Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Its being reported that the Broncos are expected to sign him pending a physical.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post

It’s being reported that the Broncos are expected to sign him pending a physical.
    I have spent some time researching this morning and I feel better now than when we had James.
    In the last 45 years the Broncos have drafted in the top 10 five times. They have drafted in the top 15 twelve times. Some may want them to draft a top 5 pick but the Broncos are not as bad they want them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post

Its being reported that the Broncos are expected to sign him pending a physical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I have spent some time researching this morning and I feel better now than when we had James.
    Perhaps James opted his way out of Denver?
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    I have considered this...he has a huge cap hit if we release him in 2021....we did save some cap space this year when James opted out and we can roll it to next year to deal with the cap hit of releasing him.

We will see....
    In the last 45 years the Broncos have drafted in the top 10 five times. They have drafted in the top 15 twelve times. Some may want them to draft a top 5 pick but the Broncos are not as bad they want them to be.

Maybe after next year.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

It will be 19M to cut him, 13M to keep him on the roster. I think it is only practical to keep him on the roster to lessen the cap hit by 6M. If he plays well, great... if he is more of the same, he might as well be put on IR so he doesn't hold a roster spot. For 2022 he still has 6M dead money hit or 14M on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    It will be 19M to cut him, 13M to keep him on the roster. I think it is only practical to keep him on the roster to lessen the cap hit by 6M. If he plays well, great... if he is more of the same, he might as well be put on IR so he doesn't hold a roster spot. For 2022 he still has 6M dead money hit or 14M on the roster.
    How much of his cap hit from 2020 will we save and be able to roll over to 2021?

How much of his cap hit from 2020 will we save and be able to roll over to 2021?

Iirc the players that opt out get a $160K stipend that is deducted from their salary next year. So basically moving the contract forward one year.

Broncos obligated to pay him for two more years after this. Broncos can only hope he returns healthy and ready to finally earn his highest paid RT salary.

His whole salary will role over... so if saved... it can offset some of the hit... like they did with flacco
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

To the end of 2020 season the Broncos have ~28.6M in cap space with James' cap# taken out. When the new season starts he will cost 13M then instead of in 2020. According to Spotrac the 150,000 stipend comes off his "salary" but is still in the "misc" column so his cap# next year will be 13M unless he is cut than the dead money # is 19M.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Iirc the players that opt out get a $160K stipend that is deducted from their salary next year. So basically moving the contract forward one year.

Broncos obligated to pay him for two more years after this. Broncos can only hope he returns healthy and ready to finally earn his “ highest paid RT” salary.
    I have seen this posted a few times... at the time he was signed his salary/contract was NOT the "highest" for a RT. Trent Brown signed 2 days before James at a higher salary and bigger contract and a bigger cap hit in 2019. Maybe I am missing something about the contracts?

I have seen this posted a few times... at the time he was signed his salary/contract was NOT the "highest" for a RT. Trent Brown signed 2 days before James at a higher salary and bigger contract and a bigger cap hit in 2019. Maybe I am missing something about the contracts?

From NFL.com at the time:

Former Miami Dolphins right tackle Ja'Wuan James is set to sign the largest contract for a right tackle as he's agreed to terms on a contract with the Denver Broncos for four years worth $51 million, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported per agent Bill Johnson of SportsTrust. The team later made the news official.
    Rapoport added that he will get $32 million guaranteed as he becomes the highest-paid right tackle in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    From NFL.com at the time:

Former Miami Dolphins right tackle Ja'Wuan James is set to sign the largest contract for a right tackle as he's agreed to terms on a contract with the Denver Broncos for four years worth $51 million, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported per agent Bill Johnson of SportsTrust. The team later made the news official.
    Rapoport added that he will get $32 million guaranteed as he becomes the highest-paid right tackle in the league.
    Trent Brown signed his contract on March 11 2019 for 66M, 36.25M GTD. James signed his contract on March 13 2019 for 51M, 27M GTD at signing, 32M total. So, if we go by the reported agreed to terms ... date? then he was the highest paid for hours/days? Trent Brown agreed to and signed his contract on 3-11-19.
    Thanks for the ... info/theory that he has the "highest paid RT salary"... currently he is the lowest paid RT.

Trent Brown signed his contract on March 11 2019 for 66M, 36.25M GTD. James signed his contract on March 13 2019 for 51M, 27M GTD at signing, 32M total. So, if we go by the reported agreed to terms ... date? then he was the highest paid for hours/days? Trent Brown agreed to and signed his contract on 3-11-19.
    Thanks for the ... info/theory that he has the "highest paid RT salary"... currently he is the lowest paid RT.

At the time Brown was at LT for the Patriots before signing with the Raiders so despite playing RT the majority of his career James was given that title on a technicality.

Ok. Just because the information out there is so random,,.i found this article from the time,,,So no one knows.

The Denver Broncos have upgraded their offensive line with the addition of offensive tackle Ja'Wuan James.

Per Adam Schefter of ESPN, the two sides agreed on a four-year, $52 million deal. The contract also reportedly includes $32 million worth of guarantees.

As ESPN's Cameron Wolfe noted, this will make him the highest-paid right tackle in the NFL. It also places him not too far behind Trent Brown, who agreed to a $66 million contract with $36.75 million in guarantees Monday to become the highest-paid offensive lineman in history, per Schefter.

So :head scratcher: hahaha

It has something to do with the time of the co tract being executed... Browns was signed On the 11th but not executed until the 13th which left this humorous anomaly on “highest paid”. Haha