Todd Davis Released

Can't cover tight ends with or without him, so I'd say it's a wash.

Six Inside Backers are left, seven if you count Justin Hollins. Denver will probably keep four. One may reasonably assume that Alexander Johnson, Josey Jewell, Mark Barron and Austin Calitro (since they just traded for him) are the four, and that Joe Jones and Josh Watson will be released. If they are and clear waivers, one or both may end up on the PS. Sounds like Tuszka and Carney may be released as well. Hollins may make the roster as an Inside/Outside guy. We may see Tuszka on the PS as well.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I don't think we lost anything by cutting him...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Six Inside Backers are left, seven if you count Justin Hollins. Denver will probably keep four. One may reasonably assume that Alexander Johnson, Josey Jewell, Mark Barron and Austin Calitro (since they just traded for him) are the four, and that Joe Jones and Josh Watson will be released. If they are and clear waivers, one or both may end up on the PS. Sounds like Tuszka and Carney may be released as well. Hollins may make the roster as an Inside/Outside guy. We may see Tuszka on the PS as well.
    I think this becomes semantics here but Justin Hollins played pretty well for us and showed some real versatility. He may be that swing guy for us. Maybe he "counts" as an OLB but he is a 2fer. He can play inside and outside. It allows us to have depth at two spots. If I am being honest I'd likely take him over Jewell.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I agree.

So who is he starting ILB in his place?

Im not seeing any listed that make me feel too confident.

Hopefully another trade ? Any FA prospects still available or about to be released ?

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    So who is he starting ILB in his place?

Im not seeing any listed that make me feel too confident.

Hopefully another trade ? Any FA prospects still available or about to be released ?
    Honestly Jewell fills that role decently, IMO. Great against the run, high motor, liability on passing plays. I'd be fine with JJ on 1st down, then bring in one of the better coverage LB's in on passing downs.

I'm sure this makes a significant number of fans happy.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeGees View Post
    Yes it does. Remember when we had Danny T and B.Marshall? On top of the stellar secondary? We never really had those major hold your breath moments when a TE or RB ran across the middle. A.Johnson was an amazing pickup for us and he has really worked hard and shown he is a starter in this league. Now we just need to find another guy who can be his Robin (so to speak). We need to make it where those middle of the field throws are no longer easy decisions for QBs to make. force them to hold on and let a play develop. Davis - IMO is a great fringe starter. The guy you want on your team in case your starting ILB goes down.

We lost 4.5 million against our cap
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeGees View Post
    He had a high motor and was good against the run. I loved his energy. But he was a BIG liability on passing plays and over paid. So, I'm happy , rather have the 4.5 million to use elsewhere. We can pay less for the same liability and use the money for another player who hopefully won't be a liability for opposing qbs to take advantage of.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    He had a high motor and was good against the run. I loved his energy. But he was a BIG liability on passing plays and over paid. So, I'm happy , rather have the 4.5 million to use elsewhere. We can pay less for the same liability and use the money for another player who hopefully won't be a liability for opposing qbs to take advantage of.
    I agree with this. Also the cap will go down for the first time in...maybe ever? So gaining the 4.5 mil even if is it just for the carryover then it is worth it.

After two weeks of watching horrible play by 47 I am ready to call this move a mistake.

Davis had holes in his game but 47 is a much bigger liability for the defense.
    In the last 45 years the Broncos have drafted in the top 10 five times. They have drafted in the top 15 twelve times. Some may want them to draft a top 5 pick but the Broncos are not as bad they want them to be.