Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede
    Its simple, the team needed another back and Shanny got the one with the best vision and probably his top rated back, for a 3rd rounder he got for free. This gamble will pay off.
    You seem to be buying into the BS that Adam Schefter has been shoveling around the league. It was a free pick, but it was a THIRD ROUNDER! You don't just blow those on washed up has beens who haven't strapped on the pads in 2+ years just because they had one good season as a freshman! Wake Up! BTW, what do you consider "paying off" anyone can rush for 1000 yds with us, just cause Mo does at some point doesn't mean he was a good pick!

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56
    You seem to be buying into the BS that Adam Schefter has been shoveling around the league. It was a free pick, but it was a THIRD ROUNDER! You don't just blow those on washed up has beens who haven't strapped on the pads in 2+ years just because they had one good season as a freshman! Wake Up!
    So what Shanahan made the pick and he's smarter than you. Maybe youre the one who's sleeping?

Quote Originally Posted by Thesameold333
    I have to agree with BigPlay....not just because hes my lil bro, and not just because he stole my madden screen name and used it for the message boards but...................if Mo ever gets the chanceto start, he will be great. Its a fact! I know there is a lot of anti- Shannyism these days, but anyone who would question the judgement of our organization, when it comes to drafting running backs immediately loses all credibility in my book.

Shanny is not much different than a fat chic. You see Fat chics have this keen intuition, that always leads them to the promise land of yet another meal. Shannys nose always leads him to the right guy for his running game.

Many of you may not know this but TD was not a fluke> He WAS drafted in the 6th round FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF BEING OUR STARTER. TD was unfortunate to spend most of his time as a back up and suffered some injuries while a Bulldog.
    But whatever film Shanny saw was clearly enough.

So in reality, Clarett will most likely not be toting the rock on opening day. But if Tatum goes down ( which so far looks highly possible ). You can count on all of us flooding the Broncos.com store looking to get our mo Clarett or Ron Dayne Jerseys. Because as long as Shanny is around, there will always be a 1200 yard back in town.

Were you around when TD came on the scene. He was drafted as TC fodder, but surprised EVERYONE. I remember Mike making a comment after one of the preseason games. That this kid is special look forward to seeing him. He made a couple of plays on special teams up till then NADA nothing his name was not mentioned period. By coaches that is heard somestuff on KOA during the T. camp. But nothing about how great a runner he was only about his attitude. How he was dong great on the field knocking people down.

He did not start as RB in the first games but came on strong afterward.

Now for MC he is a quitter, screwed the pooch in OH by getting into trouble. BIG HEAD thought he'd get away with it. Played what 8-9 games in his freshman year. Instead of handling it like a man he BAILED, QUIT on his team. He sued the NFL and lost. Instead of getting ready for the combine he put on weight, when he had bad times in the 40 he QUIT AGAIN. LEFT.

Now perhaps he has seen the light, but lets not have orgasms about his ability until he has played and had some adversity to see if he'll QUIT AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrhampton

Now perhaps he has seen the light, but lets not have orgasms about his ability until he has played and had some adversity to see if he'll QUIT AGAIN.
    Excellent point, that's where the "gamble" part of this pick comes into play.
    Last edited by BroncoStampede; 04-24-2005 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede
    Excellent point, that's where the "gamble" part of this pick comes into play.
    If he works out fine, but as I said before way to early to be orgasmic.

Guys,
    I am from Ohio. I watched Clarett in HS and at THE Ohio State University. This kid is a stud. He wasn't even 18 years old and was trucking people 3-4 years older and bigger than him. He was a monster. And was just a highschooler. He was a man among boys in the NCAA.

Trust me, Mo C is the next Terrell Davis. You'll see!
    [URL=http://www.footballtimes.org]
    [SIZE=2]www.FootballTimes.org[/URL]
    [I]Join our growing football community![/I][/SIZE]
    We buy football articles!
    Free football playbooks, football plays, flag football strategies and plays, backyard football, fantasy football, reviews, articles, coaching, and a discussion forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplayshay84
    If any of you listened to his press conference, he seems like a VERY HUNGRY football player. Clarett will be a work horse for us, and from listening to what he says he will do ANYTHING to help the team. He said that carries don't matter to him, he will work hard and it will pay off for him. What do you guys think of Clarett after seeing his press conference?
    What else would you expect him to say? Time will tell whether or not the old Clarett shows up. I wouldn't get too excited about someone who was desperate to get in the NFL saying how he has changed.

