Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best rookie

Best rookie

What player that we drafted in 2004 will make the biggest impact NEXT year?

It's kinda hard to say but my guess is Darius Watts. The guy is gonna come into his own. I think the drops were rookie jitters. He has a year under his belt, some big game experience. I think he really makes an emergence next season. Tatum will do well but we all know that. DJ I think will have a stellar season as well.
    Rebuilding sucks.

Folks, the rookie that we drafted last year, that is going to have the best year THIS year is Tatum Bell.

He will surpass 1,500 yards and 10 TD's.

If he stays healthy, I see him reeling off 9 or ten 100 yard rushing games in a row.

That kind of success.....
    Quote Originally Posted by boltzpride619 View Post
    What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by RunByDesign View Post
    True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Quote Originally Posted by RunByDesign
    Folks, the rookie that we drafted last year, that is going to have the best year THIS year is Tatum Bell.

He will surpass 1,500 yards and 10 TD's.

If he stays healthy, I see him reeling off 9 or ten 100 yard rushing games in a row.

That kind of success.....
    That is if shanny gives him the chance. YOu remember Portis's rookie year when he didn't start til the fifth week. Could happen again now that mike's healthy.
    Rebuilding sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by rich5368
    That is if shanny gives him the chance. YOu remember Portis's rookie year when he didn't start til the fifth week. Could happen again now that mike's healthy.
    The upsides of Mike Anderson and Tatum Bell are light years apart.

Tatum will win the #1 spot easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by boltzpride619 View Post
    What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by RunByDesign View Post
    True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Quote Originally Posted by rich5368
    You remember Portis' second year when he started from day 1? I look for Bell to tear up the NFL this year, and bring back that 5.5 YPC tradition back to the BRONCOS.

I think if Dj keeps excelling and makeing the plays we could see a defensive player of the year in a couple years.

It has to be D.J. he very easily could have won rookie of the year this year, why wouldnt he get even better next year.

Is it just me, or did it seem like Larry Coyer blitzed DJ enough this past year? Seems as if he's our best pass rushing LB, but I can't really recall too many times I saw him actually blitz the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by PLUMMERFAN16
    Is it just me, or did it seem like Larry Coyer blitzed DJ enough this past year? Seems as if he's our best pass rushing LB, but I can't really recall too many times I saw him actually blitz the QB.
    The thing about that is, he's also our best coverage LB, followed closely by A-Dubb. If we play more 3-4 D this year, like I hope we will, he will have the chance to get after the QB, but he will still be needed in coverage because of his raw athleticism and speed.
    Last edited by DPg2003; 02-08-2005 at 10:02 PM.
    [img]http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/images/030915chargers_catch.jpg[/img][img]http://www.miamidolphins.com/images/pressbox/fromthegame/fromthegame8741.jpg[/img]

The thing about these replies I've been reading is that no clear answer has been made. How great is that? Will everyone agree that is probably the best Draft class of Shanahan's tenure?

D.J. Williams will be even better once we sure up the pass rush and the secondary.
    Darius Watts will add some muscle and be a holy terror for opposing defenses.
    Tatum Bell will be a killer and Mike Anderson will be there to pick the slack and bang on the oppostion while T Bell gets a breather.
    Jeremy LeSueur could be a sleeper at either CB or S.
    Matt Mauck could turn into a very solid backup QB.
    Josh Sewell could be the C of the future, or at the least be a solid backup.

And let's not forget the Rookie Free Agents that Shanahan signed. If we have another off-season, personnel wise, like we did this past off-season I think we will finally break out of this slump of mediocrity and actually maximize the potential of this team. But 1st we have to hold to our own key Free Agents.
    [img]http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/images/030915chargers_catch.jpg[/img][img]http://www.miamidolphins.com/images/pressbox/fromthegame/fromthegame8741.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by DPg2003
    The thing about that is, he's also our best coverage LB, followed closely by A-Dubb. If we play more 3-4 D this year, like I hope we will, he will have the chance to get after the QB, but he will still be needed in coverage because of his raw athleticism and speed.
    You and I think alike on most everything tonight. I would love to see the 3-4 in Denver, it will be less expensive and can be jump started by this 3-4 friendly draft. D.J. Williams could be the next Lawrence Taylor in the 3-4.
    Last edited by OhNoKoolAid; 02-08-2005 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OhNoKoolAid
    Yuo and I think alike on most everything tonight. I would love to see the 3-4 in Denver, it will be less expensive and can be jump started by this 3-4 friendly draft. D.J. Williams could be the next Lawrence Taylor in the 3-4.
    The player I really hope we snag in the First Round is Shawn Merriman from Maryland. He can step right in and contribute, and with Champ, D.J., AW, and TP he wouldn't have the pressure of having to save the D. Another DE I think could help right away is Justin Tuck from Notre Dame.

DJ is the cream of the crop. But Tatum sure will give him a run for his money

Tatum Bell

He was drafted to replace Portis. He will, barring injury, get every carry.