X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shiz
    All-Pro
    • Feb 2008

Thanks Sophia for managing this! I’m available anytime from 8pm MT on, if you’ve been rolling with 1 point PPR, then I’m fine with that. Thanks!
    sigpic

Comment

• Danzler88
      Playmaker
      • Mar 2004

Is rather draft Wednesday as I have a draft already going on Tuesday. I'd also rather stick with 1 ppr.

Comment

• baphamet
        Family Trust Beer
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
        Draft is tentatively set Tuesday, Sept. 8 at 10PM EDT. I have a request that really prefers 1030PM EDT. I know several have said anytime is good, or have said either option works Tuesday works - just going to PM those who I don't see on the thread much, and will go with whatever the majority response is I receive by Thursday. Have had some requests to post the draft order early, so will do that once we finalize draft date and time.

My thoughts with going later on Tuesday - we are very close to kickoff at that point if there is an issue with draft, it either moves to even later that day usually by an hour or moving to Wednesday, the last day to draft. It's been about 50/50 for how many times draft hasn't worked on NFL site over the last few years. Maybe it will work great this year... just trying to take that into consideration from the past.

Second request is that we change PPR from 1 pt to .5 pt. I prefer 1 pt myself and that is what we currently have . If majority response I get is to lower it to .5 - I'll change, otherwise we will leave as is.
        leave it at 1 ppr IMO

Comment

• CanDB
          Football Immortal
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Danzler88 View Post
          Is rather draft Wednesday as I have a draft already going on Tuesday. I'd also rather stick with 1 ppr.
          As mentioned, I'd prefer another time (for the same reason), and Wednesday would be good.

I asked for 1/2 point PPR because I don't love the fact that players get positive points (in 1 point PPR) for simply catching a ball, even if they lose 9 yards on the play. For me, it is not an indicator of real value. Heck, a back could catch 10 balls in a game, on simple little passes, and lose 100 yards, and break even for the day in fantasy. That's my pitch.

Comment

• Sophia23
            RIP #88
            • Sep 2012

Alright seeing some like Wednesday better - getting feedback as well that Tuesday is pretty late for those who wake up early like me, but are on the east coast....

So If Wednesday the 9th works better for people, please let me know the timeframe including your time zone that we are looking to get within. Maybe instead we could do 8 or 8 30 PM Wednesday?
            sigpic
            Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
            Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
            Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
            Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

• CanDB
              Football Immortal
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
              Alright seeing some like Wednesday better - getting feedback as well that Tuesday is pretty late for those who wake up early like me, but are on the east coast....

So If Wednesday the 9th works better for people, please let me know the timeframe including your time zone that we are looking to get within. Maybe instead we could do 8 or 8 30 PM Wednesday?
              Wednesday is great! 8 or 8:30, or any time that day!!!:thumb:

Thx J!

Comment

• Shiz
                All-Pro
                • Feb 2008

Wednesday is good for me!
                sigpic

Comment

• CanDB
                  Football Immortal
                  • Mar 2008

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  As mentioned, I'd prefer another time (for the same reason), and Wednesday would be good.

I asked for 1/2 point PPR because I don't love the fact that players get positive points (in 1 point PPR) for simply catching a ball, even if they lose 9 yards on the play. For me, it is not an indicator of real value. Heck, a back could catch 10 balls in a game, on simple little passes, and lose 100 yards, and break even for the day in fantasy. That's my pitch.
                  However....if we stay 1 point PPR, it's up to us to select the right type of players. It's all good.

Comment

• Danzler88
                    Playmaker
                    • Mar 2004

Anytime Wednesday night works for me.

Comment

• baphamet
                      Family Trust Beer
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

makes sense man. my view is, if you're going to be a ppr league then be 1 ppr league. otherwise just be non ppr, not a fan of the half point personally.

Comment

• Sophia23
                        RIP #88
                        • Sep 2012

Thanks guys for the responses here - think we'll try to move to Wednesday if that ends up working better for all!
                        sigpic

Comment

• BroncosFanInPA
                          Football Immortal
                          • Oct 2003

any day is fine with me, just not as late as 10 pm eastern time...i'm in the eastern time zone so that is a bit too late
                          sigpic

Comment

• Danzler88
                            Playmaker
                            • Mar 2004

Love the new draft time. I'll be there. Any way we could get a draft order sooner so we could practice from our spot before the real thing?

Comment

• CanDB
                              Football Immortal
                              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                              makes sense man. my view is, if you're going to be a ppr league then be 1 ppr league. otherwise just be non ppr, not a fan of the half point personally.
                              I get ya. All or nothing. So yeah, PPR leagues are thriving, but I am just not a big fan of the reward per catch. BUT as mentioned, you play in a PPR league, you draft like you're in a PPR league!:thumb:

Comment

• Sophia23
                                RIP #88
                                • Sep 2012

Looks like we are going with Wednesday at 830PM EDT, since I've heard back from the majority already. We are staying with 1 pt PPR.

Sure thing, Danzler88!

Pick 1 Lightning Bolt Brigade
                                Pick 2 The Dude's Hammer
                                Pick 3 Bodega Belichick
                                Pick 4 DOMAN8R
                                Pick 5 sacks in the city
                                Pick 6 The Mighty Rockies
                                Pick 7 Mile High Salute
                                Pick 8 Shutdown Corner
                                Pick 9 True North
                                Pick 10 Iceman
                                Pick 11 Check back next week
                                Pick 12 58ItsMillerTime
                                Last edited by Sophia23; 09-03-2020, 04:02 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X