• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BroncoFanDK
    All-Pro
    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    The coaches go through the exact same testing protocols the players do, if they have a positive test, they won't be out there. So if following those protocols the players don't need to wear masks, why do the coaches have to? The rule is nothing more than the NFL trying to look like they're doing something, while not actually doing something that makes sense.

There were three coaches/teams fined, I expect a quick joint appeal, because they can show plenty of video of other coaches that weren't fined but weren't wearing masks. Belichick was wearing a mask that basically covered his nose, but somehow that was good enough?
    It is known that talking loud or yelling aggrevates the sprad of virus, and another factor is that coaches are older and hence more exposed. It makes sense to have rules but it seems bizarre to fine someone 100000$, and more work should be put into how to be practical about the restrictions. US is in a bad situation with Covid-19, but we are talking people that are outside in empty stadiums.

Comment

• Hadez
      Football Immortal
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
      Not too many coaches heat their masks up for the whole game... this seems arbitrary
      Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
      And Sean Payton... not even pretending to wear a mask....
      Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
      I saw Gruden wearing his properly for about 10 seconds. I expect him to get fined too.
      I saw multiple coaches across the games wearing mask less than Vic

No idea why he is singled out

Do give BB credit. His mask does not cover his mouth. Seems to be designed to leave his mouth open for communication....but it is designed in a way to look like he is always wearing a mask.
      Last edited by Hadez; 09-22-2020, 03:24 AM.
      What is Grit? - Angela Duckworth
      effort x talent = skill
      effort x skill = achievement
      How much time do you invest into your dream? 10 hours a week? 20 hours? 40 hours? 80 hours? 120 hours?

Comment

• Capt. Jack
        Football Immortal
        • Oct 2010

Ya gotta try to follow the rules. Everybody has to figure out how to be considerate of others, and wear masks, to help save other peoples lives.

Comment

• Broncos-R-Great
          Hall of Famer
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
          Ya gotta try to follow the rules. Everybody has to figure out how to be considerate of others, and wear masks, to help save other peoples lives.
          Ugh these coaches, we all have to wear it, you can wear it too

Comment

• Rich_C
            Captain
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
            they need to do something for coaches that are also play callers on the field. andy reid wears that face shield that he had to figure out himself just so he can wear the headset and call plays. it's ridiculous the NFL wants to fine those coaches yet don't offer a proper mask for them to wear with a head set on.
            I work in an office setting where I must wear a mask nearly all day. I can tell you that I wear a mask and talk on the phone A LOT. There is not a single person who cannot hear me. If the mic is by his mouth he is fine. On top of that he and others have the added benefit of the other teams not being able to see his lips move.

Comment

• Rich_C
              Captain
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
              I saw multiple coaches across the games wearing mask less than Vic

No idea why he is singled out

Do give BB credit. His mask does not cover his mouth. Seems to be designed to leave his mouth open for communication....but it is designed in a way to look like he is always wearing a mask.
              Wait a minute you mean to say BB found another loophole? LOL

Comment

• Rich_C
                Captain
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
                It is known that talking loud or yelling aggrevates the sprad of virus, and another factor is that coaches are older and hence more exposed. It makes sense to have rules but it seems bizarre to fine someone 100000$, and more work should be put into how to be practical about the restrictions. US is in a bad situation with Covid-19, but we are talking people that are outside in empty stadiums.
                I have a SUPER easy way to not get fined.....wear a face shield or a mask. Although face shields are effectively useless.

Comment

• samparnell
                  Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                  • Nov 2007

Wow! $100k! NM should have tried that when the Southeastern counties were refusing to wear masks.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                    team preacher
                    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    Wow! $100k! NM should have tried that when the Southeastern counties were refusing to wear masks.
                    Yes, except it would need to be proportionate to income, which means the fine for me would be about $100 😂
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• CanDB
                      Football Immortal
                      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                      The coaches go through the exact same testing protocols the players do, if they have a positive test, they won't be out there. So if following those protocols the players don't need to wear masks, why do the coaches have to? The rule is nothing more than the NFL trying to look like they're doing something, while not actually doing something that makes sense.

There were three coaches/teams fined, I expect a quick joint appeal, because they can show plenty of video of other coaches that weren't fined but weren't wearing masks. Belichick was wearing a mask that basically covered his nose, but somehow that was good enough?
                      But if the league makes a rule, nothing to be surprised about if fined.

Comment

• Hadez
                        Football Immortal
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        But if the league makes a rule, nothing to be surprised about if fined.
                        I was watching many games over the weekend. As long as other HCs+Teams are getting the same fine I am ok with it.

If we the only ones...
                        What is Grit? - Angela Duckworth
                        effort x talent = skill
                        effort x skill = achievement
                        How much time do you invest into your dream? 10 hours a week? 20 hours? 40 hours? 80 hours? 120 hours?

Comment

• CanDB
                          Football Immortal
                          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                          I was watching many games over the weekend. As long as other HCs+Teams are getting the same fine I am ok with it.

If we the only ones...
                          I agree. If you have well defined rules, and you explain the penalties and the black and white of the rule, so that it is consistent, then you have no business breaking the rule and not being fined. Having said that, I am sure this has a bit of flex in it, for those who commit, but occasionally move the mask here and there. I am assuming the league is looking for clear violation.

My take, for what it's worth....these professional sports have far too much riding on virus control. one blip and a team is in jeopardy, maybe two teams or more. And though it is highly unlikely that Fangio's actions will lead to infection issues, it's more about the image, the perception and most important, the reminder of what's at stake.
                          Last edited by CanDB; 09-22-2020, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• samparnell
                            Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                            Yes, except it would need to be proportionate to income, which means the fine for me would be about $100 ��
                            "Tis true, although some businesses were fined $1000 and lost licenses.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                              Super Moderator
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
                              But you can't spread something you don't have, the coaches have been tested every day, and the NFL certifies they don't have Covid, cause even an inconclusive test would mean they couldn't be anywhere near the team. So if the NFL tests them constantly and the NFL has said thy don't have Covid, why have a rule making them wear masks when you are clearly stating they don't have Covid.

The NFL having this rule is just virtue signalling. However the owners can change rules when they want, with the league randomly fining teams, the owners can quickly get rid of this ridiculous rule.

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                                Super Moderator
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

Absolutely, when you're at a grocery store wear a mask. That goes for everyone. But the NFL has signed off that every person on the field has tested negative for Covid, or they wouldn't be able to get anywhere near the field. Also an NFL field isn't a public place that anyone can access. So why should people that the NFL has certified don't have covid, surrounded by other people who don't have covid, in a private place have to wear masks? That's not about saving lives, it's about looking like you'e doing something.

Comment

Working...
                                X