Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC
    If you're talking about Droughns (which I assume you are) up until he came to Denver he had been tailback and at that was a feature back of his team in college so really doesn't surprise me about Droughns.

Honestly I still think that Bell is going to be our starter if he stays healthy. If can do that Clarett wont be able to overtake him.
    I agree that Bell will start....can he play a full season tho?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede
    It's also fair question for Clarett as well. In his one season at Ohio State he played only 7 or 8 games because of injury.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede
    We all are hoping the same. I have more confidence in Bell than I did with Portis.

welshbronco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel51
    We need to step back from these accusations of 'attitude problems' that we are hurling at Maurice Clarett. Put yourself in his position. You come from a poor background and your one gift is you are able to run the ball. You make poor choices because of your youth and your background(being from a poor family) at Ohio State University. I don't buy this crap that Ohio State is shoveling about that stuff (under the counter money, special treatment for players) that Clarett accused them of doing(their Men's basketball team was suspended for violations of the NCAA). STILL, the choice was Clarett's and he made them. So what happens, Ohio State turns their back on him because they get embarrassed. Now, everyone hates him at college, he no longer gets to play football for the team, so he leaves. He sees alot of young guys going straight to the NBA making millions, so he asks, "Why not me?" Whether or not you agree with his decision to sue(I didn't only because of the types of injuries a kid straight out of HS would would encounter if he played in the NFL), you have to admit that he did have a valid arguement. He is just trying to make a living doing what he loves. Well, he wins(at first), and when he gets to the combine he notices how everyone oohs and ahhs over how one of the other RB's was ripped, while Clarett(who basically is still a kid) is not as ripped. He sees this, and thinks that is what I need to do. Well, then they tell him he can't enter the draft. So he decides to begin preparing for the next combine, getting bigger and as ripped as possible. Unfortunately, by adding this weight to his frame, he loses his speed. His agent tells him he is too big and that he is going to have to lose weight before the combine, so MO goes on a diet. He didn't have much fat, so he loses muscle mass. If I am not mistaken he loses 10 to 15 lbs of basically muscle within a month. He is worried about his 40 time, so he trains too hard for it. He even runs in his hotel the night before his workouts. He has a terrible 40 time, gets discouraged thinking all he has worked for is over and is afraid all his other workouts would be just as bad so he refuses to work out anymore. His Pro day, more relaxed, but still too big, he has a better time. Guys, I am glad we picked him up. Like TD said on the NFLNetwork, the Broncos are trying to bring in class players and they wouldn't have picked him if they didn't think he would fit us. From what I understand, Bobby Turner went to bat for him. If anyone knows RBs, its gonna be our RB coach.
    Diesel thanks for putting into words what Ive been thinking too. We all make mistakes especially when were young and I think everyone deserves a second chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplayshay84
    If any of you listened to his press conference, he seems like a VERY HUNGRY football player. Clarett will be a work horse for us, and from listening to what he says he will do ANYTHING to help the team. He said that carries don't matter to him, he will work hard and it will pay off for him. What do you guys think of Clarett after seeing his press conference?
    Hey, I think that if he gets his shot, he should run with it (pun intended.) He should do well, if he is called upon.

I don't think anyone has ever questioned his ability to run with the ball. Well, only those who prolly have not seen him play much.
    Quote Originally Posted by boltzpride619 View Post
    What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by RunByDesign View Post
    True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Thanks Welsh. I see noone else wanted to respond to my statement. Sometimes it is easier to be blind than it is to see. I wasn't making excuses for him, just putting the information out there that I got from reading and watching NFLNetwork. Everything I said is direct from someone else who knows more than me.
    Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
    Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
    Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by diesel51
    Thanks Welsh. I see noone else wanted to respond to my statement. Sometimes it is easier to be blind than it is to see. I wasn't making excuses for him, just putting the information out there that I got from reading and watching NFLNetwork. Everything I said is direct from someone else who knows more than me.
    Well, I'll respond, Diesel. You made a very cogent argument on how problems can crescendo and synergize together to make things look worse than they really are. I think that is what Shanny saw, so he decided to give him a chance. I therefore have no problem with it, especially in the later 3rd round in a relatively thin draft. Frankly, I was aghast that they drafted another RB, but who can argue against the ones they have picked? It doesn't make any difference whether or not we want to give the kid a chance--Shanny's going to, and that's good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC
    Bobby Turner our runningbacks coach knows this kid and has stayed in contact with him over the last couple of years. Turner thinks Clarett is worth the gamble and Shanahan said he trusts Turner's judgement when it comes to runningbacks. All though I'm lukewarm to Clarett being on the team I have to admit with Turner's success it's mighty tough to argue against his assements.

According to one of the interviews I saw last night Mo said he first met him at the combine. And had been in contact with him since. Perhaps Turner has been following him from afar for several years.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVER BRONCO56
    i really think he has changed and he was a great footbal player so, i actually am happy about this pick now
    I think he is just desperate, and wants to kiss butt so that he has a chance. Then once he breaks out ask for a big contract.
    Last edited by nickmeyer; 04-25-2005 at 04:32 PM.
    https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/s4pltBb35iBlrpYyfA6PTSXU4bI=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2924184/cj.0.gif

Quote Originally Posted by AlWilsonOwnsU
    He may be a stud but he'll have to do it behind Tatum Bell and Marine Mike!
    I like Mike Anderson, but he is at best a situational back this year. I think Clarret gets back in shape and becomes #2 on the depth chart. I like Tatum's abilities so I believe he's the guy, but I don't think you've seen the best of Maurice Clarrett yet.. Not only is Anderson coming off a horrific groin injury he's getting old. I don't even think he'll be the starting full back this year.
    Rebuilding sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrhampton
    According to one of the interviews I saw last night Mo said he first met him at the combine. And had been in contact with him since. Perhaps Turner has been following him from afar for several years.
    Yeah Last years combine.
    https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/s4pltBb35iBlrpYyfA6PTSXU4bI=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2924184/cj.0.gif

Quote Originally Posted by nickmeyer
    I think he is jsut desperate, and wants to kiss butt so that he has a chance. Then once he breaks out ask for a big contract.
    I really doubt that. If he makes the pro bowl, then he deserves a big contract, but I don't see this kid begging for a large contract after what he's been through. The kid is humble, not like he was when he played at OSU.

Perhaps Turner has been following him from afar for several years.
    That's the impression that I have of Turners' relationship with Mo.
    Quote Originally Posted by boltzpride619 View Post
    What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by RunByDesign View Post
    True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

I'm pretty sure what was ment was that turn met him at the 04 combine.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Clarett's #?

Any word yet on what Jersey # Maurice will be wearing?