Page 58 of 108 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast
    Welcome! I'm a similar story. Grew up in Eagles family/ uncle faiders in Central PA on the border where Steeler Country meets Eagle Country.

Been a Broncos fan since 87'. Welcome to the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by DiMenna25 View Post
    What's up fellow die-hards? I've been viewing these boards since last year and I am really excited to start posting on here! I was amazed at how many great, insightful, helpful, and amazing threads/posts there are on this forum.

I know I like to hear the stores of how people from different states became a Broncos fan, so I'll just include mine for those who care. I come from a die-hard Eagles family, but ever since I started watching football (Late 90's, was born in '92) I always hated them. My brother got sick and tired of all my McNabb hatred and bad remarks about the team, that he finally decided to tell me to pick a team that I would like. I've heard of how great Elway was and also saw somewhat of the great T.D. play before the interception play (Sorry to bring it up, haha) and officially became a fan of the Broncos in 2000. I know it's a strange story and I might not have great Broncos roots and great knowledge of this incredible franchise's past, but I have been bleeding orange-and-blue for a good 11 years now and will continue to do so the rest of my life!

Can't wait to bleed orange-&-blue with you guys this upcoming season !

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!
    Welcome youngen, there are quite a few of us in PA. Steelers fans are soooooooo annoying, NO. Lets try and toughen up this team and make our fans a little more supportive of our players.
    I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition backhand a fool!

Bronco Fan since 1971

I was won over at the Baltimore Colts/Denver Broncos game at the old Mile High. The Broncos weren't notoriously good back then, but the fans were off the charts. Hooked me good. The colts wee my fav at the time, but the way they treated JohnnyU, and a couple other frontoffice moves, I became a Broncofan for life. Glad to be here!!

I came out riding a horse and flicking off the raiders
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4500 Miles From Denver

Hello,
    I'm from England (near Liverpool) and have supported the Broncos since the game started getting an airing in the UK. I managed to get to Wembley last year, and despite the result it confirmed me as a 100% fan. Hopefully I'll get over to Denver this year or next.

Cheers
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by WidnesJon View Post
    Hello,
    I'm from England (near Liverpool) and have supported the Broncos since the game started getting an airing in the UK. I managed to get to Wembley last year, and despite the result it confirmed me as a 100% fan. Hopefully I'll get over to Denver this year or next.

Cheers
    Jon
    Welcome to the boards, Jon!

I lived in England for a couple of years (dad was AF). Loved it there.

Hope you get to Denver for a game.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Hello from across the pond! :wave:
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Anderson county Tennessee (near Knoxville)
    Welcome to the boards!

Welcome! Hopefully you can make it to a Broncos game eventually. Personally, as I grew up going to (mostly) baseball games at the old Mile High Stadium, I am not remotely enamored with Invesco Field. It feels foreign and not the home of the Broncos. I'll probably never take a true liking to it. It seems to me that the record of absolute home field dominance that the Broncos were known for ended when the wrecking ball struck Mile High Stadium. In fact, the first game at Invesco was a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by WidnesJon View Post
    Hello,

Cheers
    Jon
    Hey Jon, I'm from Failsworth, near Manchester. If you do get the chance get to Colorado it is the most beautiful place on Earth.

Another one from Jacksonville

I did not grow up in the states so I really don't have a football team even though I lived in NY area for 10 years before I moved down south to Jacksonville, FL. I almost ended up as a Jets fan then came SB XXXII. Plus I love underdogs like Elway that year having already lost 3 SBs.

Who wouldn't be a fan? Elway crazily almost killed himself with that ran and then the helicopter spin! First thing came to my mind is concussion. But he was able to stand up with those creeky legs? Pure effort, a joy to watch, all heart . And then defend the crown the next year! I was hooked, line and sinker.

And to be honest, been lurking around since Denver drafted Tebow. That is icing on the cake. Yes, I am a big Tebow fan. However, to me he was a reach as a first rounder. Late 2nd or early 3rd is where I was expected him. But was happy and teary eyed watching it announced, seeing the Tebow family. I thank God for the Broncos (or should it be McD?).

And a short story: I was in Palatka, FL (near Gainesville) 2008 with not so closed friends watching the Gators vs Bama SEC championship game. The town of Palatka is as redneck as it can be (no offense, just saying ). I made a comment that Tebow's throwing motion is ugly compared to Matthew Stafford. I almost got lynched. Lucky me, its just the first round of beer. Sanity prevailed and I learned to shut my mouth when it comes to Tebow and my fellow homers.

That's my intro and can't wait for the opening day!

Jude

Welcome to the boards, Jude!

I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. Lots of great people.

I hope you don't mind my asking, but where did you grow up? We have fans from all over. Just curious.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Anderson county Tennessee (near Knoxville)
    Welcome to the boards. Don't stand on formality, make yourself at home and start posting!

Welcome to our forums. We are all glad have you here I look forward reading your post/threads. Lastly, make yourself feel at home there lot of great people on these forums.

Thumbs up New From Pa.

And yes....I'm from Eagles & Steelers country as well. What a shame that I have to live so far from Broncos country.
    WHEN IN DOUBT......ADD WATER !!!!