Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 193
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Odessa, TX.
    Posts
    11,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Aija
    Talk is cheap . Had i been in his situation i'd had said anything to come off good anyway. Give him till the pre season before u start calling him a stud
    I totally agree with you on this one Aija.
    John 11: 25-27

    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

    http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

    Thanks Snk16

  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    18,759
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC
    I totally agree with you on this one Aija.
    You best to agree with me TX

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by Aija
    Talk is cheap . Had i been in his situation i'd had said anything to come off good anyway. Give him till the pre season before u start calling him a stud
    Well put. I can say I'm going to go climb a mountain, but that's all I'm doing, I'm "saying" it. Accomplishing something and saying you are going to, are two totally different things.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    6,074
    Quote Originally Posted by ttejuco
    Forget Ron Dayne, what if Clarett turns out to be the good running back he was at Ohio. I can imagine him, and Tatum Bell tearing it up in the future.

    How 'bout we just forget about Maurice Clarett too. Even Ron Dayne was a great RB in college.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,544
    Quote Originally Posted by ttejuco
    Forget Ron Dayne, what if Clarett turns out to be the good running back he was at Ohio. I can imagine him, and Tatum Bell tearing it up in the future.
    That would be awsome. Tearing up teams with are rbs for years.

    Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic
    How 'bout we just forget about Maurice Clarett too. Even Ron Dayne was a great RB in college.
    Every good rb in college career should not be based on Ron Dayne

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    6,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline


    Every good rb in college career should not be based on Ron Dayne
    But that's my point exactly. Any joschmo RB can produce in college.

    The one thing Clarett had going for him in college was his power, which will be negated at the NFL level.

    Sorry man but Clarett is nothing more than a mere average NFL back, even when he was in college. Even his game at OSU was a close resemblance to Ron Dayne in college.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    University of South Carolina
    Posts
    498
    yeah this would be a good change of pace and keep both fresh.

    EXE=USC they use 2 backs, and Carolina S.Davis and deshon foster

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    7,305

    --- i don't get it ---???

    Quote Originally Posted by PT40
    I hope I'm wrong but I think he'll be a .....head case. If so, he and Jake will not mesh...replay of Plummer and David Boston. Sorry guys, I do not like this acquisiton.
    --- Jake and David got along fine --- they had thier timing down and Boston was his go to guy --- Boston had his best career days with Jake --- we all know Boston is a head case, but i don't think that bothered Jake as David kept hanging on to the passes sent his way --- while Boston was at Ohio State, he was asked who he admired most in the NCAA and he said Jake Plummer --- Also you have to remember that ever since Clarett got into trouble, he has been mentored by the great #32, Jim Brown --- Mr. Brown is credited for turning the lives around of many gang members and has made it his life mission to work with underpriveliged, hard nosed street kids --- Clarett is still very young and training camp will tell the story --- if he wants it bad enough, Maurice can get back to his college form --- if he does that, i can see him on special teams running back ko and pr --- slicing and dicing thru the defence --- i never want to see Rod have to run back kicks again --- last season, i was scared every time Rod returned a kickoff or punt --- i say give the kid a chance ---if he can't cut it --- cut him --- az

    May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    142

    very possible

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigplayshay84
    If any of you listened to his press conference, he seems like a VERY HUNGRY football player. Clarett will be a work horse for us, and from listening to what he says he will do ANYTHING to help the team. He said that carries don't matter to him, he will work hard and it will pay off for him. What do you guys think of Clarett after seeing his press conference?
    I have to agree with BigPlay....not just because hes my lil bro, and not just because he stole my madden screen name and used it for the message boards but...................if Mo ever gets the chanceto start, he will be great. Its a fact! I know there is a lot of anti- Shannyism these days, but anyone who would question the judgement of our organization, when it comes to drafting running backs immediately loses all credibility in my book.

    Shanny is not much different than a fat chic. You see Fat chics have this keen intuition, that always leads them to the promise land of yet another meal. Shannys nose always leads him to the right guy for his running game.

