Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Never really understand this board's obsession with ILB.

I'd way rather have a shut down corner, amazing tackle, or an edge rusher to succeed Von.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post

I'd way rather have a shut down corner, amazing tackle, or an edge rusher to succeed Von.
    The easiest way to sum it up would probably be, if you have a great ILB your other defenders can make mistakes and try to force things and that ILB will cover up those flaws. But if you donít, the rest of the defense kind of has to try to stay within their own little box.

But it isnít easy to find a 240 lb guy that can backpedal and flip his hips just as well as he can stack and shed/read and diagnose. The need for ILBs isnít declining, the skill set is just lagging behind the evolution of the game. I think theyíre just now finally starting to catch back up.

its more the player then the position. i think Parson is gonna be a top LB in this league from day 1. is super special.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

The major issue we've had since 2015 was the inability to cover RBs and TEs once they get behind the line. We've been taken out of games in years past because of it.

Fangio seems to be great at plugging CBs in and having them work. Right now we need that other ILB to pair with Johnson.

As others have said a rocking ILB duo can mask the bad and expand ALOT in the defensive playbook.
    Last edited by Rich_C; 07-20-2020 at 05:57 PM.

Hey I'm all for a dominate ILB. I get tired of TEs killing us in the middle and our lb core getting pushed back allowing huge gains in the run game. Johnson came along and really changed things so imagine a great LB next to him? We would easily go from liability to a dominate lb core. Believe it or not the raiders chiefs and Chargers can run the ball pretty well so I'm all for a top LB prospect to come in and affect those things.

Why not add a stout cover/run ILB to the mix?

After all, the Broncos field two ILBs. 🤷

If lock pans out, multiple 1sts to go get Penei Sewell

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmlb View Post
    Call me crazy, but this is WAY too early to discuss 2121's draft class
    I'm not so sure about that. There may not even be a college season to speak of and in that case there won't be a lot more info about players other than the Combine and Pro days. NFL scouts will have their work cut out for them this year.

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. There may not even be a college season to speak of and in that case there won't be a lot more info about players other than the Combine and Pro days. NFL scouts will have their work cut out for them this year.
    Or they will have this weird hybrid...some will play and others won't....

Well think about what we might lose after this year.

OT- gonna need one regardless, Bolles is good as gone after season.

DL- Can never have too many

OLB- Miller is probably done as a Bronco, we need a young replacement. Man I wish we would have traded Von last year and signed Barrett.

S- if we lose Simmons we will desperately need a safety, especially with Jackson pushing 33-34 years old.

Best value at one of those positions. But I also would LOVE a guy like Parsons!