• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BroncoFanDK
    All-Pro
    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by GMTD View Post
    But how many young QBs have Tebow's confidence and self-belief? From what I have seen from Lock on the field he still looks a little introverted. That isn't a bad thing. Arrogance can kill young QBs. But it does mean that we may have to wait until next season until we see Lock believing that he can carry the team.
    Young QBs always have flaws that defenses pick on, and strengths that made people draft them. The key is always how they impact their team and what they do when they meet teams that make them look bad and take away what they are good at. Do they learn and come back stronger or are we stuck in things that make them strike out every time they meet certain types of opponents.

What made Elway (and ex. Plummer) so special was how the team reacted when you needed to pic things up and win the game. I really hope that Lock will not be one that throws pretty passes and don't close the deal. In NFL history there are not that many that has the Midas touch late in 4thQ and they are often very special QBs.

Comment

• roushmartin6
      Football Immortal
      • May 2007

Game wouldn't have been nearly as sloppy if we had preseason. This is a very young team that needed those games. I think we can rebound from this. Hopefully Bouye is ok, if not need to get Bausby promoted asap. People cried about the Ojemudia pick but he can play, he showed more in one game than Yiadom ever did. We definitely need to get a vet pass rusher in, Chubb coming off an ACL is going to take time to get back to where he was, he probably played more snaps then they had planned last night. If the offense stops trying to be cute on the goal line that would help too. Just pound it with Gordon, Beck had a great block on his td last night
      sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• darryn16
        Captain
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by sra84 View Post
        The only bright side is every loss gets us a higher draft pick with a better shot at a top OT or defensive prospect, and, hopefully, a new head coach who can manage a game and the clock.
        This is only a bright side if they actually target an OT in the draft. Given Elway's draft history, he might pick a long snapper with the first pick.......

Comment

• BiscuitBronco
          Football Immortal
          • Nov 2018

Is 15-1 too bright?

Comment

• champ&dreallday
            Playmaker
            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
            Game wouldn't have been nearly as sloppy if we had preseason. This is a very young team that needed those games. I think we can rebound from this. Hopefully Bouye is ok, if not need to get Bausby promoted asap. People cried about the Ojemudia pick but he can play, he showed more in one game than Yiadom ever did. We definitely need to get a vet pass rusher in, Chubb coming off an ACL is going to take time to get back to where he was, he probably played more snaps then they had planned last night. If the offense stops trying to be cute on the goal line that would help too. Just pound it with Gordon, Beck had a great block on his td last night
            I can’t use not having a preseason as an excuse. Vic has been around for decades, to not know how to manage timeouts is all on him. The horrendous play calling isn’t on the preseason.

Comment

• RocketArm006
              Totally Worth It
              • May 2008

Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
              I can’t use not having a preseason as an excuse. Vic has been around for decades, to not know how to manage timeouts is all on him. The horrendous play calling isn’t on the preseason.
              I totally agree. the only concession I'm willing to give is this staff hasn't worked together much yet. Not happy with this game, but I'm willing to see how things progress.

Comment

• sra84
                Football Immortal
                • Mar 2019

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
                This is only a bright side if they actually target an OT in the draft. Given Elway's draft history, he might pick a long snapper with the first pick.......
                Considering that neither Bolles or James appear to be long for the Broncos, I strongly believe that OT will be the top priority for Elway next year.

I just hope a new head coach is also a possibility.... I can't stand Fangio. I didn't like the hire and everything since has only confirmed my doubts. As long as he's our coach, we aren't going anywhere.

The Titans are nothing special, especially their one dimensional offense with a mediocre QB in Tannehill but they have a great coach in Vrabel and see what a difference a great coach can do compared to a guy who's only good as a defensive coordinator.
                Last edited by sra84; 09-15-2020, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• beastlyskronk
                  Football Immortal
                  • Jun 2007

The team could’ve played better for sure but they also could’ve won that game. If Jeudy catches those 2 he dropped we likely win. Lock missed a few reads and let his footwork get away from him causing us to miss out on 2 TDs.

It’s a young team without a veteran voice to calm them down on the field. They’ll find their way. The season is so far from over and nothing I saw last night led me to believe we can’t make a run at the playoffs.

Comment

• Taos_Broncomaniac
                    Football Immortal
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
                    4th and goal you have to give Fant the first look unless you're gonna run.

Shurmer is not what we hoped for IMO...
                    [sigpic

Comment

• CanDB
                      Football Immortal
                      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
                      Is 15-1 too bright?
                      KC?

Comment

• RocketArm006
                        Totally Worth It
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
                        4th and goal you have to give Fant the first look unless you're gonna run.

Shurmer is not what we hoped for IMO...
                        That call was way too "cute" IMO - both the play itself and the personnel. Still, we're one game in. I'm willing to sit back and see how he adjusts.

Comment

• beastlyskronk
                          Football Immortal
                          • Jun 2007

It does feel like it’s been ages since I’ve seen a Broncos QB sneak the ball. Lock even has enough athleticism that you can go 5 wide to spread them out and run a QB draw.

Comment

• RocketArm006
                            Totally Worth It
                            • May 2008

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                            It does feel like it’s been ages since I’ve seen a Broncos QB sneak the ball. Lock even has enough athleticism that you can go 5 wide to spread them out and run a QB draw.
                            Totally agree. Lock gives the offense options in the running game as well. Just an all around bad call.

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                              Super Moderator
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                              Totally agree. Lock gives the offense options in the running game as well. Just an all around bad call.
                              Speaking of which, on the failed 4th down, it looked like Lock could have just run it in (didn't see a replay to confirm my initial view) but he decided to flip it to the TE anyway.

Comment

• Rastic
                                Modulated
                                • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                                Speaking of which, on the failed 4th down, it looked like Lock could have just run it in (didn't see a replay to confirm my initial view) but he decided to flip it to the TE anyway.
                                I wondered that too. Do you think he didn't see it or didn't have the option as the play was called and didn't want to go off script?

Comment

Working...
                                X