Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What to do with Deltha?

Before the season started, we all talked about our secondary. I think they proved they can play. I'm very surprised to see Kelly Herdon play as well as Lenny Walls.

But what about Deltha O'Neal? The guy is sitting on the bench...the same spot at the end of last season. Will they cut him next season?

Maybe better to keep him for nickel & dime situations? He has tallent, just does not mentally "stay" in the game.
    Everyone is a Bronco fan at heart !

When is his contract up?? What has been wrong with him is he just having an off year or what. I mean I remember either last year or the year before he had I think 4 ints in one game. I dont think we should cut him but maybe get a trade for him. I know we are paying him alot and I'm sure we could get a trade. I dont really want to trade him because he is one of my favorite DB's in the league but if he isnt going to do nothing then we need to get a player who will do something besides sit on the bench.
    WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE

I don't think teams would trade up for him. I would bait him though during draft day. As well as Kelly has been playing, it wouldn't surprise me that they let him go.

TRADE UP FOR HIM????

I wouldn't trade a 6th round pick or a bowl of soup for him. He stinks and the Bronco's are the only team he'd possibly start for. Be happy you have his 2nd rate @ss........the rest of your team stinks just as bad.

Man Horseface I agree with your points here, this kid is (edited). Patsie stfu, please do us ALL a favor. How about them Red Sox!!!! Woohoo go Pedro!
    Last edited by Broncs Bomber; 11-03-2003 at 08:11 AM.
    Eeerrrrrr.......

Every team needs a good water boy... Deltha might fit the bill perfectly. He is at a point where his potential no longer outweighs his inconsistency, he is a liablity on the filed as a CB and a returner.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 14 Now in progress.

Wait a minute guys... Let's see if Deltha can turn it around this season, if Shanahan has not already written him off. This is Deltha's make or break season. He has tremendous talent and has the best hands on the team for interceptions. When he wants to play he is one of the best cornerbacks around. He now says he wants to play...

I say time will tell... I have seen to many Bronco players leave the organization and become a "star" for another team. I would hate to see that happen to "Deltha".
    Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

O'Neal

O'Neal is still our best corner. I was at the game last Sunday and Kelly got beat on a 33 year pass by Todd Heap and, he gave up a touchdown. Walls could'nt stop Sorry Taylor from getting 3rd down on a 3rd and 7. I just think that no matter who we get in our secondary they will never be good, Until we get some new DB coaches! All our corners that leave always play better some where else!

You know thats actually true! Tory James, Denard Walker is even playing well! The coaching is lacking there defintly! Oneal should be a star by now but the coaching isnt teaching him the little things
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Originally posted by Return of Lava
    You know thats actually true! Tory James, Denard Walker is even playing well! The coaching is lacking there defintly! Oneal should be a star by now but the coaching isnt teaching him the little things
    I'm sure that will be looked at when this season ends if they do not get more interceptions... Mike is starting to wonder why we are not getting more take-aways and has openly said it needs to get a lot better... I believe that statement is definitely pointed at David Gibbs and others. Hopefully Jimmy Stewart can make a difference in that coaching staff.

you mean jimmy spencer?
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Trade him and move up to get DeAnglo Hall.

It's hard to say if Denver can even keep both of it's corners. Hopefully we can, but with Deltha and Willie both bonafide busts, there has to be another corner drafted.

Originally posted by Return of Lava
    you mean jimmy spencer?
    Yes Jimmy Spencer, I guess I am showing my fathers age, even though I have seen some great moves with Jimmy Stewart.

My slip-up, thanks for catching it.