Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    He was awarded the Fred Biletnikoff Award as the nation's best wide receiver as a sophomore in 2018.

Does anyone know the history of how well the careers played out for current or past wide receivers who have won this award?
    It's pretty hit or miss:

1994 Bobby Engram Penn State
    1995 Terry Glenn Ohio State
    1996 Marcus Harris Wyoming
    1997 Randy Moss Marshall
    1998 Troy Edwards Louisiana Tech
    1999 Troy Walters Stanford
    2000 Antonio Bryant Pittsburgh
    2001 Josh Reed LSU
    2002 Charles Rogers Michigan State
    2003 Larry Fitzgerald Pittsburgh
    2004 Braylon Edwards Michigan
    2005 Mike Hass Oregon State
    2006 Calvin Johnson Georgia Tech
    2007 Michael Crabtree Texas Tech
    2008 Michael Crabtree Texas Tech
    2009 Golden Tate Notre Dame
    2010 Justin Blackmon Oklahoma State
    2011 Justin Blackmon Oklahoma State
    2012 Marqise Lee USC
    2013 Brandin Cooks Oregon State
    2014 Amari Cooper Alabama
    2015 Corey Coleman Baylor
    2016 Dede Westbrook Oklahoma
    2017 James Washington
    2018 Jerry Jeudy

Jeudy will likely be one of the most successful bletkinoff winners, post-college.

remember when Marquise Lee was the next coming of Randy Moss.........yea.....things dont always work out

Also have to consider the QBs and offenses those WRs were dealing with once they were drafted.

In Lee’s case it was JAX and Bortles. That could ruin anyone’s career.

As much as I think Jeudy has the skillset to excel it will ultimately depend on Shurmur’s system and Lock’s ability to get him the ball. I may be confident in both but it still has to be proven in games.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    remember when Marquise Lee was the next coming of Randy Moss.........yea.....things dont always work out
    Marqise Lee was never compared to Randy Moss, I don't think any prospect has been compared to Moss in scouting circles-- ever.

Either way, Lee wasn't as polished as a prospect compared to Jeudy. The hype is real for a reason. Jeudy's route running talents and uncanny ability to create separation makes him one of the best wide receiver prospects to come out of college since Amari Cooper. I will gladly eat my words if I'm wrong and I have no doubt he may initially struggle translating to the pros with this COVID-19 abbreviated offseason, but the natural talent is there.
    2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
    Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Also have to consider the QBs and offenses those WRs were dealing with once they were drafted.

As much as I think Jeudy has the skillset to excel it will ultimately depend on Shurmur’s system and Lock’s ability to get him the ball. I may be confident in both but it still has to be proven in games.
    100% agreed

It will also depend on the WR coach. I think from what I have seen of Jeudy he is a guy ready to be taught the details of playing WR. Do we have the right guy to fill Jeudy's head with the details to excel?

I think PM was really good for DTs career not just in his play as QB but his ability to translate the game of football to the WR.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    It's pretty hit or miss:

1994 Bobby Engram Penn State
    1995 Terry Glenn Ohio State
    1996 Marcus Harris Wyoming
    1997 Randy Moss Marshall
    1998 Troy Edwards Louisiana Tech
    1999 Troy Walters Stanford
    2000 Antonio Bryant Pittsburgh
    2001 Josh Reed LSU
    2002 Charles Rogers Michigan State
    2003 Larry Fitzgerald Pittsburgh
    2004 Braylon Edwards Michigan
    2005 Mike Hass Oregon State
    2006 Calvin Johnson Georgia Tech
    2007 Michael Crabtree Texas Tech
    2008 Michael Crabtree Texas Tech
    2009 Golden Tate Notre Dame
    2010 Justin Blackmon Oklahoma State
    2011 Justin Blackmon Oklahoma State
    2012 Marqise Lee USC
    2013 Brandin Cooks Oregon State
    2014 Amari Cooper Alabama
    2015 Corey Coleman Baylor
    2016 Dede Westbrook Oklahoma
    2017 James Washington
    2018 Jerry Jeudy

Jeudy will likely be one of the most successful bletkinoff winners, post-college.
    WOW! Very interesting. Looks more to be miss than hit. As always, what greatness in college doesn't always continue into the NFL.

Thanks Papa-pwn for the info.
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Marqise Lee was never compared to Randy Moss, I don't think any prospect has been compared to Moss in scouting circles-- ever.

Either way, Lee wasn't as polished as a prospect compared to Jeudy. The hype is real for a reason. Jeudy's route running talents and uncanny ability to create separation makes him one of the best wide receiver prospects to come out of college since Amari Cooper. I will gladly eat my words if I'm wrong and I have no doubt he may initially struggle translating to the pros with this COVID-19 abbreviated offseason, but the natural talent is there.

How about Calvin Johnson?

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    I completely forgot about Calvin Johnson, but he was definitely as elite of a prospect as they come. I suppose I was thinking more towards this recent decade, and perhaps Julio Jones comes close in terms of being athletically-gifted. Sammy Watkins and Amari Cooper are ones that come to my mind as far-and-away consensus, highly-regarded wide receivers in their respective draft classes— and even they don’t compare anywhere near Randy Moss.

I think Megatron was viewed differently because of his size. Megatron weighed 23% more lbs
    and slightly taller according to the combine results it seems they have similar speeds. In fact the 40 were identical.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post

Which is why the Amari Cooper and Calvin Ridley comparisons are a solid baseline. The offense opened up a little more with Tua and their bundle of WRs but Jeudy is a better route runner than Ridley was and probably edges out Cooper there as well. The hands need work just like those two but if he fixes that there’s no reason he can’t top what Cooper has been able to do.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    I completely forgot about Calvin Johnson, but he was definitely as elite of a prospect as they come. I suppose I was thinking more towards this recent decade, and perhaps Julio Jones comes close in terms of being athletically-gifted. Sammy Watkins and Amari Cooper are ones that come to my mind as far-and-away consensus, highly-regarded wide receivers in their respective draft classes— and even they don’t compare anywhere near Randy Moss.
    I agree...I was just nit picking bringing up Calvin Johnson and your point is still valid...but he was compared to Moss.

I agree...I was just nit picking bringing up Calvin Johnson and your point is still valid...but he was compared to Moss.
    All good . I have no doubt that he was compared to Moss back then with his amazing combination of size, speed, and natural talent coming out of GT. Honestly, I wasn’t following the draft in 2007 because I was a child so I can only really speak based off of 13-year-old articles and scouting reports I can manage to find on the internet (lol).

[QUOTE=arapaho;5892759]except juedy is the most polished route runner to come out in years, the dude is gonna makes CHJ throw his hands up many times[QUOTE]

😐

I like jeudy but chill

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    except juedy is the most polished route runner to come out in years, the dude is gonna make CHJ throw his hands up many times
    This is highly unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    This is highly unlikely
    Why not? Harris is 31, Jeudy is 21. Harris clearly is on the final few years of his carrier and Jeudy is full of spunk and determination. Harris has the knowledge but sometimes....most times the God given abilities shine