Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Austin Tx
    Posts
    41

    Lb Derrick Johnson In Denver

    I live in Austin watched Derrick Johnson for Texas all four years he played, draft this guy and watch people die for the next 10 years. I Guarantee Rookie of the Year.
    Die Hard Broncos fan in Texas

    [img]http://www.digitalstoryteller.com/YITL/Mark%20Hertzberg/images/0127FAVRE_SACKED.jpg[/img] Steve is tha man !!! [IMG]http://www.onlinesports.com/images/mm-wm2-002lm.gif[/IMG][img]http://img147.exs.cx/img147/1374/lynchchatmanforums3vt.gif[/img]The Lynch mob in effect !!!!!!!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Killah City
    Posts
    1,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-N-Horns
    I live in Austin watched Derrick Johnson for Texas all four years he played, draft this guy and watch people die for the next 10 years. I Guarantee Rookie of the Year.
    You posted this recently so I'm sure you know we just signed Ian Gold to a 5-year deal and we have D.J. Williams here as well, so what would we do with Derrick Johnson?? I think he is one hell of a player and I hope nobody in our division drafts him, but we need to solidify our D-Line in Round 1 of the Draft.
    [img]http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/images/030915chargers_catch.jpg[/img][img]http://www.miamidolphins.com/images/pressbox/fromthegame/fromthegame8741.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    933

    Thumbs down Long Gone

    Johnson is one of the best atheletes in the draft and will be gone by the tenth pick. The Broncos do not need to use their 1st round pick on a linebacker. They already have depth with experience at the position. Check out their roster and see the impressive group of linebackers.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Serenity
    Posts
    12,084
    I don't care how good he is, we H-A-V-E to go defensive line. If we pick a linebacker early in the draft, I'll probably puke.

    In the meantime, we should try to sign Okeafor & Douglas and then still draft defensive line early. We might have to replace Warren as early as next season.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    780
    Jav speaks the truth, listen to him young texan.
    http://img328.imageshack.us/img328/1...osig6ed9xr.jpg
    I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
    ABWRFRC

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Houston =D
    Posts
    2,282
    I personally believe if you have a strength it can't hurt to make that strength even stronger. Besides, there's a low chance we'll survive the year without a linebacker injury or too.

    HIGHLY DOUBTFUL we could ever pull this off, but I'd certainly love it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Posts
    4,628
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickdaDookie
    I personally believe if you have a strength it can't hurt to make that strength even stronger. Besides, there's a low chance we'll survive the year without a linebacker injury or too.

    HIGHLY DOUBTFUL we could ever pull this off, but I'd certainly love it.
    Injuries are inevitable that is why we need to solidify our DLine or LB's already have depth.
    https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/s4pltBb35iBlrpYyfA6PTSXU4bI=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2924184/cj.0.gif

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Serenity
    Posts
    12,084
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickdaDookie
    I personally believe if you have a strength it can't hurt to make that strength even stronger. Besides, there's a low chance we'll survive the year without a linebacker injury or too.

    HIGHLY DOUBTFUL we could ever pull this off, but I'd certainly love it.
    It's fine to make a strength even stronger. But not if it means neglecting a major weakness. Our biggest weakness is the defensive line and we seriously need to address it. Even if we switch to the 3-4, we need a much better line than we have right now.

    Besides, don't count out Sykes, Pierce, and even Chukwurah who I think might come on this year. Our linebackers are pretty solid across the board, especially after signing Gold.

    Our defensive line is full of question marks. We have no idea if Warren will do any better than he did in Cleveland. Pryce will be gone. Hayward is gone. Ellis Johnson is wanting to leave. Fatafehi is a decent backup but not going to save us. Coleman and Ellis are old and injury prone. What do we expect from Dorsett Davis?

    We have to do something about our line or all the linebackers in the world won't mean a thing.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    8,594
    Quote Originally Posted by Javalon
    It's fine to make a strength even stronger. But not if it means neglecting a major weakness. Our biggest weakness is the defensive line and we seriously need to address it. Even if we switch to the 3-4, we need a much better line than we have right now.

    Besides, don't count out Sykes, Pierce, and even Chukwurah who I think might come on this year. Our linebackers are pretty solid across the board, especially after signing Gold.

