With more space because of cuts and opt outs, Logan Ryan Please

Huereman gave us 4.7, Peko and James give us ???, which means we have some money. CB is arguably our most unknown position group. Why not sign Logan Ryan and let Callahan play the slot, which is where he thrived in 2018? Make it a one year, fully guaranteed 11.2 million. Can't see him saying no to that.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    Huereman gave us 4.7, Peko and James give us ???, which means we have some money. CB is arguably our most unknown position group. Why not sign Logan Ryan and let Callahan play the slot, which is where he thrived in 2018? Make it a one year, fully guaranteed 11.2 million. Can't see him saying no to that.
    Because John wants his chosen Yiadom, Bausby, and Ojemudia to receive as much playing time as possible!

Iíd definitely support the Logan Ryan signing though. Not worried about how much money is dedicated where!

Most of the free money will be rolled over into 2021's cap space.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

Well Logan Ryan also played his best ball in the slot so that might force Callahan to the outside or even Ryan and neither can probably hold up there. Vic also isnít as aggressive blitzing his CBs which is where Ryan provided a lot of value to the Titans although heís probably better in run support than Callahan due to his size alone, but if thatís the case I would argue Dawson established himself as a physical run support CB in his playing time last season and heís getting pennies on the dollar compared to Callahan/Ryan.

The group of CBs are young and unproven, the only way they can prove themselves is through playing. I like their skill sets and I think itíd be a boon to get them on the field sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Most of the free money will be rolled over into 2021's cap space.
    And with the cap potentially dropping, Iíd say this is probably the smart thing to do especially with some big contracts coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    And with the cap potentially dropping, Iíd say this is probably the smart thing to do especially with some big contracts coming up.
    This is what a team with a smart front office would do. Only reason youíd use the money is if a Tackle somehow becomes available in FA or trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    This is what a team with a smart front office would do. Only reason you’d use the money is if a Tackle somehow becomes available in FA or trade.
    AND if that OT is in fact better than what they think J.James can be. At the end of the day if we cut James we are out a bunch of cash. So all of that needs to be factored into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    AND if that OT is in fact better than what they think J.James can be. At the end of the day if we cut James we are out a bunch of cash. So all of that needs to be factored into it.
    It would be really tough to cut James with the amount of money still owed him with this opt out rollover. Iirc it would be $19m if cut next year, $6m if the year after. Sucks any way you look at it.

Having the majority of Jamesí salary available for this year could create some opportunities if one year contracts though.

Just me but I still would like to see another vet CB and OT added. Maybe a vet pass rusher too. Still like the idea of Mathews. A couple million at each position could add some valuable depth to this young team.

It sounds like Logan Ryan wants to play safety now anyways. No room for that. Rollover the cap space and re-sign SImmons.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    It would be really tough to cut James with the amount of money still owed him with this opt out rollover. Iirc it would be $19m if cut next year, $6m if the year after. Sucks any way you look at it.

Having the majority of Jamesí salary available for this year could create some opportunities if one year contracts though.

Just me but I still would like to see another vet CB and OT added. Maybe a vet pass rusher too. Still like the idea of Mathews. A couple million at each position could add some valuable depth to this young team.
    for me I'd like us to bring in a younger cut maybe from another teams roster cuts whom we like and think we can possibly develop. For me 8 think I'd prefer that over a 1 year rental.

I do like the idea of Matthew's but we really would need to ensure that it is not at the expense of guys we have or are showing promising development.