The rest of the NFL games discussion thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CanDB
    Football Immortal
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    The Pats don't have an offense, Seattle does. If Seattle can get a lead of 10+ points and force New England to have to throw the ball, then the game gets out of hand.
    I am not a BB fan, but what intrigues me this week is that, even though Seattle should win on paper, I never count out BB's ability to find ways to win. Would I take Russ over Cam, Carson over Michel/White, Lockett/Metcalf over Edelman/??, YES!!!! Would I bet on The Pats D, given they lost some talent that opted out....maybe.

But to his credit (and it hurts me to say that), The Pats will be ready, and will take advantage of weaknesses and their strengths.

But I'd bet on Seattle.

Comment

• CanDB
      Football Immortal
      • Mar 2008

As for last night, Mayfield is a ways away from me believing in him. He should progress, and he is loaded with weapons, but still not convinced. But what a run game! Chubb and Hunt are a dynamic duo! And maybe The Bengals suck on run D, but I loved some of the run blocking from The Browns.

Burrow looks good to me, given it's his second NFL start. But he will need some ice baths, throwing 60 plus passes, and playing the way he does.

Comment

• Butler By'Note
        Super Moderator
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        I am not a BB fan, but what intrigues me this week is that, even though Seattle should win on paper, I never count out BB's ability to find ways to win. Would I take Russ over Cam, Carson over Michel/White, Lockett/Metcalf over Edelman/??, YES!!!! Would I bet on The Pats D, given they lost some talent that opted out....maybe.

But to his credit (and it hurts me to say that), The Pats will be ready, and will take advantage of weaknesses and their strengths.

But I'd bet on Seattle.
        Oh I have no doubt they'll be well prepared to play, and they'll be a challenging out. Belichick is the best coach I've seen in my lifetime, and is the difference between that being 4-12 (the talent level) and that team being 9-7(where I think they'll end up).

I just don't believe they have many horses on offense. And as heralded as Cam Newton's game was last week, it's going to be a big problem asking a 31 year old QB with his injury history to run it that much week after week. And I'm not sure that team can score points consistently by throwing the football.

On the flip side, I think Seattle is a very good team this year, and they've also got a good coach. I certainly could see Belichick figuring out a way to keep it close, but I just think Wilson is too good, and Seattle pulls away and wins by a fairly big score.

Comment

• CanDB
          Football Immortal
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          Oh I have no doubt they'll be well prepared to play, and they'll be a challenging out. Belichick is the best coach I've seen in my lifetime, and is the difference between that being 4-12 (the talent level) and that team being 9-7(where I think they'll end up).

I just don't believe they have many horses on offense. And as heralded as Cam Newton's game was last week, it's going to be a big problem asking a 31 year old QB with his injury history to run it that much week after week. And I'm not sure that team can score points consistently by throwing the football.

On the flip side, I think Seattle is a very good team this year, and they've also got a good coach. I certainly could see Belichick figuring out a way to keep it close, but I just think Wilson is too good, and Seattle pulls away and wins by a fairly big score.
          I have another interest.....Wilson and The Pats D, in one fantasy team. Might not max out this week.

Comment

• skeeter01
            Football Immortal
            • Apr 2008

As for last night, Mayfield is a ways away from me believing in him. He should progress, and he is loaded with weapons, but still not convinced. But what a run game! Chubb and Hunt are a dynamic duo! And maybe The Bengals suck on run D, but I loved some of the run blocking from The Browns.

Burrow looks good to me, given it's his second NFL start. But he will need some ice baths, throwing 60 plus passes, and playing the way he does.
            I thought Burrow's decision making process showed last night. He still made mistakes.....but you can tell he has what it takes. I was impressed. As for Chubb....that dude looks unstoppable WOW. Hunt was in the clean up role and did well too, but the defense was done at that point.

Comment

• GMTD
              Football Immortal
              • Dec 2016

Dallas convert a very clever onside kick at 37-39 against the Falcons. Epic Falcons collapse.

Comment

• CanDB
                Football Immortal
                • Mar 2008

Atlanta has this reputation of not being able to hold a big lead!!

Comment

• GMTD
                  Football Immortal
                  • Dec 2016

Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                  Dallas convert a very clever onside kick at 37-39 against the Falcons. Epic Falcons collapse.
                  Dallas win. Extraordinary (20,000 fans go wild).

Comment

• GMTD
                    Football Immortal
                    • Dec 2016

Atlanta has this reputation of not being able to hold a big lead!!
                    They may never ever recover from that Superbowl loss. It was a very similar game.

Comment

• HUMCALC
                      Football Immortal
                      • Jan 2011

They may never ever recover from that Superbowl loss. It was a very similar game.
                      As well as they shouldn't. We're stuck with Brady having an additional ring because of them
                      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• CanDB
                        Football Immortal
                        • Mar 2008

They made the onset kick look easy! I don't think they knew that you can fall on it before 10 yards!

Comment

• CanDB
                          Football Immortal
                          • Mar 2008

Lots of key injuries today so far. Of course Lock, but Barkley (likely out for the season), Bosa (probable torn ligament), McCaffrey, Adams, Akers, Taylor, Mostert, and others.

Comment

• EddieMac
                            Canuck Mod, eh!
                            • Feb 2004

Chargers looking good against KC....rookie QB playing well too.

Let’s see if they can keep it up for 30 more minutes.,
                            sigpic

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                              Super Moderator
                              • Dec 2008

Granted there's still a lot of time left, but the Chefs play so far shows the danger of reading too much into the opening week. Especially when it comes to division games, division teams don't tend to fear teams the way other teams in the league do.

The Cards looking impressive early this season. Vance Joseph will be an HC somewhere in the league next year if that defense is even average. He'll get interviewed and he reportedly interviews very well.

Comment

• dizzolve
                                Orange Rush
                                • Mar 2009

Check out Talib's podcast

With the Bronco gear in the background

This is the opening segment of Call to the Booth for Wednesday 16, 2020. Aqib Talib and Harrison Sanford discuss major news in the NFL including injuries to ...
                                The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Working...
                                X