Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ESPN claims we are "Losers"

Denver Broncos: Organizationally, the Broncos, like the Cowboys last year, profited by making a bold trade. No one can question the move to get a No. 1 and No. 4 in 2006 from the Redskins along with a third-round choice by giving up their No. 1 pick. But taking three cornerbacks is a little shaky and does nothing to help their other units. The Broncos were obviously looking to the future by taking cornerbacks Darrent Williams, Karl Paymah and Domonique Foxworth. At best, only one will break into the nickel spot this year. Their special teams might be better, but the Broncos didn't do enough for this year. Then they made matters worse by ending the first day of the draft by selecting former Ohio State running back Maurice Clarett. At this juncture, Clarett seems more like a practice squad player than a back ready to step in and make an impact. The Cowboys sacrificed some of the 2004 season by looking ahead to 2005. The Broncos plan to go to the Super Bowl every year. While this draft may be great for 2006, what about 2005?

They called that one right
    [COLOR=Yellow][SIZE=7]Lightning[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning
    They called that one right
    And you guys know this how?

Im just posting what John Clayton wrote.

ya im still scratchig my head with the draft so far, but i trust in our FO.....

darrent williams would have been an awesome pick IF, justin miller was off the board, but we could of had him!!! im just confused is all.

i hope at least 1 of these guys see some significant playing time, but if nothing else, this will puch our other guys to step up and hopefully all these young guys we have learn from the champ!!!

pciking clarette was a media stunt i think, but who cares, plug him in there and he will be solid for us...... one upside on maurice is he is a better pass catcher than tatum, and he would be a good guy to have coming out of the backfield.

because the Detroit Lions were their best drafters the last 2 years and have proven espn right by draft top 10 once again. They seem to judge drafts by your ability to atain a top pick next year. Obviously they are brilliant and should not be doubted. After all look what happens if they are wrong about the picks.......oh yeah nuthin. That is pressure. Ever notice that they never do recaps to show accuracy??

Look at my post in the draft thread. I'm disgusted right now.
    [IMG]http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/2708/untitled254.JPG[/IMG]

Doesn't he look good?

We are. Lets not bash ESPN for stating the obious. They get paid a lot of money to do so.
    [b]Does it bother you that a Bronco fan might like a NON Bronco? Deal with it![/b]
    [IMG]http://media.theinsiders.com/Media/College_Football/92104_kellen_winslow.JPG[/IMG]
    Making fun of career threatening accidents because you dont agree with me is fun, right? Losers...

No one is losers before the season starts. Lets find out how the season ENDS before we claim anything about being a " loser." I believe that people were saying the "loser" comment about SD last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ttejuco
    ESPN claims we are "Losers"
    What's new?

Quote Originally Posted by Broncobill
    because the Detroit Lions were their best drafters the last 2 years and have proven espn right by draft top 10 once again. They seem to judge drafts by your ability to atain a top pick next year. Obviously they are brilliant and should not be doubted. After all look what happens if they are wrong about the picks.......oh yeah nuthin. That is pressure. Ever notice that they never do recaps to show accuracy??
    So true. ESPN is really a joke anyway. They only cover coastal teams and will focus on the same handful of teams and players ALL year long.

I agree totally. They knock Denver for drafting for the future and not for the present. Isn't that the idea? Teams that have the ability to do that always seem to do better long term (for obvious reasons). I'm glad Denver is in that position.

Our fans just don't have any faith in Shanahan. Sigh. I think he's earned it.

Its not a bad thing taking 3 CB i think we had a fine draft! If anything it will just add lots of compition and we will end up getting a good nickel back someone who is the hardest worker and really wants to be there!

Quote Originally Posted by Caliraiderhater
    Its not a bad thing taking 3 CB i think we had a fine draft! If anything it will just add lots of compition and we will end up getting a good nickel back someone who is the hardest worker and really wants to be there!
    Especially from those later rounds. First rounders know they are starting no mater what. They also know that they get a pass their first year. Its not often that you're first round guys play like DJ Williams or Ben Rothlisberger.

Later round guys are fighting for their job. The competition elevates them to a new level. We'll have to see if this works. I'm still excited about a return guy.

i think we sucked up a bad draft year but by doing so we could be better of next year ... we could possibly get a top ten move down in the first round get our lower first and extra picks maybe a first rounder in 2007 ...kinda like the other teams do who kows jsut a thought