    Many of you may not know this but TD was not a fluke> He WAS drafted in the 6th round FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF BEING OUR STARTER. TD was unfortunate to spend most of his time as a back up and suffered some injuries while a Bulldog.
    But whatever film Shanny saw was clearly enough.

    So in reality, Clarett will most likely not be toting the rock on opening day. But if Tatum goes down ( which so far looks highly possible ). You can count on all of us flooding the Broncos.com store looking to get our mo Clarett or Ron Dayne Jerseys. Because as long as Shanny is around, there will always be a 1200 yard back in town.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    victoria, bc
    Posts
    2,200
    plus big mo has a nose for the endzone. 16 td's in 8 games as a freshman. will almost definately see some red zone action, although maybe not until the second half of the season.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    768
    Smart move to pick him up, he will be good, he just needs to condition himself and play hard in training camp and preseason. It is a good pickup for the simple fact Bell could be injury prone. I'm not saying he is, but if he gets hurt again, then having a guy like Clarret back there is a awesome. Along side, Q, Anderson, and Dayne. Plus all the fullback/runningback guys. We're cool.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Section 120 Row 26
    Posts
    2,894
    I trust Shanahan's judgement on this one, Bell hasnt stayed healthy and is unproven, Griffin cant cut it, Anderson sat out all last season, Droughns was traded, Hearst is gone, Sapp is a FB and Dayne has stunk since college. Something had to be done, and "gambling" on Clarett with a 3rd rounder is worth it. Shanahan now has a back with enormous potential and tons of motivation.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    So CAL
    Posts
    1,458
    ok...clarrett hasnt played on a year and you say he's gunna come in a nd e a stud!!?!? Tatum wil play unlesss he gets hurt.....now everybody is gunna be a "Clarrett Lover" ..people on these boards are now saying "hes gunna be a stud", "workhorse"...cmon....when shanny said he liked tatum, people started being a "tatum lover", i have been a fan of bell, im stickin with him....dont get me wrong, whoever runs for denver will do good, but i dont like it how people favor one back..i just want a CONSISTENT, and productive back.. Face it, we go through RB's like Toilet paper rolls.....shanny needds to commit to ne back.....
    Go Broncos, Lakers, Angels!

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    3,233
    I think Shanny just has a huge ego and thinks he can turn any RB or QB into a superstar. I really don't think he drafted Mo because of his potential or his skill. I think he did it so that if he can get Clarett a 1000+ yd season he can say "I told you I was right about him". Who couldn't rush for 1000 yds in our system?

    Shanahan always gambles too much especially with draft picks. I think his ego got the best of him this year and we'll pay for it next year when Rod retires, half the D-line are FAs and we can't afford to keep the starters on the O-line. I know we'll have better draft position next year, but Shanny will gamble on some 3rd-4th rounders and take them with our 1st rounders because he thinks he can make them superstars.

    Sorry if I sound pessimistic, but no one on this board can say in good conscience that Clarett was worth a third rounder with guys like Sproles, Pearman, Fason, etc still available. Not that we needed a running back anyway.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Section 120 Row 26
    Posts
    2,894
    Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56
    I think Shanny just has a huge ego and thinks he can turn any RB or QB into a superstar. I really don't think he drafted Mo because of his potential or his skill. I think he did it so that if he can get Clarett a 1000+ yd season he can say "I told you I was right about him". Who couldn't rush for 1000 yds in our system?

    Shanahan always gambles too much especially with draft picks. I think his ego got the best of him this year and we'll pay for it next year when Rod retires, half the D-line are FAs and we can't afford to keep the starters on the O-line. I know we'll have better draft position next year, but Shanny will gamble on some 3rd-4th rounders and take them with our 1st rounders because he thinks he can make them superstars.

    Sorry if I sound pessimistic, but no one on this board can say in good conscience that Clarett was worth a third rounder with guys like Sproles, Pearman, Fason, etc still available. Not that we needed a running back anyway.
    Its simple, the team needed another back and Shanny got the one with the best vision and probably his top rated back, for a 3rd rounder he got for free. This gamble will pay off.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •