• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atwaterandstir
    Football Immortal
    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    "zero shot of playing out" okay man, we will see. in meantime, bosa is healthy and going to wreak havoc on the defense as usual.
    You do realize Bosa just got something like 15 million more at signing than Mahomes did right? Like 26 million more than (next highest) Garrett? They took out so much incentive and it doesn't even help the yearly cap hit.

The Chargers already paid him and left very little in guarantees. He's the 35th highest paid edge rusher from here on and that number only goes down for 6 years....while the salary cap is supposed to significantly increase.

Yes Baph, zero shot. I can't believe you don't see the huge red flag.

Comment

• Sam_Z
      Banned User
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
      Bosa is good but the truth is with Chubb coming back, and the addition of Jurrell Casey the Broncos will have the AFC West best pass rush in 2020.

BTWremont Jones proved to be a better pick than Tillery.
      Malik Reed, Justin Hollins, and Jeremiah Attaochu all showed some promise last season and with the addition of McTelvin Agim the Broncos should have the most quality dept in the league!

Unless Walker makes a huge jump, he may find himself without a job.
      Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-01-2020, 02:48 AM.

Comment

• baphamet
        Family Trust Beer
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
        You do realize Bosa just got something like 15 million more at signing than Mahomes did right? Like 26 million more than (next highest) Garrett? They took out so much incentive and it doesn't even help the yearly cap hit.

The Chargers already paid him and left very little in guarantees. He's the 35th highest paid edge rusher from here on and that number only goes down for 6 years....while the salary cap is supposed to significantly increase.

Yes Baph, zero shot. I can't believe you don't see the huge red flag.
        look at the underlined and please explain to me why you think that is? Do you think COVID is going away? Do you think teams are going to let fans fill their stadiums? Do you think there will be no revenue loss?

the cap is likely going down next season significantly, at the very least staying the same. that we do know.

Something to monitor: The salary cap in 2021 could potentially take a massive hit due to COVID-19. "The various estimates I've gotten from executives to owners is that the cap could be down anywhere $30M to $80M in 2021" —
        @AdamSchefter
        like i said before, if he wants a better contract in 2024, that means he's still dominating and one of the best edge defenders in the league. you said before that he wouldn't try as hard because he already got paid most of his money. one thing is for sure....... if he doesn't give it his all or he injures himself like you are suggesting, he isn't getting another huge payday like this.

if the dude dominates and wants a newly revised contract in 2024, he would have the leverage to do it. no matter what the contract details are that would be the case. that will also depend on the salary cap situation at the time which is anyone's guess right now.

Comment

• baphamet
          Family Trust Beer
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
          he partially tore his acl at the end of September, nearly 11 months ago, he will be ready
          is he fully ready right now? from what i have read he is not. not all of those injuries are the same for everyone. Forrest lamp suffered a similar injury and it took him 2 years to get back to 100%.

just saying man. I'm sure he will be ready to go but will he feel comfortable with it? will it affect his game? we will see.

Comment

• baphamet
            Family Trust Beer
            • Nov 2006

joey bosa also just said this:

Bosa said he thinks his holdout as a rookie played a part in his new contract coming together quicker. Said he and the team didn't want to "butt heads."

Bosa also said his holdout as a rookie indicated to the team that he knows his wroth. Added that he never wanted to go anywhere else and wanted to stay with the Chargers
            I do think that was a big part of it. fans were saying just give bosa a blank check and that's basically what they did. they didnt want any part of another bosa hold out, they need him badly. it's not a team frinedly contract by any means but they did what they had to do to keep him, simple as that.

Comment

Working...
            X