Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Sometimes an Addition to our Team is by Subtraction. This could be a Blessing In Disguise. James to me was just another Swing and a Miss in FA. Sometimes you hit big and sometimes you fall flat on your face. Oh Well Next Man Up !

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    They could still sign a veteran FA RT. If Glenn, Veldheer or Penn have anything left, one of them might get the job done at RT. Glenn is 30 and has 95 starts in eight years;
    Veldheer is 33 and has 113 starts in ten years including twelve for Denver in 2018; Penn is 37 and has 189 starts in thirteen years. Glenn and Penn have only played on the left, I believe, while Veldheer has played both sides.

Good to hear Wilkinson and Muti are active. They seem to like Wilkinson as a Swing Tackle. I think they want to avoid having two rookies next to each other in the event Dalton moves to RT. I'm sure Denver's FO is exploring what it will take to part ways with James and how much it will cost. Hope they can get a veteran FA to play RT.
    Hidden messages, Sam?

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Hidden messages, Sam?

Flatulence strikes again! I suspect Terence and Philip. Veteran comes from the Latin adjective vetus, veteris which means old. I have learned that when one lives long enough to become old, becoming an old fart is inevitable.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Haha Haha! Nice posts guys . Great catch Rastic lol

With a newborn at home, I absolutely support James' decision. At the end of the day, it's his family he wants to protect. Leaves us looking for answers, but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    They could still sign a veteran FA RT. If Glenn, Veldheer or Penn have anything left, one of them might get the job done at RT. Glenn is 30 and has 95 starts in eight years;
    Veldheer is 33 and has 113 starts in ten years including twelve for Denver in 2018; Penn is 37 and has 189 starts in thirteen years. Glenn and Penn have only played on the left, I believe, while Veldheer has played both sides.

Good to hear Wilkinson and Muti are active. They seem to like Wilkinson as a Swing Tackle. I think they want to avoid having two rookies next to each other in the event Dalton moves to RT. I'm sure Denver's FO is exploring what it will take to part ways with James and how much it will cost. Hope they can get a veteran FA to play RT.
    I was getting really happy thinking of Risner-Crunchberry-Glasgow with Muti as developmental depth. A strong IOL would do wonders for the run and pass. If they used the money that came off the books to grab a one year stopgap FA at RT then I wouldn't complain.Maybe they buttfumble into a multi year replacement for James that way.

This guy is a big disappointment.
    Kinda like Jarvis Moss and Dale Carter.

Funny. I respect every players choice to opt out for their own personal reasons and I do truly respect his decision as well. But this one was even less of a shock than Nate Soldier. I was surprised that he waited this long to opt out, like he really needed to think about it. I'm just glad he did it now instead of dragging a strained pinky out and giving fictious hope that he might play and we wast time and resources on him.
    #swapping

He has a 2 month old baby at home. I donít blame him one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    This guy is a big disappointment.
    Kinda like Jarvis Moss and Dale Carter.
    Oooo Dale Carter. He is up there, along with Eddie Kennison. I would put James up there with the blunder free agent signing of Daryl Gardener. Both players played under a handful of games for us...

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Oooo Dale Carter. He is up there, along with Eddie Kennison. I would put James up there with the blunder free agent signing of Daryl Gardener. Both players played under a handful of games for us...
    Maurice Clarett (even though drafted) is another one! Shanahan still has Elway best in this category.

I don't blame him, but gosh, I was pretty upset with not addressing T in the draft. Even without COVID, relying on James and Bolles to not get injured and play decently didn't seem like a good bet. Now, it's definitely not. If there's a season, oline will be the achilles heel of the offense. Just like last year, and the year before that, and the year before that...

Well he might not get hurt this way,....

What a bad FA pickup... not that this could be anticipated... but it just went sooooo sideways with this guy..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by dgobronco View Post
    I don't blame him, but gosh, I was pretty upset with not addressing T in the draft. Even without COVID, relying on James and Bolles to not get injured and play decently didn't seem like a good bet. Now, it's definitely not. If there's a season, oline will be the achilles heel of the offense. Just like last year, and the year before that, and the year before that...
    Even though it seems like such, I disagree because if we move Risner and Muti is healthy, it could be something special aside from G-Bolles.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Even though it seems like such, I disagree because if we move Risner and Muti is healthy, it could be something special aside from G-Bolles.
    I prefer Risner next to Bolles for some continuity. And was looking forward to the Risner/ Cush/ Glasgow interior potential of keeping center of the line solid.

Having Bolles and Muti on the left side would either be the beginning of something beautiful as they maul defensive lineman or the most unnecessary roughness calls ever called on a tandem in NFL history. Either way could be entertaining!

I think they will be acquiring a starting RT in free agency or trade though. They now can overpay on a one year contract with Jamesí money.

Another thought, it is going to really suck to bring James back and still owe him for this year and next even though he will not have played in two years. At the very least he should be working his ass off getting to peak fitness. Why do I doubt he will. More likely to return next year fined and on the PUP list for being overweight and canít pass a physical.
    Last edited by FR Tim; 08-03-2020 at 08:33 PM.