'7 Virginia LB Charles Snowden in R3 would be my selection.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Penn State ILB Micah Parsons would be ideal,
    but I doubt Denver selects in the top-10.

6'7 Virginia LB Charles Snowden in R3 would be my selection.
    ya at this point who really knows. either way i just think he is the ideal NFL lber in todays league

oakland raders gm