Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Jerry Jeudy signs contract

https://www.nfl.com/news/broncos-rec...to-rookie-deal

He was at the team facility to sign his contract and get tested.

Denver Broncos receiver Jerry Jeudy is the latest to agree to his deal Thursday.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports the four-year, fully guaranteed contract is worth $15.192 million with an $8.61 million signing bonus, per a sources informed of the pact. Jeudy receives 71 percent of his signing bonus up front. As with all first-round picks, the contract includes a fifth-year team option.

Jeudy is at the team facility to ink his contract and begin the COVID-19 testing process.

Yes, actual football news!

Good deal,
    I hope he becomes a superstar!!!!!

Man, i hope this kid is as good as everyone thinks he is. ><

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    Man, i hope this kid is as good as everyone thinks he is. ><
    Me too... (not the hashtag version)

It seems WR's can miss as a high draft pick far more than they hit.

There have been 77 wide receivers taken in the first round of the draft this century. The most taken in any year was seven in 2004. Six times there have been six or more wide receivers taken in the first round, but over the past decade, the number of first-round wideouts has been consistently lower than six. (pre 2020 draft)

If you use first-team All Pro selections, then only nine of the 77 first-round picks have qualified and only eight of those were as wide receivers (Corderelle Patterson made first team All Pro as a punt/kickoff returner). If you use first team Pro Bowl selections, then 21 of these first-round wide receivers have done that.

19 of the 77 wide receivers taken in the first round this century have or had fewer than 100 career receptions in the NFL.

No receiver taken in the first round since Amari Cooper in 2015 has made the Pro Bowl.

OK done being pessimistic... but those numbers don't bode well.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post

There have been 77 wide receivers taken in the first round of the draft this century. The most taken in any year was seven in 2004. Six times there have been six or more wide receivers taken in the first round, but over the past decade, the number of first-round wideouts has been consistently lower than six. (pre 2020 draft)

If you use first-team All Pro selections, then only nine of the 77 first-round picks have qualified and only eight of those were as wide receivers (Corderelle Patterson made first team All Pro as a punt/kickoff returner). If you use first team Pro Bowl selections, then 21 of these first-round wide receivers have done that.

19 of the 77 wide receivers taken in the first round this century have or had fewer than 100 career receptions in the NFL.

No receiver taken in the first round since Amari Cooper in 2015 has made the Pro Bowl.

OUCH !!!............maybe one of our undrafted rookie WR's will make the pro bowl this year :-)

ps Amari Cooper was one of Jerry's favorite WR's..... ?

So he has a better chance of eventually becoming a first-team Pro Bowl selection than a less than or equal to a 100 career reception player (27% vs. 22%) vs some kind of contributing player in between (49%). A 1-in-5 chance of a flop, to 1-in-4 chance of a Pro Bowler, to a 1-in-2 chance of somewhere in the middle.

Ok, party-pooper

This type of news is well received. Time to re-continue talkin up the potential O surge this coming year. So much talent!! For me it comes down to the fact that we have real skill on this O, and it will thrive if we can execute accordingly. I am confident about the latter.

his route running and work ethic should help him be special and i feel for several years theres been a bunch of weak WR classes.

also i feel DJ moore should make a Pro-bowl sooner then later he was really good with iffy QB play this year.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

except juedy is the most polished route runner to come out in years, the dude is gonna make CHJ throw his hands up many times
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    except juedy is the most polished route runner to come out in years, the dude is gonna make CHJ throw his hands up many times

I cannot wait for this to Happen LOL Because No Doubt About It Jerry Jeudy will no doubt be a Super Star In The NFL and with the Denver Broncos. I Cannot Wait To See !! That Hype Video he did was EPIC. Jerry Jeudy will be a Great 1 Maybe Even A Jerry Rice 2.0 !! However I do not like doing comparisons as I know that J.J. will be ONE OF THE BEST !!

I think Jeudy's ability to mentally apply his route running and manipulate defenders sets him apart of other players who come into the NFL.

He was awarded the Fred Biletnikoff Award as the nation's best wide receiver as a sophomore in 2018.

Does anyone know the history of how well the careers played out for current or past wide receivers who have won this award?
    Utah Bronco Freak

Those numbers, ultimately, are meaningless.

Jeudy is a special talent. I can see him being the rare rookie all-pro.