Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Since Von has gradually gotten bigger he has become less effective as a pass rusher. Over the last couple of years, he has seen the least attention in his career, and been much less effective. People have excused this as him being overwhelmingly double and triple-teamed, false, or being held consistently, excuse. I was hoping Von would go the other way and try to trim down a little to gain some of his quickness back, but he has gone the other way. Hoping for more consistent wins as he is seeing more one on one matchups, and expecting him to still be an extremely underrated run defender, something he is great at.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Since Von has gradually gotten bigger he has become less effective as a pass rusher. Over the last couple of years, he has seen the least attention in his career, and been much less effective. People have excused this as him being overwhelmingly double and triple-teamed, false, or being held consistently, excuse. I was hoping Von would go the other way and try to trim down a little to gain some of his quickness back, but he has gone the other way. Hoping for more consistent wins as he is seeing more one on one matchups, and expecting him to still be an extremely underrated run defender, something he is great at.
    What are you predicting for Von this season?

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    What are you predicting for Von this season?
    Great run defender, 8-14 sacks, same impact as we have gotten from him for the last couple of years. I am hoping for more of a consistent impact as a pass rusher where he dominates the one on one matchups like he once did, but his quickness just isn't there anymore so I am not expecting the take over of games we once saw.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    D.Ware did something similar to this. He wanted to ensure that he could be as versatile as possible while still being able to rush the passer. A 20 something will nearly always be faster than a 30 something. So unless you're willing to look inward and expand your tools in the tool belt you will be left behind

Cause when you hear that woof woof start running cause when you hear that woof woof I'm coming. (Dmx stop being greedy song.)

Fits Von Miller and that relentless pass rush he got. If i could edit vids and stuff I would so use a compilation sack vid of him with that song lol.

On to the topic though, I'm glad he seems rejuvenated, he's been through it this off-season and we need von to be hungry, not saying he hasn't been but we are going through a real live culture change in Denver and that motivates all players.

We have the leader ready to lead and the optimism is the highest its been in a while in Denver. I'm beyond ready, Miller Chubb Johnson Shelby Harris Casey Simmons Jackson AJ man I think the D will make some noise this year I can't wait.