    Our defensive line is full of question marks. We have no idea if Warren will do any better than he did in Cleveland. Pryce will be gone. Hayward is gone. Ellis Johnson is wanting to leave. Fatafehi is a decent backup but not going to save us. Coleman and Ellis are old and injury prone. What do we expect from Dorsett Davis?

    We have to do something about our line or all the linebackers in the world won't mean a thing.
    I'm telling you Jav, its the monkey/dartboard theory. They have D-line as the bullseye and the monkey is just not very dextrous. LB takes up half the dartboard, as evidenced by the Gold signing.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Serenity
    Posts
    12,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
    I'm telling you Jav, its the monkey/dartboard theory. They have D-line as the bullseye and the monkey is just not very dextrous. LB takes up half the dartboard, as evidenced by the Gold signing.
    Well, if they draft a linebacker with either of our first two picks (or three, if we get that compensatory 3rd rounder) and do not draft a defensive lineman, then I might really start to wonder.

    This draft is shaping up to be a make-or-break situation in regards to my belief that Shanny & Co. are decent, if far from perfect, assessors of the team's needs and how to fill them.

    I know you and I disagree about D.J. last year and whether or not he was still a good selection taking the Gold situation into account. But unless we somehow completely solidify the defensive line through free agency (not likely), we better freakin' draft at least one defensive lineman early. And I wouldn't mind 2 or 3 of them just to improve our odds of getting a winner.

    And with that, I'm off to bed. 'Night!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    150
    Unless Denver finds a way to trade into the top 10, they won't be sniffing DJ anyway. Maybe they can package Pryce and their 1st round to move up (lol)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Homestead, Fl
    Posts
    1,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid
    Unless Denver finds a way to trade into the top 10, they won't be sniffing DJ anyway. Maybe they can package Pryce and their 1st round to move up (lol)
    We already have our starters and their above solid, so can we stop having LB wet dreams and address a NEED LIKE THE D-LINE.

    PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
    You Shed Tears of Scarlet

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,351

    D-line, D-line, D-line

    There's only one player who would make me want the Broncos to pick someone other than a d-lineman, and that is Mike Williams. But seeing as the Broncos have no shot at him at all they've got to get a playmaker. Shanahan has spent the 2002 and 2003 drafts trying to get D. Freeney and T. Suggs. Both big time speed rushing playmakers. Freeney we missed by a couple of picks and the trade up to get Suggs fell through at the last minute because of the Vikings draft blunder. idiots. Shanahan has got to get that playmaker this year. Force fumbles, raise havoc, whatever. Trade up or stay at 25, we need a Merriman, Roth, S. Cody (who reminds me of M. Mcrary who Mike once coveted), maybe E. James but he's a risk. Get D-Line and get a playmaker.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    708
    Quote Originally Posted by jletourneau
    There's only one player who would make me want the Broncos to pick someone other than a d-lineman, and that is Mike Williams. But seeing as the Broncos have no shot at him at all they've got to get a playmaker. Shanahan has spent the 2002 and 2003 drafts trying to get D. Freeney and T. Suggs. Both big time speed rushing playmakers. Freeney we missed by a couple of picks and the trade up to get Suggs fell through at the last minute because of the Vikings draft blunder. idiots. Shanahan has got to get that playmaker this year. Force fumbles, raise havoc, whatever. Trade up or stay at 25, we need a Merriman, Roth, S. Cody (who reminds me of M. Mcrary who Mike once coveted), maybe E. James but he's a risk. Get D-Line and get a playmaker.
    erasmus james isnt really that much of a risk, he had a really solid showing at the combine, which solidified his position, there is obviously health risks but look at kenechi udeze last year, he was a health risk but was still a first rounder, eramus james could be the first DE taken off the board, and there is very little chance he'll drop to 25th pick

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Odessa, TX.
    Posts
    11,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-N-Horns
    I live in Austin watched Derrick Johnson for Texas all four years he played, draft this guy and watch people die for the next 10 years. I Guarantee Rookie of the Year.
    He's out of our reach Hoss. You know as well as I do Johnson will be gone in the top 10 to 15. I watched him too and if we had a need at linebacker I would love to have him but we don't have that kind of need.
    John 11: 25-27

    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

    http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

    Thanks Snk16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •