Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    It is to identify the best five, shuffle them to their best spots and start them. Next will be to identify the Swing Tackle and inside depth guy to suit on game day. After that, number the rest and keep as many on the roster as the master plan will allow, and put as many on the PS as possible.
    I want to believe this but then I still see Garret Bolles out there playing LT!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I want to believe this but then I still see Garret Bolles out there playing LT!
    Do you think Eli Wilkinson played better than Garrett Bolles last year?

Do you think Eli Wilkinson played better than Garrett Bolles last year?
    Not even but itís not about that, we may have had a better tackle on the roster but we still most likely see Bolles starting at LT.

A good example is Michael Schofield, Itís hard to forget Michael Schofield starting at RT over Ryan Harris and Tyler Polumbus. It is hard to forget that Orlando Franklin was allowed to leave via free agency because we had Michael Schofield on the roster.

I want to believe your theory, I do but I donít feel it is accurate with this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Not even but it’s not about that, we may have had a better tackle on the roster but we still most likely see Bolles starting at LT.

A good example is Michael Schofield, It’s hard to forget Michael Schofield starting at RT over Ryan Harris and Tyler Polumbus. It is hard to forget that Orlando Franklin was allowed to leave via free agency because we had Michael Schofield on the roster.

I want to believe your theory, I do but I don’t feel it is accurate with this team.
    You need to clarify your statements. "We may have had a better tackle on the roster ... "? Who was a better Tackle on the roster last year who should have started instead of Garrett Bolles? You say Wilkinson did not play as well as Bolles, but it isn't about that? What does that mean? If you think there was a better Tackle, name him.

This year we can't see preseason games, so we'll have to trust Munchak, who knows what he's doing.

Michael Schofield didn't start at RT over Ryan Harris. Harris moved to LT when Ty Sambrailo was hurt and Schofield filled in for him at RT. Orlando Franklin was moved to LG in 2014 when Clady came back and Chris Clark was tried at RT. The other RTs that year were Paul Cornick and Louis Vasquez. Michael Schofield didn't start any games in 2014. So, I don't see what kind of example Schofield is supposed to represent. He didn't take all the snaps at RT in 2015. You will need to clarify.

To what "theory" of mine are you referring? Do you mean start the best five O-Linemen? That's not a theory. That's standard practice for O-Line coaches at all levels.

Munchak's five last year were Bolles - Risner - McGovern - Leary - James. Number six must have been Eli Wilkinson, because when James went down, Wilkinson came in. He finished three games James started and started twelve himself. He missed the last game due to injury, so he played pretty much fifteen games. Like I said before, if you think anyone else on the roster should have been on the field instead of anybody Munchak started, name them.

Many commentators think Eli Wilkinson will start at RT this year. He had seven starts at RG in 2018 and looked OK. From my point-of-view he struggled in pass protection last year. However, they say Munchak likes him and football players can get better, worse or stay the same; that goes for Bolles, too. Demar Dotson has 106 NFL starts almost all of which are at RT. If he can't beat out Wilkinson in a month, he shouldn't have been signed IMO. If Munchak thinks Dotson is a better pass protector than Wilkinson, I'm inclined to think Demar will start. If his run blocking isn't as good as Wilkinson, there are ways to block each run play to help him out.

Denver has fourteen O-Linemen right now. The best two guys are the starting Guards, "Route 66" and GG. I'm inclined to think Lloyd Cushenberry will practice/play his way into the the starting five. Behind them are Muti, Schlottmann, Morris and Jones. Tackle candidates are Bolles, Wilkinson, Dotson, Rodgers, Anderson, Bailey and Watts.

Who do you think the best five of those are? At this point, I'm inclined to think Munchak will start Bolles - "Route 66" - Cushenberry - GG - Dotson. It may turn out differently, but I'm completely down with whatever Munchak decides. Are you?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

After the first actual training camp practice ... Wilkinson and Rodgers split time at RT; Schlottman started at C.
    At this point Dotson of course is not ready to practice but a tweet from Ryan O'Halloran called him "a mountain of a man".
    I am kind of surprised that Schlottman is starting at C but very early in camp so it may not mean a whole lot.
    Fangio did state that Schlottman and Rodgers are in the hunt for starting jobs ... and roster spots

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    After the first actual training camp practice ... Wilkinson and Rodgers split time at RT; Schlottman started at C.
    At this point Dotson of course is not ready to practice but a tweet from Ryan O'Halloran called him "a mountain of a man".
    I am kind of surprised that Schlottman is starting at C but very early in camp so it may not mean a whole lot.
    Fangio did state that Schlottman and Rodgers are in the hunt for starting jobs ... and roster spots
    Do they say whats up with Cushenberry at C?
    In the last 45 years the Broncos have drafted in the top 10 five times. They have drafted in the top 15 twelve times. Some may want them to draft a top 5 pick but the Broncos are not as bad they want them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    He played C for Driskel/2nd team and there was one fumbled snap but not sure who's fault. I was actually expecting Morris to be competing with Cushenberry but I didn't see anything about Morris. I imagine that its just the rookie still needs to earn the spot?

