The rest of the NFL games discussion thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beastlyskronk
    Football Immortal
    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    People don’t take into account that Kingsbury explained why VJ was retained. The defense got better in the second half of the season.

People also forget that evidence was posted on these boards that the Dolphins’ defense was good in certain situations which helped them make the playoffs in his one year as their DC.

I don’t know if the Cardinals will be good on defense or not, but I get tired of seeing people act like VJ is completely incompetent despite the evidence to the contrary.

We will see what he can do with a talent like Isaiah Simmons on his defense.

I hope he does well. He might be a coordinator that doesn’t need to be a head coach, like Norv Turner and Wade Phillips.
    They got better for 2 reasons, they couldn’t get much worse and they got Patrick Peterson back for the 2nd half of the season. Eventually talent can overcome coaching, Elway made a HoF career out of it. Patrick Peterson and Chandler Jones are guys that can overcome bad coaching. We’ll see if Simmons can, and if Baker can take another step to prove he can. Vance couldn’t figure how to cover TEs here and he didn’t figure it out last season with the Cardinals. If he can’t do it with Simmons on the roster then he is incompetent. I don’t think Vance was retained because the defense improved, I believe he was retained to be a scapegoat to buy Kliff more time to see his vision to fruition. I think Vance is probably best at being a position coach.

With the dolphins they had a good 3rd down defense if I’m not mistaken or it might have been Redzone defense. Either way it was very situational and overall they weren’t very good.
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 09-12-2020, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• CanDB
      Football Immortal
      • Mar 2008

I am interested to see how much home field is a factor this season, while the fan levels are zero or very low. Should be some points, being in their own beds and opponents having to travel. Hmmm....might be just a point or two lower than in full crowd mode.

Comment

• samparnell
        Soy Capitan Meshpoint
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        I am interested to see how much home field is a factor this season, while the fan levels are zero or very low. Should be some points, being in their own beds and opponents having to travel. Hmmm....might be just a point or two lower than in full crowd mode.
        To what extent altitude is a factor may be observable in the absence of a full house of fans. Some say it matters and some don't. This situation will give an opportunity to delineate,
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• EddieMac
          Canuck Mod, eh!
          • Feb 2004

Watching the Pats dolphins.

Weird to see this..

Cam doing old school cam,, running running.. so he’ll be hurt soon enough
          sigpic

Comment

• LSIGRAD09
            GO BRONCOS!!!
            • Sep 2009

Poor Browns, am I rite?
            sigpic

Comment

• EddieMac
              Canuck Mod, eh!
              • Feb 2004

And the first scoreless first quarter in 15 years for the Pats...
              sigpic

Comment

• CanDB
                Football Immortal
                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                To what extent altitude is a factor may be observable in the absence of a full house of fans. Some say it matters and some don't. This situation will give an opportunity to delineate,
                I do think altitude is a factor, which would bode well for our Broncs, if fans are a minimal factor. We shall see where the fan situation goes. I also see home as a slight factor over travel, especially those long trips.

Comment

• EddieMac
                  Canuck Mod, eh!
                  • Feb 2004

Cam being cam... slid rather than being sacked or throwing the ball away. And he did it behind the line ... lol
                  sigpic

Comment

• CanDB
                    Football Immortal
                    • Mar 2008

Jamie Collins (Detroit) gets the boot for dropping his helmet into the ref, as he tries to show the refs what the opponent did. Not smart.

Comment

• dizzolve
                      Orange Rush
                      • Mar 2009

Ruggs might be hurt. Doesn't look major
                      The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Peanut
                        ModNut
                        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                        Cam being cam... slid rather than being sacked or throwing the ball away. And he did it behind the line ... lol
                        Daughter is having trouble with this. She doesn't like Cam and she doesn't like Tampa Bay.

Hubby was sitting here singing, Hail to the Football Team...

Strange times.
                        Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• EddieMac
                          Canuck Mod, eh!
                          • Feb 2004

Hahaha. The pats are gonna win... but not like they Usually do... a good team gonna level them..
                          sigpic

Comment

• dizzolve
                            Orange Rush
                            • Mar 2009

Carolina coming alive late to take the 3pt lead against the Vegas Ray duhs
                            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• sra84
                              Football Immortal
                              • Mar 2019

My area is only showing Philadelphia and Washington.

Eagles jumped out early 17-0, but Washington has tied it up.

Eagles are decimated by injuries. They were missing 5 starters going into the game. They are now down to their third string RB and RT, and they have two more defensive players banged up.

Comment

• EddieMac
                                Canuck Mod, eh!
                                • Feb 2004

Cam being cocky winning cam again... can’t wait until a loss or another injury ...then the sulky sad cam is there to laugh at.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X