Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Nothing major...just get to be the highest paid RT....and then plays 10 snaps until week 8, then 22 I believe....

Ya he milks injuries...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    He was medically cleared.

Garret Bolles played through an entire season with a torn ligament three seasons ago, Bradley Chubb finished a game with a torn ACL last season.
    Al Wilson played on a broken foot once.
    Jim Plunket QBíed a game with a broken finger on his throwing hand!

Again James was medically cleared.

When Juwann James gets his degree in medical science, Iíll believe him but for now it sounds as if he was playing sick, playing hooky!
    Itís his knee, dude.

Why should he destroy his knee for what was a losing season anyway.

You people care too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    He was injured, dude. You can’t be upset a player didn’t play because they were injured.

And you’re questioning him over Covid, that’s ridiculous.
    First of all, I wasn't questioning him over Covid. Re-read my reply...

Second of all - why can't we be upset? He's been injured since we literally signed him. We are paying him a lot of money to not play. How is that unreasonable to be upset about - "Dude?"

Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    Itís his knee, dude.

Why should he destroy his knee for what was a losing season anyway.

You people care too much.

Med_ically Cleared

Again when James receives his PHD or Doctrine in medical science, Iíll believe him but for now Iím going to believe the medical staff and James was just playing sick.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-06-2020 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Nothing major...just get to be the highest paid RT....and then plays 10 snaps until week 8, then 22 I believe....

Ya he milks injuries...
    The correct term in this case would be boo-boo.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    First of all, I wasn't questioning him over Covid. Re-read my reply...

Second of all - why can't we be upset? He's been injured since we literally signed him. We are paying him a lot of money to not play. How is that unreasonable to be upset about - "Dude?"
    They could literally pay me 1/4 of James' salary not to play.

4 pm Eastern time, today, for opt outs.

Keep your fingers crossed.

I think he is soft due to being medially cleared like how others have expressed. It has nothing to do with his decisions in 2020.

Shoot over the years we have seen OL get a knee surgery and play the same week. I do not expect everyone to do that but when I see the head coach scratching his head as to why someone will not play...that is a good sign the player may be milking an injury.

When the player is getting paid top dollar I think it is ok for fans to expect a certain level of toughness from a FOOTBALL PLAYER.
    In the last 45 years the Broncos have drafted in the top 10 five times. They have drafted in the top 15 twelve times. Some may want them to draft a top 5 pick but the Broncos are not as bad they want them to be.

Time to move on from Ja'Wuan James. He made three starts and played 63 snaps last year which was 6.2%. I don't think he completed any of the games he started. As per the CBA, he has opted out of the 2020 season. It is my understanding that opting out is irreversible, so he's done for this season.

As far as Offensive Tackles are concerned:

~ Garrett Bolles played 1015 snaps last year which was 99.9%. He has started every game the last three seasons;

~ Eli Wilkinson played 835 snaps last year which was 82.19%. He had seven starts at RG in 2018, and twelve starts at RT last year;

~ Jake Rodgers has been in the league since 2015 on the practice squads of seven different teams (three times with the Steelers) He made the 53 man roster of a team for the first time last year in Denver and made his first appearance in a game and his first NFL start and played 118 snaps (11.61%) which is almost twice as many as Ja'Wuan James;

~ Denver also has Calvin Anderson, Quinn Bailey and Hunter Watts;

~ These guys are coached by a very good O-Line Coach, Mike Munchak;

~ It is not outside the realm of possibility that Denver will acquire another Tackle either via free agency or trade.

Pissing, moaning, whining, crying, bellyaching, bickering and arguing about Ja'Wuan James will get real old real fast, and will detract from studying and speculating about the O-Line for 2020 which includes two very interesting rookie draftees (i.e., Lloyd Cushenberry and Netane Muti) and a great pair of starting Guards (i.e., Graham Glasgow and "Route 66" Dalton Risner)
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Med_ically Cleared

Again when James receives his PHD or Doctrine in medical science, Iíll believe him but for now Iím going to believe the medical staff and James was just playing sick.
    Medically is actually four syllables.

med/i/cal/ly

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Time to move on from Ja'Wuan James. He made three starts and played 63 snaps last year which was 6.2%. I don't think he completed any of the games he started. As per the CBA, he has opted out of the 2020 season. It is my understanding that opting out is irreversible, so he's done for this season.

