Derrick Henry And Titans Reach 4 Year Deal Worth $50M

https://www.nfl.com/news/derrick-hen...-franchise-tag

It will be interesting to see if Henry can carry the load again for The Titans. He was amazing last year, and it reminded me a bit of the great Jim Brown's days when everyone knew he was getting the ball, and he still was so hard to stop. OK, not quite the same level of player, given Brown is one of the best in history, but Henry is one of the best backs in the league, and if Tennessee can get some pass game going, they will be a handful!

i feel like this is low for henry. makes it look like we over paid gordon a bit. who knows. i was expecting him to be more like Zeke or Mccaffrey contact in 15 a year not 12.5.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I think Henry just got massively overpaid for his skillset.

I donít recall him being a threat in the passing game.

I guess the Titans donít think they can find a cheaper replacement with the same skills and believe Henry is that important to their success.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    I think Henry just got massively overpaid for his skillset.

I don’t recall him being a threat in the passing game.

I guess the Titans don’t think they can find a cheaper replacement with the same skills and believe Henry is that important to their success.
    I would comment that Henry was a critical component (along with their D) in The Titans' drive, beating The Pats and The Ravens on the road. Check the numbers, but there was little pass game in those wins. 71 and 83 yards in two playoff victories over 2 teams with credentials. Anyone in the stands could figure out the Titans' O strategy, and it still worked.

As for Henry, I am not sure he will earn his final year or even two, but this team has playoff capability again this year, and he's the horse I want to attach the heavy load to. And I am quite sure, barring injury, he will still be very relevant next year as well.

Good deal for both sides. Henry is a RB you want to have as he gets stronger later in games, but more importantly late in the season. Seems like every year he stumbles out the gate and becomes a monster around week 10 or so.

I wonder how long Tannehill will last. They probably wonít be in position to get a top QB for awhile and while his mobility is very solid, a more dynamic running QB could create real problems for defenses when paired with Henry.

Henry is a stud and fun to watch. Good for him!

After Leonard Fournette rushed for 225 yards in week 4 last year, I was bracing myself for Derrick Henry in week 6.

I guess Fangio was bracing himself, too, because he switched up the front seven a good bit by Tennessee.

Holding Henry to 28 yards was one of the more remarkable performances of 2019. The Broncos shut out the Titans and helped Flacco get one of his two wins last year, and may have facilitated the departure of Marcus Mariota from Tennessee as that was his last game for them.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    After Leonard Fournette rushed for 225 yards in week 4 last year, I was bracing myself for Derrick Henry in week 6.

I guess Fangio was bracing himself, too, because he switched up the front seven a good bit by Tennessee.

Holding Henry to 28 yards was one of the more remarkable performances of 2019. The Broncos shut out the Titans and helped Flacco get one of his two wins last year, and may have facilitated the departure of Marcus Mariota from Tennessee as that was his last game for them.
    I don't know what exactly Fangio did differently against them, but I do remember Mike Purcell wrecking those guys inside. Makes me wonder too, if defenses had a total lack of respect for Mariota.

I almost forgot, but in that 3 straight game drive against The Texans, Pats and Ravens, Henry rushed for 588 yards on 96 carries for an avg. of 6.13 yards, and 4 TDs!! All games were on the road.

His average yards per game.....196!!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I almost forgot, but in that 3 straight game drive against The Texans, Pats and Ravens, Henry rushed for 588 yards on 96 carries for an avg. of 6.13 yards, and 4 TDs!! All games were on the road.

His average yards per game.....196!!
    How much of that was against the Pats?

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    How much of that was against the Pats?

211 vs The Texans and 195 vs The Ravens.