Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 51
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,670
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    He was awarded the Fred Biletnikoff Award as the nation's best wide receiver as a sophomore in 2018.

    Does anyone know the history of how well the careers played out for current or past wide receivers who have won this award?
    It's pretty hit or miss:

    1994 Bobby Engram Penn State
    1995 Terry Glenn Ohio State
    1996 Marcus Harris Wyoming
    1997 Randy Moss Marshall
    1998 Troy Edwards Louisiana Tech
    1999 Troy Walters Stanford
    2000 Antonio Bryant Pittsburgh
    2001 Josh Reed LSU
    2002 Charles Rogers Michigan State
    2003 Larry Fitzgerald Pittsburgh
    2004 Braylon Edwards Michigan
    2005 Mike Hass Oregon State
    2006 Calvin Johnson Georgia Tech
    2007 Michael Crabtree Texas Tech
    2008 Michael Crabtree Texas Tech
    2009 Golden Tate Notre Dame
    2010 Justin Blackmon Oklahoma State
    2011 Justin Blackmon Oklahoma State
    2012 Marqise Lee USC
    2013 Brandin Cooks Oregon State
    2014 Amari Cooper Alabama
    2015 Corey Coleman Baylor
    2016 Dede Westbrook Oklahoma
    2017 James Washington
    2018 Jerry Jeudy

    Jeudy will likely be one of the most successful bletkinoff winners, post-college.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,628
    remember when Marquise Lee was the next coming of Randy Moss.........yea.....things dont always work out

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,408
    Also have to consider the QBs and offenses those WRs were dealing with once they were drafted.

    In Lee’s case it was JAX and Bortles. That could ruin anyone’s career.

    As much as I think Jeudy has the skillset to excel it will ultimately depend on Shurmur’s system and Lock’s ability to get him the ball. I may be confident in both but it still has to be proven in games.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    3,102
    Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    remember when Marquise Lee was the next coming of Randy Moss.........yea.....things dont always work out
    Marqise Lee was never compared to Randy Moss, I don't think any prospect has been compared to Moss in scouting circles-- ever.

    Either way, Lee wasn't as polished as a prospect compared to Jeudy. The hype is real for a reason. Jeudy's route running talents and uncanny ability to create separation makes him one of the best wide receiver prospects to come out of college since Amari Cooper. I will gladly eat my words if I'm wrong and I have no doubt he may initially struggle translating to the pros with this COVID-19 abbreviated offseason, but the natural talent is there.
    2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
    Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,102
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Also have to consider the QBs and offenses those WRs were dealing with once they were drafted.

    In Lee’s case it was JAX and Bortles. That could ruin anyone’s career.

    As much as I think Jeudy has the skillset to excel it will ultimately depend on Shurmur’s system and Lock’s ability to get him the ball. I may be confident in both but it still has to be proven in games.
    100% agreed

    It will also depend on the WR coach. I think from what I have seen of Jeudy he is a guy ready to be taught the details of playing WR. Do we have the right guy to fill Jeudy's head with the details to excel?

    I think PM was really good for DTs career not just in his play as QB but his ability to translate the game of football to the WR.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Left of Colorado
    Posts
    1,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    It's pretty hit or miss:

    1994 Bobby Engram Penn State
    1995 Terry Glenn Ohio State
    1996 Marcus Harris Wyoming
    1997 Randy Moss Marshall
    1998 Troy Edwards Louisiana Tech
    1999 Troy Walters Stanford
    2000 Antonio Bryant Pittsburgh
    2001 Josh Reed LSU
    2002 Charles Rogers Michigan State
    2003 Larry Fitzgerald Pittsburgh
    2004 Braylon Edwards Michigan
    2005 Mike Hass Oregon State
    2006 Calvin Johnson Georgia Tech
    2007 Michael Crabtree Texas Tech
    2008 Michael Crabtree Texas Tech
    2009 Golden Tate Notre Dame
    2010 Justin Blackmon Oklahoma State
    2011 Justin Blackmon Oklahoma State
    2012 Marqise Lee USC
    2013 Brandin Cooks Oregon State
    2014 Amari Cooper Alabama
    2015 Corey Coleman Baylor
    2016 Dede Westbrook Oklahoma
    2017 James Washington
    2018 Jerry Jeudy

    Jeudy will likely be one of the most successful bletkinoff winners, post-college.
    WOW! Very interesting. Looks more to be miss than hit. As always, what greatness in college doesn't always continue into the NFL.