As far as Offensive Tackles are concerned:

~ Garrett Bolles played 1015 snaps last year which was 99.9%. He has started every game the last three seasons;

~ Eli Wilkinson played 835 snaps last year which was 82.19%. He had seven starts at RG in 2018, and twelve starts at RT last year;

~ Jake Rodgers has been in the league since 2015 on the practice squads of seven different teams (three times with the Steelers) He made the 53 man roster of a team for the first time last year in Denver and made his first appearance in a game and his first NFL start and played 118 snaps (11.61%) which is almost twice as many as Ja'Wuan James;

~ Denver also has Calvin Anderson, Quinn Bailey and Hunter Watts;

~ These guys are coached by a very good O-Line Coach, Mike Munchak;

~ It is not outside the realm of possibility that Denver will acquire another Tackle either via free agency or trade.

Pissing, moaning, whining, crying, bellyaching, bickering and arguing about Ja'Wuan James will get real old real fast, and will detract from studying and speculating about the O-Line for 2020 which includes two very interesting rookie draftees (i.e., Lloyd Cushenberry and Netane Muti) and a great pair of starting Guards (i.e., Graham Glasgow and "Route 66" Dalton Risner)
    Noted.

I think we should just stick to grumbling, griping, and fussing.

It really is old news at this point where the future of the OL is concerned, I can concede that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Noted.

I think we should just stick to grumbling, griping, and fussing.

It really is old news at this point where the future of the OL is concerned, I can concede that.
    grousing and bleating?

Med_ically Cleared

Not to get too deep into this but being medically cleared by the team staff doesnít necessarily mean heís good to go. Weíve seen a lot of team staffs over the years clear people they shouldnít have, I remember after Rod Smithís last season he got surgery on his hip and they were shocked he was able to even walk because of how bad it was. The Warriors medical staff cleared Kevin Durant to play, we saw how that turned out. Sure itíd be nice if he played through it but if he played badly or hurt himself even worse no one would be giving him props for playing injured, theyíd be ragging on him for being a detriment to the team for playing while hurt.

Opting out because of COVID is a bad move for us and probably his football career but it forces us to keep him on the roster next season when his contract gets reinstated even if someone balls out there or we draft a stud there in the offseason so itís probably a good financial move for him.

All in all I highly doubt he plays another snap here, possibly ever again.

Hard part about moving on from James is there is no ďmoving onĒ because of the cap implications.

This years salary of $10M just gets moved to next year. And his buy out gets pushed to the year after. WhIch is complicated because it has a $6m dead cap attached.

So ďmoving onĒ implications is two years after this season at best. Canít cut him, canít play him, canít trade him. Awesome!

Just focusing on how this problem gets resolved for this season is probably best to move on to. Great advice.

Has anyone heard any rumors of possible free agent or trade options? Please share. I can only hope that silence means Elway has something brewing. At least I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Hard part about moving on from James is there is no “moving on” because of the cap implications.

This years salary of $10M just gets moved to next year. And his buy out gets pushed to the year after. WhIch is complicated because it has a $6m dead cap attached.

So “moving on” implications is two years after this season at best. Can’t cut him, can’t play him, can’t trade him. Awesome!

Just focusing on how this problem gets resolved for this season is probably best to move on to. Great advice.

Has anyone heard any rumors of possible free agent or trade options? Please share. I can only hope that silence means Elway has something brewing. At least I hope so.
    Free agent possibilities include: Cordy Glenn, Demar Dotson, Jared Veldheer, Donald Penn, LaAdrian Waddle, Jordan Mills, J'Marcus Webb, Marshall Newhouse, T.J. Clemmings, etc.
    Last edited by samparnell; 08-06-2020 at 11:02 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    For a moment I was wondering if someone else was thinking "hey we roll this guys cap to next year and that will help us deal with the 19 mil cap hit when we release him in 2021!"

Then I remembered that thought was as crazy as I figured when I first had it. I think you mean something else
    Last edited by Hadez; 08-06-2020 at 10:50 AM.
    In the last 45 years the Broncos have drafted in the top 10 five times. They have drafted in the top 15 twelve times. Some may want them to draft a top 5 pick but the Broncos are not as bad they want them to be.