Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best rookie

Demarcus Ware

I would love to get Shawn Merriman but i really really dont think he will be there at the 25th pick! however on espn's mock draft they have us taking demarcus ware who is also a OLB/DE! he would need to put on some weight but if he did that he would be a great OLB in a 3-4!!! he is very fast which would fit in with our Linebacker corps and he is a great tackler who has an uncanny ability to rush the passer!!! i would like to see us take him if he is there with the 25th pick!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Caliraiderhater
    I would love to get Shawn Merriman but i really really dont think he will be there at the 25th pick! however on espn's mock draft they have us taking demarcus ware who is also a OLB/DE! he would need to put on some weight but if he did that he would be a great OLB in a 3-4!!! he is very fast which would fit in with our Linebacker corps and he is a great tackler who has an uncanny ability to rush the passer!!! i would like to see us take him if he is there with the 25th pick!!!
    We would absolutely have to trade up to get Merriman, and maybe even Justin Tuck. I wouldn't mind seeing Ware in Orange & Blue. Scouts and critics are always talking about how small players are or how slow they are and then they have to eat crow when they put up big numbers(ie: Terrell Suggs), so I would love to get Ware in here and have him prove all the nay sayers wrong, but I don't know if he could come in right away and be a huge factor.
    Last edited by DPg2003; 02-09-2005 at 08:58 PM.
    [img]http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/images/030915chargers_catch.jpg[/img][img]http://www.miamidolphins.com/images/pressbox/fromthegame/fromthegame8741.jpg[/img]

I really hope the rookies who were injured come together and show up, i.e Jeremy LeSueur, Brandon Miree, and BJ Johnson. LeSueur could be that coverage safety that the Broncos have been searching for.

I am so excited about the future of our running back position in Tatum Bell. He has the same exact build(height-weight) of Terrel Davis, and he has great speed. All he needs to do this offseason is hit the weights hard so that he will increase his durability and decrease his fumble count.

Quote Originally Posted by ttejuco
    I really hope the rookies who were injured come together and show up, i.e Jeremy LeSueur, Brandon Miree, and BJ Johnson. LeSueur could be that coverage safety that the Broncos have been searching for.
    i agree, but i think that brandom miree would have been a really good FB if he hadnt gotten injured this year, lesueur has a lot of talent but i dont know if hes going to contribute immediately since this will be his rookie year pretty much, so hope he stays injury free, gets a bit of playing time here and there, get used to everything and eventually develope into a starter, BJ johnson ditto

Quote Originally Posted by buchosiete
    I am so excited about the future of our running back position in Tatum Bell. He has the same exact build(height-weight) of Terrel Davis, and he has great speed. All he needs to do this offseason is hit the weights hard so that he will increase his durability and decrease his fumble count.
    "Decrease his fumble count"....WTF?? Do you know how many times he fumbled this past year?? Do you know he only fumbled ONE TIME his senior year in 213 carries?? People need to do their homework before they start spouting off about Tatum's "fumbling" problem.

Quote Originally Posted by PLUMMERFAN16
    "Decrease his fumble count"....WTF?? Do you know how many times he fumbled this past year?? Do you know he only fumbled ONE TIME his senior year in 213 carries?? People need to do their homework before they start spouting off about Tatum's "fumbling" problem.
    That trips me out. How so many label Tatum as a fumbler. Based on scouting or draft reports I guess. He surely hasnt done anything as a bronco that would indicate he has a fumbling problem.

Thats crazy because I've read how he had a fumbling problem in college. Maybe that was just BS but I figured if he had a problem in college, he would be vulnerable in the pros.

I guess thats great news which makes my statement about Tatum being our best 2nd year player next year even stronger.

Go Broncos!

Probably Tatum Bell, but I think LeSeur could be exactly what this team needs in the return game™
    This space for rent

Quote Originally Posted by DPg2003
    We would absolutely have to trade up to get Merriman, and maybe even Justin Tuck. I wouldn't mind seeing Ware in Orange & Blue. Scouts and critics are always talking about how small players are or how slow they are and then they have to eat crow when they put up big numbers(ie: Terrell Suggs), so I wouldn't love to get Ware in here and have him prove all the nay sayers wrong, but I don't know if he could come in right away and be a huge factor.
    That is what is great about this draft, it is very deep in olb/de tweeners who can become impact players. Merriman is the freak, but Tuck may come out of the combine with better workout numbers (4.55 40?). It's kind of like pick your poison, but as the Broncos are apt to do, they will match last year's solid draft with a poor one this year, they are very Jekyl andHyde when it comes to the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by OhNoKoolAid
    That is what is great about this draft, it is very deep in olb/de tweeners who can become impact players. Merriman is the freak, but Tuck may come out of the combine with better workout numbers (4.55 40?). It's kind of like pick your poison, but as the Broncos are apt to do, they will match last year's solid draft with a poor one this year, they are very Jekyl andHyde when it comes to the draft.
    Yea, but let's hope that Shanahan starts making some new history and starts bringing in classes like '04. Like you said there are some good players in this draft. Hopefully we can get a good quality pass rusher in the First Round, and then after that just start getting some steals.
    Last edited by DPg2003; 02-09-2005 at 09:37 PM.
    [img]http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/images/030915chargers_catch.jpg[/img][img]http://www.miamidolphins.com/images/pressbox/fromthegame/fromthegame8741.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplayshay84
    What player that we drafted in 2004 will make the biggest impact NEXT year?
    DJ Williams.

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Or Tatum Bell. One of them. Hoping it's Tatum Bell and DJ just does better.

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey