Denver Makes Roster Moves

So this to me is the real downside to this COVID-plagued season. We as a collective football team have found some really good (some great) players from the UDFA and off-season signings. Today we saw the team cut down to the league required roster size. This is the real casualty of the AAF and other leagues no longer being around and the NFL not having a real feeder league. Some of these guys if they played could well have played themselves onto a PS or at least get on teams radars for next season. Oh yea....and the no pre-season thing I cannot imagine is going to help the quality of the product on the field.

SO my surprises of the cuts are:

1. RB K.Muhammed
    - I really liked what I saw of him last PS
    - I was looking forward to seeing his growth this season
    - If we do not get P.Lindsay a deal this off-season this could be a solid backup plan

2. DE J.Heath
    - again I remember some production from him last PS or the PS before ( I believe it was him)
    - With Gotsis gone as well as a few other backup guys gone we need depth.

Others we let go were:

- DB Kahani Smith
    - QB Riley Neal
    - LB Tre' Crawford
    - WR Kelvin McKnight
    - DB Shakial Taylor
    - OC Nico Falah

Link to the article here: https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/b...-moves-tc-2020

Thoughts?.

Denver also released defensive end Joel Heath.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    So this to me is the real downside to this COVID-plagued season. We as a collective football team have found some really good (some great) players from the UDFA and off-season signings. Today we saw the team cut down to the league required roster size. This is the real casualty of the AAF and other leagues no longer being around and the NFL not having a real feeder league. Some of these guys if they played could well have played themselves onto a PS or at least get on teams radars for next season. Oh yea....and the no pre-season thing I cannot imagine is going to help the quality of the product on the field.

SO my surprises of the cuts are:

1. RB K.Muhammed
    - I really liked what I saw of him last PS
    - I was looking forward to seeing his growth this season
    - If we do not get P.Lindsay a deal this off-season this could be a solid backup plan

2. DE J.Heath
    - again I remember some production from him last PS or the PS before ( I believe it was him)
    - With Gotsis gone as well as a few other backup guys gone we need depth.

Others we let go were:

- DB Kahani Smith
    - QB Riley Neal
    - LB Tre' Crawford
    - WR Kelvin McKnight
    - DB Shakial Taylor
    - OC Nico Falah

Link to the article here: https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/b...-moves-tc-2020

Thoughts?.

Denver also released defensive end Joel Heath.
    I think Joel Heath was with the Texans last year. Denver claimed him on 31 December and re-signed him in March, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    I think Joel Heath was with the Texans last year. Denver claimed him on 31 December and re-signed him in March, I think.
    I just remember a guy with a similar name really doing well either last PS or the one before.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    I KNEW IT! I wasn't crazy....well that is still debatable I suppose. He was the guy I was thinking about.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/b...-nt-joel-heath

After SB50 he was awarded to "us" after we claimed him. He played for us in the PS that year and I remember looking at how well he played and thought he could well make the team. Last season he was with the Texans and we "got him again".

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    I KNEW IT! I wasn't crazy....well that is still debatable I suppose. He was the guy I was thinking about.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/b...-nt-joel-heath

After SB50 he was awarded to "us" after we claimed him. He played for us in the PS that year and I remember looking at how well he played and thought he could well make the team. Last season he was with the Texans and we "got him again".
    Joel Heath was undrafted out of Michigan State in 2016. In May of that year he signed as an UDFA with the Houston Texans. That was the year after SB 50, so I'm not clear on what the link means. I don't see how he could have played for Denver in any preseason games from 2016 through 2019. Maybe someone else can clarify. He was with the Texans off and on for the next four seasons making sixteen starts in four years. He was released by the Texans in December 2019 and Denver claimed him on the last day of that month, re-signed him in March 2020 and released him last month.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

From the article:

Also on Friday, the Broncos re-signed nose tackle Joel Heath, whose rights were awarded to the Broncos following the Super Bowl. Heath, a fifth-year player, spent his previous four seasons with the Texans. He played in 32 games and started 16. In that time, he recorded 34 total tackles, three sacks and six quarterback hits.

He played for Houston in 2016/2017/2018/2019 according to Pro Football Reference: https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../HeatJo00.htm#

I'm assuming Heath was originally signed with us as an UDFA and then went to Houston instead.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    From the article:

Also on Friday, the Broncos re-signed nose tackle Joel Heath, whose rights were awarded to the Broncos following the Super Bowl. Heath, a fifth-year player, spent his previous four seasons with the Texans. He played in 32 games and started 16. In that time, he recorded 34 total tackles, three sacks and six quarterback hits.

He played for Houston in 2016/2017/2018/2019 according to Pro Football Reference: https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../HeatJo00.htm#

I'm assuming Heath was originally signed with us as an UDFA and then went to Houston instead.
    we cut him.

Todd Davis just got cut.