Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    If I remember correctly, Ron Leary was doing a good job against Aaron Donald the year before last when he suffered a freak injury. Perhaps big Ron never fully recovered but nonetheless I think Dotson will perform better than Leary last season as well.

He’s what we’ve got and we’ve gotta roll with him unless they really want to move Risner!

With the left over cap space by James, and if it’d fall under league rules, I’d pay James his owed money anyways just to get him off the books next season in time to pay Justin Simmons. However I know that wouldn’t fall under the rules but it’d be great if we could do it!
    Demar Dotson is an upgrade over Eli Wilkinson. Playing next to Graham Glasgow is an upgrade over Leary/Schlottmann. Drew Lock at QB is an upgrade over Flacco/Allen. Pat Shurmur calling plays is an upgrade over Rich Scangarello. These are offensive improvements besides the skill position acquisitions.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Demar Dotson is an upgrade over Eli Wilkinson. Playing next to Graham Glasgow is an upgrade over Leary/Schlottmann. Drew Lock at QB is an upgrade over Flacco/Allen. Pat Shurmur calling plays is an upgrade over Rich Scangarello. These are offensive improvements besides the skill position acquisitions.
    Absolutely, great post.

I am still not seeing contract details on this signing. But his last year for the Bucs he made about $4.8 MIL including a prorated bonus. So they might have been able to cover it with the money saved on Heuerman. Which would mean they could rollover James' money into next year and get James at, essentially, no cap hit for the year. Or cut him and take the hit with no worries.

Last I herd the details were still being worked out...which means the report he was signed was probably a bit early.
    In the last 45 years the Broncos have drafted in the top 10 five times. They have drafted in the top 15 twelve times. Some may want them to draft a top 5 pick but the Broncos are not as bad they want them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Last I heard the details were still being worked out...which means the report he was signed was probably a bit early.
    Yes. The contract may still be in negotiation, plus he must pass a multi-part Covid screening. We'll know one way or the other in the next few days.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

According to Mike Klis Dotson has been signed by the Broncos to a 1 year contract for up to 3M with incentives.

Seems reasonable. Not even Heuerman money. Lol.

I still would love to see another vet OT added. I was advocating for one before the James opt out. They have more money to do so now.

All they did with Dotson was fill an unexpected hole in the roster, same issue of depth still exists. IMO.

While unspectacular, I feel Dotson is a better RT than Wilkinson. This allows Wilkinson to resume utility back-up duties for both Tackle spots and potentially even guard.

Good move.

I was actually wondering if this meant Bolles and Elijah are competing for LT again?

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    I was actually wondering if this meant Bolles and Elijah are competing for LT again?
    I was going to ask the same question but then I realized that it would take some time for Dotson to pick up the new playbook and Coach Munchaks style so probably not.

He is making significantly more than Wilkenson but I dont see him starting the season unless hes beyond spectacular in camp.

Dotson is reported to be a better pass than run blocker. Wilkinson seems to be the opposite. Just put Dotson in when wanting to pass and Wilkinson when going to run. Just kidding.

There are ways to help each. Whether it's Dotson or Wilkinson, things can be done to address a perceived blocking concern on a given play.

I'm guessing Dotson will start at RT. Who suits up on game day as the Swing Tackle will depend on what happens in practice between now and the first game,

Dotson is reported to be a better pass than run blocker. Wilkinson seems to be the opposite. Just put Dotson in when wanting to pass and Wilkinson when going to run. Just kidding.

There are ways to help each. Whether it's Dotson or Wilkinson, things can be done to address a perceived blocking concern on a given play.

I'm guessing Dotson will start at RT. Who suits up on game day as the Swing Tackle will depend on what happens in practice between now and the first game,
    Lets do that for 2 games. Maybe even talk about it in the presser after game 2....then game 3 change it up and take advantage of defense trying to cheat.
    In the last 45 years the Broncos have drafted in the top 10 five times. They have drafted in the top 15 twelve times. Some may want them to draft a top 5 pick but the Broncos are not as bad they want them to be.

Honestly, I'd rather have the guy who is the better pass pro than run blocker at RT. Maybe I just want to see some change at the OT position and I'm frustrated at our high dollar FA disappearing act and lack of any meaningful depth, I don't know. But I like how the middle of the line is looking and I think they can punish D's with the quick hitting run game there. Give Dotson some TE help and/or have the LG pull.

I wonder if this means the Broncos don't have a lot of confidence in Wilkinson/depth at RT or that they want him to really push Bolles at LOT? I know it's a little of both but I wonder what their main intention is...

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    I wonder if this means the Broncos don't have a lot of confidence in Wilkinson/depth at RT or that they want him to really push Bolles at LOT? I know it's a little of both but I wonder what their main intention is...
    It is to identify the best five, shuffle them to their best spots and start them. Next will be to identify the Swing Tackle and inside depth guy to suit on game day. After that, number the rest and keep as many on the roster as the master plan will allow, and put as many on the PS as possible.