We'll see....
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=4223&type=sigpic&dateline=1244089821

Yes I was around

Quote Originally Posted by Jrhampton

Were you around when TD came on the scene. He was drafted as TC fodder, but surprised EVERYONE. I remember Mike making a comment after one of the preseason games. That this kid is special look forward to seeing him. He made a couple of plays on special teams up till then NADA nothing his name was not mentioned period. By coaches that is heard somestuff on KOA during the T. camp. But nothing about how great a runner he was only about his attitude. How he was dong great on the field knocking people down.

He did not start as RB in the first games but came on strong afterward.

Now for MC he is a quitter, screwed the pooch in OH by getting into trouble. BIG HEAD thought he'd get away with it. Played what 8-9 games in his freshman year. Instead of handling it like a man he BAILED, QUIT on his team. He sued the NFL and lost. Instead of getting ready for the combine he put on weight, when he had bad times in the 40 he QUIT AGAIN. LEFT.

I did not mean to imply that he came in to start right away, what i did mean is that he was drafted to be a starting tail back for the Denver Broncos. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemustgo
    but you can say every good running back in the league has a target on him!! so that really doesnt mean alot!! as far as injuries are conserned..TD was injured every other play at GU as well...give this guy a chance!! this is probally his last chance to regain some kind of carrer

The target on him is not because he is a good back (although he could turn out to be), it's because of all the crap he pulled with the court cases and the type of ego he has to have to pull that crap. Now his ego is probably somewhat deflated after his combine, which he walked off the field before he was finished. If you think defenders aren't licking their chops to put this guy out your smokin!

And for the injuries, it is just another of many reason he was a huge reach in the 3rd. I would be with you saying lets wait and see if we would've picked him in the 6th or 7th and in a few weeks I will probably be there. Right now I'm disappointed in the way our management has their value cards organized and the place we drafted these guys.

No worries in a few weeks I'll be cheering again!

He is not ready

Quote Originally Posted by Aija
    Talk is cheap . Had i been in his situation i'd had said anything to come off good anyway. Give him till the pre season before u start calling him a stud
    He could not control his life while in college, and he has been out of football almost 2 years. He is still not ready, and frankly could be a disaster for us. I woul stick with Mike Anderson and Tatum Bell. They are known facts.

T-Bell still isnt a "known fact" but he is damn close isnt he?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke
    He could not control his life while in college, and he has been out of football almost 2 years. He is still not ready, and frankly could be a disaster for us. I woul stick with Mike Anderson and Tatum Bell. They are known facts.
    The only known fact is our system works no matter who is back there. Clarett has alot of potential and packed full of talent i agree i believe he is the next TD i said that before we drafted him. (i predicted we would get him just not with a 3rd)

Clarett is a good pick

Lets face it we all knew we draft a RB.....I personally had a feeling it would be Clarett. The Mastermind is on his game we got a good draft we stole it with Clarett and got some depth in the DB field. Espically after hearing Clarett speak I am very impressed....seems to have a good head on his shoulders. He acts grateful to have a chance and I think he will take advantage. If you are all like me and I know.....I cant wait to see the 1st preseason game to see him play....it maybe preseason but I cant wait to see what he can do. The upside is wide open! He seemed very honest and geniune and he wants no part in holdouts just wants to play football. I like that in a player. Come on Bronco fans we root for the underdog. Remember what it feels like we used to be the underdog....lets root this guy on I think he deserves it.

Bill Parcells described Clarett perfect "hes cornered he has no choice but to succeed" and i dont think that shanny and company would have taken him at all if they didnt have faith in him. but only time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Broncos
    Guys,
    I am from Ohio. I watched Clarett in HS and at THE Ohio State University. This kid is a stud. He wasn't even 18 years old and was trucking people 3-4 years older and bigger than him. He was a monster. And was just a highschooler. He was a man among boys in the NCAA.

Trust me, Mo C is the next Terrell Davis. You'll see!
    True, but he couldn't stay healthy in his one and only season at Ohio State. I find it a concern that he gave up at the Combine, it may not mean anything but right know I wonder about how much heart he really has.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16