View Poll Results: To what degree will the season execute?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • We'll get a full season with playoffs ~believe it or not

11 39.29%
  • We'll have a regular season but playoffs wont happen

0 0%
  • We'll have a shortened regular season and playoffs

11 39.29%
  • Maybe a couple games but they'll have to cancel it

6 21.43%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Do you think the season will happen?

Do you think the season will happen? To what degree?
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Tough poll dizz! For me anyway. The NFL is not like MLB for example, where you can easily make up games. So if there are any issues, and given this not a "hub city" sport, I can see some regular season issues. But I think they will work their tails off to incorporate playoffs in spite of any shortcomings (other than major ones).

Yes, there will be a season. Imo, it will be played by a lot of backups a lot of the time. Health is going to play the biggest role it ever has this year. There will be stars who sit out for a couple weeks because they'll test positive here and there. There is just too much money on the line for teams to not play

At this point I no longer think it wonít be at least started. Itís going to start period but I agree with whichever athlete said the team that wins the league will be the one that wins the battle of attrition.

As others have said in the other thread even if a lot of stars opt out and the quality suffers a little there are plenty of backups needing money that will take the risk.

Itíll be interesting to see which team has the players most motivated to stay out of trouble for 16 games and get to the playoffs healthy.

But I canít imagine having the best season and getting derailed in January by a sudden flare up in the team. That would really suck.

I picked full season with playoffs because it is closest to what I think will happen.

Other sports leagues have shown it can be done. The NFL let the players union know that high risk Covid-19 behavior has been added to list of acts that can result in fines and/or suspension.

There will be incidents and the NFL + players will handle it.
    A good plan put into motion today is better than the ideal plan that is always coming sometime in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Yes, there will be a season. Imo, it will be played by a lot of backups a lot of the time. Health is going to play the biggest role it ever has this year. There will be stars who sit out for a couple weeks because they'll test positive here and there. There is just too much money on the line for teams to not play
    I think this is key.

Not sure with what rules the league has given yet for players who test positive. It will be interesting.

I assume players will be sidelined until they test negative...maybe even two negative tests like I have seen some states suggest to people who test positive. While players/coaches are out I am sure there will be no shortage of replacements. The teams that do the best at dealing with replacements will probably have a easier path to winning.

We may even see a team(s) not be able to play 16 games if things get real bad for a team(s).
    A good plan put into motion today is better than the ideal plan that is always coming sometime in the future.

I think we'll see canceled games as teams will get hard because of the close contact nature of the sport. Win percentage will probably go towards determining playoff seeding. And if the stars align, maybe we get a vaccine before the playoffs.

If we have some kind of need for change in scheduling, it might be a good idea to limit all games to inner division only. That might be a good 1st step .......if a drastic step is needed.

But I sincerely have my doubts this is going to go the distance. You can't social distance playing NFL games. At least you can be outside though! And that is one of the few advantages I think NFL has over say NBA

If 3 teams have major outbreaks, it'll be an asterisk season and we might look back and wonder why they took the risk. But I don't know what's going to happen. Maybe we start getting past this thing. I don't think we can just brute force through it though. And I'm seeing that mindset more and more as people are getting sick of the situation
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

wow only 16 people voted. Are these boards losing popularity
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Maybe different or a few more choices. Not sure what though. Too many what if this, what if that as the season progresses into the fall with the flu factor and close proximity / co-mingling of team players and personnel. Many unknown ????????????????, IMO.
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    I think a lot of people are viewing on their phones?? You can't view or vote on polls off phone use

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I think a lot of people are viewing on their phones?? You can't view or vote on polls off phone use
    This should be fixed in the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post

Awesome!! Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post

Not to stray off topic but will the update encompass mobile CPs?

As far as the season, itíll happen in some capacity. I think itíll be closer to the MLB than the NBA however

Not a big sample size (yet) but the results are not surprising. So far 80% of us see the playoffs happening. Just a question of how long a regular season. Then again, 20% might be right.