Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

RT Demar Dotson signed

https://www.pewterreport.com/dotson-...-with-broncos/

Could this actually be a upgrade? Seems like a great guy and can really be a leader to a young line.

Good depth / possible swing starter.

Bucks fans say he’s been running on fumes the last couple of years.... hope that’s not the case... or if it is he is only a plan B as a decent vet backup..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by wrxDenver_Loyal View Post
    https://www.pewterreport.com/dotson-...-with-broncos/

Could this actually be a upgrade? Seems like a great guy and can really be a leader to a young line.
    If he starts, Demar Dotson will probably do better than Elijah Wilkinson. Whoever plays RT will be aided by Graham Glasgow to his left and Fant/Vannett to his right plus Lock under Center and Pat Shurmur calling the plays.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Bucks fans say hes been running on fumes the last couple of years.... hope thats not the case... or if it is he is only a plan B as a decent vet backup..
    Running on fumes is better than Juwann James last season. Running on fumes states that hes at least playing which is more than I can say for James.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-09-2020 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Running on fumes is better than Juwann James last season. Running fumes states that hes at least playing which is more than I can say for James.

Totally Agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    If he starts, Demar Dotson will probably do better than Elijah Wilkinson. Whoever plays RT will be aided by Graham Glasgow to his left and Fant/Vannett to his right plus Lock under Center and Pat Shurmur calling the plays.

Well if he can play more than a 100 snaps (he has started 16 games twice and 15 games three times) and he plays better than Wilkinson than our RT will be upgraded over 2019.
    In the last 45 years the Broncos have drafted in the top 10 five times. They have drafted in the top 15 twelve times. Some may want them to draft a top 5 pick but the Broncos are not as bad they want them to be.

Running on fumes is better than Juwann James last season. Running fumes states that he’s at least playing which is more than I can say for James.
    So true... at least he is still running,,,
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

One reason I think positively about a moment like this is because this is when the scouts and position coach get a moment to try to pull a rabbit out of the hat. This was not plan A because if it was we would have already done it. Shoot this may have not even been Plan B or C....there are 31 other teams making moves.

We have Munchak and I have faith in him. This guy has been a HC and could have been a HC again. He is known as an elite OL coach. We are lucky that his family priories have him in Denver as a OL Coach. This does not mean that everything we do on the OL will be like the Midas Touch but I have liked our choices better overall in the last year than what we were doing in the years before.
    In the last 45 years the Broncos have drafted in the top 10 five times. They have drafted in the top 15 twelve times. Some may want them to draft a top 5 pick but the Broncos are not as bad they want them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    One reason I think positively about a moment like this is because this is when the scouts and position coach get a moment to try to pull a rabbit out of the hat. This was not plan A because if it was we would have already done it. Shoot this may have not even been Plan B or C....there are 31 other teams making moves.

We have Munchak and I have faith in him. This guy has been a HC and could have been a HC again. He is known as an elite OL coach. We are lucky that his family priories have him in Denver as a OL Coach. This does not mean that everything we do on the OL will be like the Midas Touch but I have liked our choices better overall in the last year than what we were doing in the years before.
    While generally I do agree we really have not seen much on our OL with the OT positions. We have seen Bolles get better but the RT spot has still been a real thorn.

Running on fumes is better than Juwann James last season. Running on fumes states that hes at least playing which is more than I can say for James.
    The same could have been said of Ron Leary last year.
    Last edited by samparnell; 08-09-2020 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    While generally I do agree we really have not seen much on our OL with the OT positions. We have seen Bolles get better but the RT spot has still been a real thorn.

I know this off season has been crazy but really hoping to see Munchak have a major impact on the OL in 2020. We probably still 1 off season away from the OL being a strength of the team though.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    The same could have been said of Ron Leary last year.
    If I remember correctly, Ron Leary was doing a good job against Aaron Donald the year before last when he suffered a freak injury. Perhaps big Ron never fully recovered but nonetheless I think Dotson will perform better than Leary last season as well.

Hes what weve got and weve gotta roll with him unless they really want to move Risner!

With the left over cap space by James, and if itd fall under league rules, Id pay James his owed money anyways just to get him off the books next season in time to pay Justin Simmons. However I know that wouldnt fall under the rules but itd be great if we could do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Well if he can play more than a 100 snaps (he has started 16 games twice and 15 games three times) and he plays better than Wilkinson than our RT will be upgraded over 2019.
    I think so, too. It gives Munchak the opportunity to consider who the best Swing Tackle could be. Not having preseason games handicaps that evaluation process. At least Denver's starting defensive front can give a good look in full practices.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus