Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    It certainly is a mystery of what Elway and Co have in mind. I canít wait to see how this plays out. Because with James opting out it places the problem front and center. Not like Elway can just brush this aside again.

Perhaps the ďdevelopmental OTsĒ are believed to be on the roster already? Only thing that makes sense when they have 10 picks and donít draft the position. And two months of free agency to augment the position but choosing not to do so.

Trading for a competent OT has its own questions. Who is trading a ďgood oneĒ? Even for a future 1st? And if they trade for one will it be a one year rental or long term solution. Both factor into cost in the pick and future salary.

Funny how things change. During the lead up to the draft I posed the question of using the strategy of future picks ( specifically a 1st) to move back into the 30-40 range to target two quality players in the second round. iirc it was looking for OT and CB after a WR pick in the first. It was emphatically shot down .

Seems like now the FO may not have a choice but to dangle a high pick next year to solve the problem. Overpay or overdraft due to desperation is not a solid strategy. Yet that seems to be the plan for multiple years now with the oline.

Going to be interesting to see how Elway addresses this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Well I'd argue that he had an entire off-season to "do something". So in some respects he's already show us his approach. The RT spot hasn't had a good player since Franklin and in the SB we went against the worst match up for him in 2013. No one else has really been able to set that right edge since.

Now the question is do we believe that with a RT that we can be special and pick outside the top 13 to 15. If that is the case looking to trade for a stellar RT may infact be the way to go. A good one will cost a 1st at least.
    Oh I donít doubt itíll cost a first but he wonít part with a first. We may see Veldheer back in Denver if thereís no grudges but itís hard to see Elway even trading a 3rd for a quality back up let alone a starler.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Does anybody know anything about Broncos rookie free agent hunter watts? Can he play?

He was just a camp body up until yesterday but unfortunately we may have to rely on him for depth. Could he possibly provide any type of depth at this point?
    He is tall. Don't know. Probably only PS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    It would seem like the most logical move given Risners history on the right side but I think the staff wants to keep the center of the line solidified.

Unless Muti is healthy enough to start but as someone else already stated, it Could be a record year for holding penalties between he and Bolles! Instead of Broncomania, itíd be wrestlemania.
    Netane Muti doesn't hold much. His specialty is pancakes.

Quote Originally Posted by CheyennePress View Post
    Very good post, Sam, but you are one more person who forgot about Josh Jones, picked at #72 by Arizona and perhaps one of the steals of the draft. I get the Hamler pick, but I really wanted Jones there.
    I thought he was a good prospect, too. There was speculation he would play inside. We'll see where Arizona plays him.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Netane Muti doesn't hold much. His specialty is pancakes.
    What if we changed their names (Bolles/Muti) and swapped their positions and called them Pancake Holder!

Or they could be like bran-gelina and Ben-ifer and call them cake-bol!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-05-2020 at 11:16 AM.

Some of you make me ashamed to be a Denver Broncos fan.

You canít criticize this man for opting out at this time.

Iím excited to see how Elway will fill the spot.

This season is about adjusting on the run. We canít expect to have every player every week anyway.

I wish Juwan James the best.
    Last edited by Champ>NFL; 08-05-2020 at 05:57 PM.

I think Wilkinson is the starter, and we'll pick up someone for depth. There just aren't many good solutions at this point. Last year, Lock had pressure from outside, inside, or sometimes both on the same play. Having a solid interior should help, and he'll have to be mindful of the pocket collapsing from the sides.

Also crazy how you people are criticizing him because he WAS INJURED!!

I think we underrate how violent this sport is sometimes.

A guy like this makes me appreciate Bolle's ability to be healthy and ready to play every week.
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by dgobronco View Post
    I think Wilkinson is the starter, and we'll pick up someone for depth. There just aren't many good solutions at this point. Last year, Lock had pressure from outside, inside, or sometimes both on the same play. Having a solid interior should help, and he'll have to be mindful of the pocket collapsing from the sides.
    Lock did show that he can deal with pressure better than any other QB that played for us last year by working successful pass plays behind the same O-Line. I thought it was fairly obvious that he mitigated poor line play. Not to say he was as good as PFM at it or anything like that. But he did it - and you can check out a few of the Youtube guys who have broken it down with examples on video. It's enough that in my opinion a solid interior line will allow the Offense to progress even while being weaker at the Tackle position. We don't necessarily have to have great OT's. We don't even have to have two impact guys at the position. We'll be OK if we have a Just A Guy at each spot.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    A guy like this makes me appreciate Bolle's ability to be healthy and ready to play every week.
    Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    Lock did show that he can deal with pressure better than any other QB that played for us last year by working successful pass plays behind the same O-Line. I thought it was fairly obvious that he mitigated poor line play. Not to say he was as good as PFM at it or anything like that. But he did it - and you can check out a few of the Youtube guys who have broken it down with examples on video. It's enough that in my opinion a solid interior line will allow the Offense to progress even while being weaker at the Tackle position. We don't necessarily have to have great OT's. We don't even have to have two impact guys at the position. We'll be OK if we have a Just A Guy at each spot.
    Until we play KC again. Their defensive line gave Lock hell with 3-4 man rushes

Quote Originally Posted by dgobronco View Post
    If Eli is in the five, he can play inside or outside. Munchak will put each of the five at his best spot. Wilkinson had seven starts at RG in 2018 and looked OK. Last year he was pretty shaky at RT, especially in pass protection. If Denver signs a veteran Tackle, I doubt Eli will be in the five. In that scenario he would probably be active on game day as the Swing Tackle, unless Munchak thinks one of the other guys is better outside.

It seems they want an interior of "Route 66", Cushenberry and GG. Risner is a possibility at T, but one that is probably a contingency plan. We have no preseason games to see these guys in action against another team. When the roster is set with a depth chart, we'll have a better idea of Munchak's evaluation.

Muti's health and Munchak's evaluation of him will be a factor in possible shuffles. In the event Cushenberry is the starting Center, I'm inclined to doubt Munchak would want two rookies next to each other. Circumstances may dictate otherwise as the season unfolds, if a full season transpires.
    Last edited by samparnell; 08-05-2020 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    Also crazy how you people are criticizing him because he WAS INJURED!!

I think we underrate how violent this sport is sometimes.
    I completely understand where you are coming from but something tells me that Juwann wouldíve found a way to sit out. Covid or no covid.

His heart just doesnít seem to be in the game of football anymore.

Canít dislike him for that bc as humans beings we canít fight our feelings but he should have enough common courtesy for the team to just retire and find another profession while thereís still a chance to get the right players at the RG position in here instead of wasting time on him!

Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    Some of you make me ashamed to be a Denver Broncos fan.

You canít criticize this man for opting out at this time.

Iím excited to see how Elway will fill the spot.

This season is about adjusting on the run. We canít expect to have every player every week anyway.

I wish Juwan James the best.
    "Dishonor on you , dishonor on your whole family and dishonor on your cow " 😆 lol
    Last edited by orange crush75; 08-05-2020 at 08:37 PM.