Thread: Better career?

Better career?

Clyde Edwards-Hilaire or Jonathan Taylor?

Which of the two will have the better long term success? I would ask about Swift but he's in Detroit LOL....

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Clyde Edwards-Hilaire or Jonathan Taylor?

Which of the two will have the better long term success? I would ask about Swift but he's in Detroit LOL....
    Dynasty league?

That's a complicated question for me, after I think about it. Right away, you know you're going to get a safe floor out of CEH. He's playing in a great offense that has been fantastic for running backs, and he's a 1st round pick. We know Reid will value him as a receiver more than Williams, so there's your PPR value. As a runner, there's some unknown, but it seems to me that Reid likes to keep the same personnel on the field. I don't have any data to back that up right now, but I think he likes the idea of doing multiple things out of the same look. So, I think the gamble on him becoming a 3 down is justifiable. I know that guys like Penny detract from the 1st rounder thing, but CEH doesn't have Chris "Frankenstein's Monster" Carson on the roster with him.

Johnathan Taylor looks the part, and he's got a great offensive line. An offensive line that should be together for a while. What happens with Marlon Mack? I dunno, but Taylor has a chance to be really good.

I don't think you can miss on this one, but if we're talking instant payoff, I think I would go with CEH. You never know with any certainty about these things though. Just have to use your gut.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Dynasty league?

That's a complicated question for me, after I think about it. Right away, you know you're going to get a safe floor out of CEH. He's playing in a great offense that has been fantastic for running backs, and he's a 1st round pick. We know Reid will value him as a receiver more than Williams, so there's your PPR value. As a runner, there's some unknown, but it seems to me that Reid likes to keep the same personnel on the field. I don't have any data to back that up right now, but I think he likes the idea of doing multiple things out of the same look. So, I think the gamble on him becoming a 3 down is justifiable. I know that guys like Penny detract from the 1st rounder thing, but CEH doesn't have Chris "Frankenstein's Monster" Carson on the roster with him.

Johnathan Taylor looks the part, and he's got a great offensive line. An offensive line that should be together for a while. What happens with Marlon Mack? I dunno, but Taylor has a chance to be really good.

I don't think you can miss on this one, but if we're talking instant payoff, I think I would go with CEH. You never know with any certainty about these things though. Just have to use your gut.
    Yeah, I'm in a dynasty league and I have the top pick and in my eyes it's one or the other. I like CEH because of his potential with Reid but I LOVE that workhorse back that Taylor presents... potentially

Yeah, I'm in a dynasty league and I have the top pick and in my eyes it's one or the other. I like CEH because of his potential with Reid but I LOVE that workhorse back that Taylor presents... potentially
    You know what's funny, though? Cam Akers. I know that's a busy backfield and all, but if you believe in the guy, that could be a situation there. Long term, JK Dobbins could also be a situation worth looking into. I don't envy you having the first pick in a dynasty league this year. Nothing seems to be clear cut. If it's PPR, maybe receiver?

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    You know what's funny, though? Cam Akers. I know that's a busy backfield and all, but if you believe in the guy, that could be a situation there. Long term, JK Dobbins could also be a situation worth looking into. I don't envy you having the first pick in a dynasty league this year. Nothing seems to be clear cut. If it's PPR, maybe receiver?
    With so little depth at RB on my roster I pretty much am forced to go RB. I drafted WR heavy last year because I drew a later pick. All top end RBs were gone by my pick so naturally I went WR.

Believe me I looked at Akers too but imo, it basically comes down to 2 factors. Who will give me 1st year production and who will be guaranteed long-term opportunity? I really only see 3 guys in this draft who can fit that bill and it's CEH, Taylor and Swift.

If Detroit didn't have Kerryon Johnson I would probably lean Swift over both. I thought he was the best back in college last year. Apparently Reid thought otherwise

With so little depth at RB on my roster I pretty much am forced to go RB. I drafted WR heavy last year because I drew a later pick. All top end RBs were gone by my pick so naturally I went WR.

Believe me I looked at Akers too but imo, it basically comes down to 2 factors. Who will give me 1st year production and who will be guaranteed long-term opportunity? I really only see 3 guys in this draft who can fit that bill and it's CEH, Taylor and Swift.

If Detroit didn't have Kerryon Johnson I would probably lean Swift over both. I thought he was the best back in college last year. Apparently Reid thought otherwise
    I smell what you're stepping in. It's weird to me how many teams went RB when you could argue they had more pressing concerns in the draft. Maybe Detroit thinks Kerryon's injury problems are a big deal. That, and they were really high on Swift.

This year I think CEH gets the nod, since he's the lead guy. Taylor has to split with Mack who is very talented. I think long term Taylor gets the nod. In fact, I would have swift over CEH as well.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    This year I think CEH gets the nod, since he's the lead guy. Taylor has to split with Mack who is very talented. I think long term Taylor gets the nod. In fact, I would have swift over CEH as well.
    That is the tough decision when trying to weigh in the dynasty aspect of it. I have zero doubt that CEH gets the best numbers this year but what happens 2+ years from now? Detroit scares me just because they are Detroit LOL and Taylor had such a bad fumbling issue in college I want to just wait and see how he handles it...but unfortunately I don't have a crystal ball to see that

If weíre talking a career, Iíd lean more towards Akers personally. Not much competition in St. Louis and while the oline is now suspect, itís still a running back friendly system. Brown is likely just a guy there and Henderson will likely get locked into a third down scat back type of role. His RB coach recruited him coming out of high school and he was their first pick in the draft so thereís probably some incentive to get him on the field sooner than later. Plus he ran in a zone system at FSU. Also not really a reason to draft him but he has a nice arm so he can give you added value there lol

Taylor has Mack to compete with for carries and Hines can get hot too. Taylorís likely the guy long term and while they have a great oline, they are treading a dangerous path at QB. Helaire has all the intangibles you want in a RB, but a lack of tangibles may limit him although heíll likely get a lot of usage this season with no Williams.
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 08-09-2020 at 11:51 AM.