    Thanks Papa-pwn for the info.
    Utah Bronco Freak

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    4,608
    Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Marqise Lee was never compared to Randy Moss, I don't think any prospect has been compared to Moss in scouting circles-- ever.

    Either way, Lee wasn't as polished as a prospect compared to Jeudy. The hype is real for a reason. Jeudy's route running talents and uncanny ability to create separation makes him one of the best wide receiver prospects to come out of college since Amari Cooper. I will gladly eat my words if I'm wrong and I have no doubt he may initially struggle translating to the pros with this COVID-19 abbreviated offseason, but the natural talent is there.

    How about Calvin Johnson?

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    3,102
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    How about Calvin Johnson?
    I completely forgot about Calvin Johnson, but he was definitely as elite of a prospect as they come. I suppose I was thinking more towards this recent decade, and perhaps Julio Jones comes close in terms of being athletically-gifted. Sammy Watkins and Amari Cooper are ones that come to my mind as far-and-away consensus, highly-regarded wide receivers in their respective draft classes— and even they don’t compare anywhere near Randy Moss.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,102
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    How about Calvin Johnson?
    I think Megatron was viewed differently because of his size. Megatron weighed 23% more lbs
    and slightly taller according to the combine results it seems they have similar speeds. In fact the 40 were identical.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    16,853
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Also have to consider the QBs and offenses those WRs were dealing with once they were drafted.

    In Lee’s case it was JAX and Bortles. That could ruin anyone’s career.

    As much as I think Jeudy has the skillset to excel it will ultimately depend on Shurmur’s system and Lock’s ability to get him the ball. I may be confident in both but it still has to be proven in games.
    Which is why the Amari Cooper and Calvin Ridley comparisons are a solid baseline. The offense opened up a little more with Tua and their bundle of WRs but Jeudy is a better route runner than Ridley was and probably edges out Cooper there as well. The hands need work just like those two but if he fixes that there’s no reason he can’t top what Cooper has been able to do.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    4,608
    Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    I completely forgot about Calvin Johnson, but he was definitely as elite of a prospect as they come. I suppose I was thinking more towards this recent decade, and perhaps Julio Jones comes close in terms of being athletically-gifted. Sammy Watkins and Amari Cooper are ones that come to my mind as far-and-away consensus, highly-regarded wide receivers in their respective draft classes— and even they don’t compare anywhere near Randy Moss.
    I agree...I was just nit picking bringing up Calvin Johnson and your point is still valid...but he was compared to Moss.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    3,102
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    I agree...I was just nit picking bringing up Calvin Johnson and your point is still valid...but he was compared to Moss.
    All good . I have no doubt that he was compared to Moss back then with his amazing combination of size, speed, and natural talent coming out of GT. Honestly, I wasn’t following the draft in 2007 because I was a child so I can only really speak based off of 13-year-old articles and scouting reports I can manage to find on the internet (lol).

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    957
    [QUOTE=arapaho;5892759]except juedy is the most polished route runner to come out in years, the dude is gonna makes CHJ throw his hands up many times[QUOTE]

    😐

    I like jeudy but chill

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,619
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    except juedy is the most polished route runner to come out in years, the dude is gonna make CHJ throw his hands up many times
    This is highly unlikely

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,883
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    This is highly unlikely
    Why not? Harris is 31, Jeudy is 21. Harris clearly is on the final few years of his carrier and Jeudy is full of spunk and determination. Harris has the knowledge but sometimes....most times the God given abilities shine

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •