Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
    Clarett is #20 according to the Broncos homepage. It has a replica with Clarett's name on it with the #20.
    http://www.denverbroncos.com/

We tried 3 backs in red zone situations last year and none were particularly successful. The reason is that the problem is not the back but rather the interior line. With out physical linemen in the guard/center/guard positions we get no push. There are no holes to run through. With interior linemen and middle linebackers in the quarterbacks face, Jake gets happy feet and his mechanics break down.

I con't see the problem as being the power of the RB or the play calls. If I am right it will remain relatively the same this year even though we use different backs.

#30 is also open because we released Beard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplayshay84
    The numbers 22, 27, 29, 34, 41, 43, and 44 are available....im betting he takes 34.
    I'm pretty sure 44 is retired (one of the few on the roster) and 7 is off limits. I think 30 should also be off limits and 27 should only go to a safety, a damn good one.

clarett did have 16 td's in 8 games as a freshman though

eventually i could see bell getting the bulk of the carries 20 or so, off set by clarett getting 10 or so on short yardage, third downs (catches better) and as a change of pace. this will help keep bell fresh and lower the risk of injury

it will definately take clarett 8-10 games before he starts to get his feel for the game back, but i think he could become a huge part of our offense

i dont think, however, that, baring injury, he ever supplants bell as #1

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel
    I can't believe how fast all the homers on this site have jumped on the Clarett bandwagon!

The guy has had ONE (1) season as a true freshman 3 years ago and you want to annoint him as the starter by the end of the season??!

That would be hilarious if it weren't so pathetic.

I'm sitting here trying to think how many running backs have carried their teams to a National Title as true freshmen, and then wondering why you think people are stupid for being happy that back is on our team.

I can't believe how fast you have jumped on the NFL analyst bandwagon.
    I bleed orange and blue!!!

Rest in peace, Darrent.

I adopted Domenik Hixon!!

Quote Originally Posted by dbdom
    bell isnt injury proned, he got unlucky last year when he got injured in camp
    1 year of injuries doesnt make a guy injury proned

1 year of different types of injuries DO make you injury prone. I mean he starts with a broken finger in camp. Then later in the season, he falls wrong or somehting and hurt his tailbone or something by his ass. Then he seperates his shoulder. he plays thorugh it but he is still in pain.

I dont know 3 different injuries over the course of 1 year to me shows me the durability factor is questionable. That's not to say he will get injured this year but with the recent history of Bell it has got to make the Broncos have some cause for concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Bokyong
    1 year of different types of injuries DO make you injury prone. I mean he starts with a broken finger in camp. Then later in the season, he falls wrong or somehting and hurt his tailbone or something by his ass. Then he seperates his shoulder. he plays thorugh it but he is still in pain.

I dont know 3 different injuries over the course of 1 year to me shows me the durability factor is questionable. That's not to say he will get injured this year but with the recent history of Bell it has got to make the Broncos have some cause for concern.

Every single player out on the field has something that hurts. The finger thing was a fluke. He should have a great year.
    I bleed orange and blue!!!

Rest in peace, Darrent.

I adopted Domenik Hixon!!

we wont need a red zone back because with the one cut and go running game, Bell will take it to the house every time!

Clarret

I see him as an Olandis Gary type back. I think he will be 2nd string. Bell has potential to be a great all around back, with game breaking ability.
    al2@hotmail.com
    Velocity Sports Performance
    Dublin, CA

Why bother? If Clarett gets a number asap, it won't be official until the end of preseason when final players get waived. Maybe this thread has merit as Clarett's Broncos jersey is gonna be popular across the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel
    Clarett will be lucky to make the 53 man roster. More likely, he's a longer term project and will spend the season on the development squad. Next year will be his big year to prove he belongs in the NFL.

Shanahan has zero commitment to this guy. He's a shot in the dark. If he proves himself, fine. If not, he's gone without a 2nd thought.
    Really? Why did Shanahan bother wasting a 3rd rounder on Clarett just because he's a project? Clarett has too much potential to go thru 1-day waiver wire and land on the practice squad this year. Also, it would be 2-3 years before Shanahan gives up on him (Look at Middlebrooks).

Lightbulb

If Anthony Clements (a 333 pound new RT acquisition from the Cards) can play right guard, then Clarett or what ever back Mike Shanahan picks might be the answer to those red zone problems. Two 330+ pounders side by side would give an initial push that a power back could do something with.