Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 193
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    717

    Clarett will be a stud

    If any of you listened to his press conference, he seems like a VERY HUNGRY football player. Clarett will be a work horse for us, and from listening to what he says he will do ANYTHING to help the team. He said that carries don't matter to him, he will work hard and it will pay off for him. What do you guys think of Clarett after seeing his press conference?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    University of South Carolina
    Posts
    498
    i really think he has changed and he was a great footbal player so, i actually am happy about this pick now

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    CP's New City
    Posts
    2,242
    I still want Tatum Bell to lay the smackdown and get like 2,000 yards.
    My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...b2bsig37do.jpg
    Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

    America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

    Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,486
    Talk is cheap . Had i been in his situation i'd had said anything to come off good anyway. Give him till the pre season before u start calling him a stud

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    13,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigplayshay84
    If any of you listened to his press conference, he seems like a VERY HUNGRY football player. Clarett will be a work horse for us, and from listening to what he says he will do ANYTHING to help the team. He said that carries don't matter to him, he will work hard and it will pay off for him. What do you guys think of Clarett after seeing his press conference?
    I get the distinct impression that his 40 time at the Combine was a fluke. Get him back into football shape, and maybe he has a 4.6 again. That is what TD ran, by the way, and it appears that about the only physical differences between Clarett and TD are facial features. There are several ways a back can get extra yardage. For and extra, say, 20 yards, the back can:

    1. Outrun the defense
    2. Knock the defender on his butt and run another 20 until the next one catches you
    3. Drag the defense for 20 yards

    Whle TD wasn't especially good at the first one, he excelled at the other two, so much that some considered him the best back in football at the time (although one Barry Sanders had an argument there). Wouldn't it be something if Clarett could do the same? Maybe Shanny & company see something there. Let's wait and see.
    Last edited by topscribe; 04-25-2005 at 09:39 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    607
    Other than having a HUGE TARGET on him from defensive players around the league just waiting to "welcome" him again and again to the NFL, and the fact of missing games due to being nicked up (See below), he may be a pro-bowler. I guess we'll just have to watch and see how it plays out.

    Missed two games as a sophomore and another two as a junior with a knee injury at Harding High … Also missed part of the season opener in 2001 at Harding due to a thumb sprain … Underwent surgery on the thumb before reporting to Ohio State in 2002 … Suffered a slightly torn meniscus in his right knee early in the first quarter of the 2002 Washington State game, undergoing arthroscopic surgery that would sideline him the next week against Cincinnati … Suffered a stinger in his left shoulder on the final drive of the 2002 Wisconsin game. Played the following week against Penn State, but left the game due to the shoulder injury, sitting out the Minnesota clash. Returned to play briefly against Purdue, but was again sidelined with the shoulder injury, missing the next game against Illinois.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    164
    STud? I hope so, but not anytime soon. This guy has been out of football way to long. Plus, he's out of shape.. and out of FOOTBALL shape. This season is just a project.. I don't know that he won't be on the practice squad...

    Hopefully he can at least get on special teams. We will see. I just don't see him being much of a difference maker this year. 2 years from now... it's possible. Hopefully I'm wrong, but it takes a special player to only play a little over a year in college, then not play football for 2 years.. then try to come in to the NFL and play. He'd definately be superman if he could do that.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Mile High City
    Posts
    28
    He may be a stud but he'll have to do it behind Tatum Bell and Marine Mike!
    [IMG]http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/1272/alwilsonownsusig4lu.jpg[/IMG]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    72
    I hope I'm wrong but I think he'll be a .....head case. If so, he and Jake will not mesh...replay of Plummer and David Boston. Sorry guys, I do not like this acquisiton.
    Pat Tillman
    Nov. 6,1976- April 23,2004
    Some gave all

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Odessa, TX.
    Posts
    11,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigplayshay84
    If any of you listened to his press conference, he seems like a VERY HUNGRY football player. Clarett will be a work horse for us, and from listening to what he says he will do ANYTHING to help the team. He said that carries don't matter to him, he will work hard and it will pay off for him. What do you guys think of Clarett after seeing his press conference?
    Bigplay I just don't know. He's only had one year of college ball and at that he couldn't stay healthy. Also he did quite at the combine.
    John 11: 25-27

    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

    http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

    Thanks Snk16

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    993

    Next Thunder and Lightning?

    Forget Ron Dayne, what if Clarett turns out to be the good running back he was at Ohio. I can imagine him, and Tatum Bell tearing it up in the future.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by eabort
    Other than having a HUGE TARGET on him from defensive players around the league just waiting to "welcome" him again and again to the NFL, and the fact of missing games due to being nicked up (See below), he may be a pro-bowler. I guess we'll just have to watch and see how it plays out.

    Missed two games as a sophomore and another two as a junior with a knee injury at Harding High … Also missed part of the season opener in 2001 at Harding due to a thumb sprain … Underwent surgery on the thumb before reporting to Ohio State in 2002 … Suffered a slightly torn meniscus in his right knee early in the first quarter of the 2002 Washington State game, undergoing arthroscopic surgery that would sideline him the next week against Cincinnati … Suffered a stinger in his left shoulder on the final drive of the 2002 Wisconsin game. Played the following week against Penn State, but left the game due to the shoulder injury, sitting out the Minnesota clash. Returned to play briefly against Purdue, but was again sidelined with the shoulder injury, missing the next game against Illinois.
    but you can say every good running back in the league has a target on him!! so that really doesnt mean alot!! as far as injuries are conserned..TD was injured every other play at GU as well...give this guy a chance!! this is probally his last chance to regain some kind of carrer

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    18,759
    Man.. I can just see it. Him and TB will fight over who should start, and my man Ron Dayne..... yes big dog from WI will kill the D in the redzone.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,604
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosB2B
    I still want Tatum Bell to lay the smackdown and get like 2,000 yards.
    I do too. Tatum is better at this point than Clarett.



    Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

    There are three things you can expect in life:

    1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    5,365
    I think my opinion has been changed about Clarret after listening to the press conference. I think that he really wants to just play some football. In the conference he said that he just wanted to start working out with the team right away, and I dont blame him. His reputation just went up with some fans after that conference. GO Clarret.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •