Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Can't blame him for taking advantage of the situation. Millions across the country did the same by remaining unemployed to collect the $650 per week. With that said, he turned out to be a bad investment. There were warning signs from his time at Miami. We need to start heeding to warning signs associated with free agents and draft prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by elway7777 View Post
    Can't blame him for taking advantage of the situation. Millions across the country did the same by remaining unemployed to collect the $650 per week. With that said, he turned out to be a bad investment. There were warning signs from his time at Miami. We need to start heeding to warning signs associated with free agents and draft prospects.
    Are you talking about the people who were told they are inessential?

It’s unfortunate that the Broncos chose to sign an unreliable player.

Hopefully they can overcome that mistake.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dgobronco View Post
    I don't blame him, but gosh, I was pretty upset with not addressing T in the draft. Even without COVID, relying on James and Bolles to not get injured and play decently didn't seem like a good bet. Now, it's definitely not. If there's a season, oline will be the achilles heel of the offense. Just like last year, and the year before that, and the year before that...
    Bolles deserves his share of criticism, being injured is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Bolles deserves his share of criticism, being injured is not one of them.
    IIRC Garrett Bolles hasn't missed a start. He's always available which is something to build on.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    IIRC Garrett Bolles hasn't missed a start. He's always available which is something to build on.
    Right. As I recall that point has been made by the Front Office a few times when Bolles has been brought up by media. I don't doubt that he has put in the physical effort to do the job and the guy shows up for work.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    Right. As I recall that point has been made by the Front Office a few times when Bolles has been brought up by media. I don't doubt that he has put in the physical effort to do the job and the guy shows up for work.
    Showing up has ever been an issue with Bolles. Dude is a rock in dependability. His issues have always been controlling his emotions.

Either getting personal fouls or getting frustrated and “tackling” a defender. Add in his stubborn refusal to accept accountability in a press conference. All emotions unchecked.

Part of the reason I hope they can keep Risner at LG is his stability and attitude. Playing next to Risner another season would do a lot of good in keeping Bolles in check IMO.

What's the point of perfect attendance if you performance is subpar. Boles is unteachable.

That's a lot of weed.
    Sam 100 percent for personal use....nothing to see there. Only question I have is was it bricked or was it in the classic black garbage bags?

What's the point of perfect attendance if you performance is subpar. Boles is unteachable.
    An unreachable person makes the same mistakes over and over. We saw a pretty dramatic change in the back half and a greater leap in the back 3rd of the season. IF he can play above average and we can lock him up on a friendly deal I am not opposed and neither should you. Now....James and the RT spot needs to be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Sam 100 percent for personal use....nothing to see there. Only question I have is was it bricked or was it in the classic black garbage bags?

An unreachable person makes the same mistakes over and over. We saw a pretty dramatic change in the back half and a greater leap in the back 3rd of the season. IF he can play above average and we can lock him up on a friendly deal I am not opposed and neither should you. Now....James and the RT spot needs to be addressed.
    True but is Elway doing everything he possibly can at the moment to make some kind of move or is he stubbornly going to be dependent on Wilkenson now?!

Does anybody know anything about Broncos rookie free agent hunter watts? Can he play?

He was just a camp body up until yesterday but unfortunately we may have to rely on him for depth. Could he possibly provide any type of depth at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Does anybody know anything about Broncos rookie free agent hunter watts? Can he play?

He was just a camp body up until yesterday but unfortunately we may have to rely on him for depth. Could he possibly provide any type of depth at this point?
    I'm hoping the salutation is going to play Risner at RT and let someone else compete at guard.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I'm hoping the salutation is going to play Risner at RT and let someone else compete at guard.
    It would seem like the most logical move given Risners history on the right side but I think the staff wants to keep the center of the line solidified.

Unless Muti is healthy enough to start but as someone else already stated, it Could be a record year for holding penalties between he and Bolles! Instead of Broncomania, it’d be wrestlemania.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-04-2020 at 08:30 PM.

Apparently we don't have anyone on the roster that's better at LT than he is though. Haven't for years, and it doesn't look like we will this year either. Out of all of the guys I thought we could draft that might be able to bump him off the last one was drafted ahead of us by the Jets. So we grab a FA RT if we can (giggle). Or we move the guys around that we do have. But I'm not seeing a move that can be made at LT other than playing Bolles. We do have a one year relief from James' contract. And some cap space from cutting Heuerman. Is there a good LT that can be acquired? Could Bolles play RT?

There was a run on Offensive Tackles in the first round. Four were taken before Denver picked at #15.

At what point in the draft would Denver have taken a "developmental OT" more capable of playing RT, in the absence of James, than anyone the Broncos have or could sign? I'm inclined to think it would have been well before Agim was selected at #95. Between #46 and #95 one Tackle was picked, Ezra Cleveland at #58. Denver took K.J. Hamler at #46.
    Very good post, Sam, but you are one more person who forgot about Josh Jones, picked at #72 by Arizona and perhaps one of the steals of the draft. I get the Hamler pick, but I really wanted Jones there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    True but is Elway doing everything he possibly can at the moment to make some kind of move or is he stubbornly going to be dependent on Wilkenson now?!
    Well I'd argue that he had an entire off-season to "do something". So in some respects he's already show us his approach. The RT spot hasn't had a good player since Franklin and in the SB we went against the worst match up for him in 2013. No one else has really been able to set that right edge since.

Now the question is do we believe that with a RT that we can be special and pick outside the top 13 to 15. If that is the case looking to trade for a stellar RT may infact be the way to go. A good one will cost a 1st at least.