• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wrxDenver_Loyal
    Practice Squad
    • Feb 2015

RT Demar Dotson signed

Forner long-time starter at right tackle Demar Dotson has agreed to terms with the Denvoer Broncos on a one-year deal.

Could this actually be a upgrade? Seems like a great guy and can really be a leader to a young line.
  • wrxDenver_Loyal
    Practice Squad
    • Feb 2015

Demar Dotson's time with the Buccaneers appears over and Mark Cook takes a look at his career in his weekly The Hook column.

Pretty good read.

Comment

• Peerless
      Football Immortal
      • May 2004

Good depth / possible swing starter.

Comment

• EddieMac
        Canuck Mod, eh!
        • Feb 2004

Bucks fans say he’s been running on fumes the last couple of years.... hope that’s not the case... or if it is he is only a plan B as a decent vet backup..
        sigpic

Comment

• samparnell
          Soy Capitan Meshpoint
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by wrxDenver_Loyal View Post
          https://www.pewterreport.com/dotson-...-with-broncos/

Could this actually be a upgrade? Seems like a great guy and can really be a leader to a young line.
          If he starts, Demar Dotson will probably do better than Elijah Wilkinson. Whoever plays RT will be aided by Graham Glasgow to his left and Fant/Vannett to his right plus Lock under Center and Pat Shurmur calling the plays.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Sam_Z
            Banned User
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
            Bucks fans say he’s been running on fumes the last couple of years.... hope that’s not the case... or if it is he is only a plan B as a decent vet backup..
            Running on fumes is better than Juwann James last season. Running on fumes states that he’s at least playing which is more than I can say for James.
            Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-09-2020, 03:39 PM.

Comment

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
              Football Immortal
              • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
              Running on fumes is better than Juwann James last season. Running fumes states that he’s at least playing which is more than I can say for James.

Totally Agree 100%

Comment

• Hadez
                Football Immortal
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                If he starts, Demar Dotson will probably do better than Elijah Wilkinson. Whoever plays RT will be aided by Graham Glasgow to his left and Fant/Vannett to his right plus Lock under Center and Pat Shurmur calling the plays.

Well if he can play more than a 100 snaps (he has started 16 games twice and 15 games three times) and he plays better than Wilkinson than our RT will be upgraded over 2019.
                What is Grit? - Angela Duckworth
                effort x talent = skill
                effort x skill = achievement
                How much time do you invest into your dream? 10 hours a week? 20 hours? 40 hours? 80 hours? 120 hours?

Comment

• EddieMac
                  Canuck Mod, eh!
                  • Feb 2004

Running on fumes is better than Juwann James last season. Running fumes states that he’s at least playing which is more than I can say for James.
                  So true... at least he is still running,,,
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hadez
                    Football Immortal
                    • Nov 2004

One reason I think positively about a moment like this is because this is when the scouts and position coach get a moment to try to pull a rabbit out of the hat. This was not plan A because if it was we would have already done it. Shoot this may have not even been Plan B or C....there are 31 other teams making moves.

We have Munchak and I have faith in him. This guy has been a HC and could have been a HC again. He is known as an elite OL coach. We are lucky that his family priories have him in Denver as a OL Coach. This does not mean that everything we do on the OL will be like the Midas Touch but I have liked our choices better overall in the last year than what we were doing in the years before.
                    effort x talent = skill
                    How much time do you invest into your dream? 10 hours a week? 20 hours? 40 hours? 80 hours? 120 hours?

Comment

• Rich_C
                      Captain
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                      One reason I think positively about a moment like this is because this is when the scouts and position coach get a moment to try to pull a rabbit out of the hat. This was not plan A because if it was we would have already done it. Shoot this may have not even been Plan B or C....there are 31 other teams making moves.

We have Munchak and I have faith in him. This guy has been a HC and could have been a HC again. He is known as an elite OL coach. We are lucky that his family priories have him in Denver as a OL Coach. This does not mean that everything we do on the OL will be like the Midas Touch but I have liked our choices better overall in the last year than what we were doing in the years before.
                      While generally I do agree we really have not seen much on our OL with the OT positions. We have seen Bolles get better but the RT spot has still been a real thorn.

Comment

• samparnell
                        Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                        • Nov 2007

Running on fumes is better than Juwann James last season. Running on fumes states that he’s at least playing which is more than I can say for James.
                        The same could have been said of Ron Leary last year.
                        Last edited by samparnell; 08-09-2020, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• Hadez
                          Football Immortal
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                          While generally I do agree we really have not seen much on our OL with the OT positions. We have seen Bolles get better but the RT spot has still been a real thorn.

I know this off season has been crazy but really hoping to see Munchak have a major impact on the OL in 2020. We probably still 1 off season away from the OL being a strength of the team though.
                          effort x talent = skill

Comment

• Sam_Z
                            Banned User
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                            The same could have been said of Ron Leary last year.
                            If I remember correctly, Ron Leary was doing a good job against Aaron Donald the year before last when he suffered a freak injury. Perhaps big Ron never fully recovered but nonetheless I think Dotson will perform better than Leary last season as well.

He’s what we’ve got and we’ve gotta roll with him unless they really want to move Risner!

With the left over cap space by James, and if it’d fall under league rules, I’d pay James his owed money anyways just to get him off the books next season in time to pay Justin Simmons. However I know that wouldn’t fall under the rules but it’d be great if we could do it!

Comment

• samparnell
                              Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                              Well if he can play more than a 100 snaps (he has started 16 games twice and 15 games three times) and he plays better than Wilkinson than our RT will be upgraded over 2019.
                              I think so, too. It gives Munchak the opportunity to consider who the best Swing Tackle could be. Not having preseason games handicaps that evaluation process. At least Denver's starting defensive front can give a good look in full practices.

Comment

Working...
                              X