He played C for Driskel/2nd team and there was one fumbled snap but not sure who's fault. I was actually expecting Morris to be competing with Cushenberry but I didn't see anything about Morris. I imagine that its just the rookie still needs to earn the spot?
    Sounds good...rookie just learning is good
    In the last 45 years the Broncos have drafted in the top 10 five times. They have drafted in the top 15 twelve times. Some may want them to draft a top 5 pick but the Broncos are not as bad they want them to be.

It's the shuffle that takes place when there are fourteen guys waiting in line to rotate in five spots. The pads go on next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    He practiced today at C.

Rookie Lloyd Cushenberry III may be the team's starting center for Week 1, but on Friday he took snaps exclusively with the second-team offense. Austin Schlottmann, a second-year player, took all of the first-team snaps with Lock.

Rookie Lloyd Cushenberry III may be the team's starting center for Week 1, but on Friday he took snaps exclusively with the second-team offense. Austin Schlottmann, a second-year player, took all of the first-team snaps with Lock.
    IIRC Austin played C at TCU after having played T. When he became a Bronco, he was reunited with HS teammate Courtland Sutton. He can play all interior spots having four starts at RG last year.

You need to clarify your statements. "We may have had a better tackle on the roster ... "? Who was a better Tackle on the roster last year who should have started instead of Garrett Bolles? You say Wilkinson did not play as well as Bolles, but it isn't about that? What does that mean? If you think there was a better Tackle, name him.

This year we can't see preseason games, so we'll have to trust Munchak, who knows what he's doing.

Michael Schofield didn't start at RT over Ryan Harris. Harris moved to LT when Ty Sambrailo was hurt and Schofield filled in for him at RT. Orlando Franklin was moved to LG in 2014 when Clady came back and Chris Clark was tried at RT. The other RTs that year were Paul Cornick and Louis Vasquez. Michael Schofield didn't start any games in 2014. So, I don't see what kind of example Schofield is supposed to represent. He didn't take all the snaps at RT in 2015. You will need to clarify.

To what "theory" of mine are you referring? Do you mean start the best five O-Linemen? That's not a theory. That's standard practice for O-Line coaches at all levels.

Munchak's five last year were Bolles - Risner - McGovern - Leary - James. Number six must have been Eli Wilkinson, because when James went down, Wilkinson came in. He finished three games James started and started twelve himself. He missed the last game due to injury, so he played pretty much fifteen games. Like I said before, if you think anyone else on the roster should have been on the field instead of anybody Munchak started, name them.

Many commentators think Eli Wilkinson will start at RT this year. He had seven starts at RG in 2018 and looked OK. From my point-of-view he struggled in pass protection last year. However, they say Munchak likes him and football players can get better, worse or stay the same; that goes for Bolles, too. Demar Dotson has 106 NFL starts almost all of which are at RT. If he can't beat out Wilkinson in a month, he shouldn't have been signed IMO. If Munchak thinks Dotson is a better pass protector than Wilkinson, I'm inclined to think Demar will start. If his run blocking isn't as good as Wilkinson, there are ways to block each run play to help him out.

Denver has fourteen O-Linemen right now. The best two guys are the starting Guards, "Route 66" and GG. I'm inclined to think Lloyd Cushenberry will practice/play his way into the the starting five. Behind them are Muti, Schlottmann, Morris and Jones. Tackle candidates are Bolles, Wilkinson, Dotson, Rodgers, Anderson, Bailey and Watts.

Who do you think the best five of those are? At this point, I'm inclined to think Munchak will start Bolles - "Route 66" - Cushenberry - GG - Dotson. It may turn out differently, but I'm completely down with whatever Munchak decides. Are you?
    We may finally solve the O-line and QB issues this year.

Seems like forever since we had a line and a quick read QB...
    [

This is the hard part, lol. I gripe about Bolles as much as the next guy. I would have liked to see the Broncos be able to grab one of the 4 or 5 OT's in the draft this year that I thought could do better but it didn't happen. Can't really demand that he be replaced when we don't have a replacement for him.

That's what I am thinking the lineup will be and the answer to your question is yes.