Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My opinion on the chiefs

i think the chiefs are a good team this year. they are not undefeated material tho. granted i think they could go undfeated this year. they are getting lucky. in 3 for their nine games they got lucky. the baltimore game, the denver game, and green bay game.

baltimore: got a nice kick return by Dante hall in the final minutes of the game. granted hall is a great kick return and that was not luck that he returned it. but if KC is so good why did they have to rely on a kick return in the final minutes of the game? and baltimore is not that good this year at all.

Denver: now denver should have one that game big. but they made some mistakes. and plummer was not 100%. but once again relyed on hall for a kick return. why denver kicked it to him in the first place is a question in its self. then u ask how many clips happened on the return? TWO.

green bay: the overtime game. anderson had a field goal blocked. then on the first time the packers got the ball green fell back to college and fumbled it. and KC happened to get another chance.

there are only two game that KC can lose the rest of the year. One the Vikings. and two the KC denver rematch. with a heathy plummer it will only be up to the battered defense of denver to step up. otherwise if kc gets past those two game they are all but home free with a undefeated reg. season.

and dont get me wrong im not a chief fan

After today's win, coupled with the Vikings loss, it appears the only game the Chiefs might lose would be to the Broncos. Also, it's likely the Broncos will have to run the table to get into the playoffs. I'm worried about the Chargers after what Flutie and Tomlinson et al did to the Vikings today.

Originally posted by hacarlson
    Also, it's likely the Broncos will have to run the table to get into the playoffs.
    Run the table to get into the playoffs? Not sure about than one!!
    The dolphins and Broncos have 5-4 records while the next closest teams (Bengals and Bills) have 4-5 records. Miami has a tough schedule and with Griese being the starter, thank you God, it makes things easier on Denver. If Denver finishes 5-2 they are all but in. Of course, if Miami suddenly developes an offense then things could get interesting. I don't think Bengals and Bills, or Ravens if Bengals should pass them some how, can catch up.

The Broncos have to win against the chargers, raiders, bears, browns, and beat either (KC, Indy, or GB) to get in. If they do their job and plummer is healthy, the first four shouldn't be problem. And surely, I pray to God for this, we can beat one of the last three.

Originally posted by rascal
    Run the table to get into the playoffs? Not sure about than one!!
    The dolphins and Broncos have 5-4 records while the next closest teams (Bengals and Bills) have 4-5 records. Miami has a tough schedule and with Griese being the starter, thank you God, it makes things easier on Denver. If Denver finishes 5-2 they are all but in. Of course, if Miami suddenly developes an offense then things could get interesting. I don't think Bengals and Bills, or Ravens if Bengals should pass them some how, can catch up.

The Broncos have to win against the chargers, raiders, bears, browns, and beat either (KC, Indy, or GB) to get in. If they do their job and plummer is healthy, the first four shouldn't be problem. And surely, I pray to God for this, we can beat one of the last three.
    The Patriots game has me mildly concerned about the Broncos' defense. Was their poor performance an aberration or have the losses of Mobley & Gold really diminished the defense this much? They'd better find a way to stop Tomlinson on Sunday or it could be a long rest of the season.

Originally posted by Javalon
    The Patriots game has me mildly concerned about the Broncos' defense. Was their poor performance an aberration or have the losses of Mobley & Gold really diminished the defense this much? They'd better find a way to stop Tomlinson on Sunday or it could be a long rest of the season.
    I was also concerned about the defense, but it was not the running defense, it was the passing defense. And hopefully, Coyer learned not to use that soft zone ever again.

Re: My opinion on the chiefs

I don't know if the Chiefs will be undefeated, but luck comes into play for a team to be undefeated. I'm sure the Dolphins had some luck.

Originally posted by HCbronco07
    and dont get me wrong im not a chief fan
    I bet you're a Marc Boerigter fan though.

Marc Boerigtrer=future NFL star.

Re: Re: My opinion on the chiefs

Originally posted by ChiefsMang
    I don't know if the Chiefs will be undefeated, but luck comes into play for a team to be undefeated. I'm sure the Dolphins had some luck.
    But the Dolphins had 2 fewer games in which they had to be lucky. A sixteen game schedule makes it that much more difficult.

I'm not going to say it's impossible, just unlikely. The Chiefs have a good team and a light schedule and that's a great combination to have. Even though I don't like the Chiefs (being a Broncos' fan) it's still fun to watch them make their run. Every week I'm tuning in to see how they're actually playing whereas I used to just check the score.

I think that whole 16-0 thing is a media big deal more than it is for the fans.

I see more Chiefs fans(around KC) talking about home field advantage and Houston, more than I see them talking about 16-0. But everytime I turn on the radio, some loud mouth media guy is talking about the Dolphins and the undefeated season.

Most Chiefs fans think it is possible, but also believe that the feat itself is almost impossible. And everyone knows where the real prize is, in Houston.

On a side note, I heard that the undefeated Dolphins were actually a 1-2 score underdog for the SuperBowl? Is that right? Sounds like the Dolphins weren't a powerhouse, team crushing machine, but maybe had a weaker schedule and probably a few close games.

Originally posted by FootballFan
    Right u are. I was watching NFL Classic, they were saying that Fish D were not the best but they were opportunistic just like the Chiefs. They did not maintain the best Offense week after week either. 16-0 is nealy impossible but we can care less about 16-0.

All we want is to go to the big dance and dance well enough to get the trophy.
    I assume you meant that you could not care less. If so, I find that hard to believe. Sure, the Super Bowl should be your main goal but who wouldn't want to be the first undefeated team in the NFL since going to a 16 game schedule?

Originally posted by Javalon
    I assume you meant that you could not care less. If so, I find that hard to believe. Sure, the Super Bowl should be your main goal but who wouldn't want to be the first undefeated team in the NFL since going to a 16 game schedule?
    There is no joy in leading an entire race, then losing it on the last lap. The only time that the undefeated season would mean anything is if the team actually wins the SB, then you can look back and be happy

Otherwise, every time someone mentions that undefeated season, the next person will mention they lost the one that counts.

If a team loses one game, and wins the Super Bowl, then the lost game isn't that big of a deal either. Every time someone mentions that season that could have been, the next person will say "who cares, they won the Super Bowl."

Re: Re: My opinion on the chiefs

I bet you're a Marc Boerigter fan though.

Marc Boerigtrer=future NFL star. [/B][/QUOTE]

true i am a boerigter fan. i have to be i played a year with him at hastings college. and the guy is a great ball player. Marc is a good friend of mine.

you do your thing marc and show the nation that you dont have to be from a d-1 school to play in the NFL.

what makes you so sure Denver can beat the Chiefs?

Lucky in 3 games is too much...You can't call KC's comeback in GB luck, then turn around, and give Peyton Manning all the credit in the world for coming back against TB. Manning got two on-side kicks in a row to score td's...that's luck.

Why is Dante Hall considered a "fluke"? He should have 6 kick returns for touchdowns. The one sunday, and in the GB game.

Chiefs are the complete, best team.

Unstoppable offense.

Opportunistic defense.

Amazing special teams.

It's going to take more than luck to beat the Chiefs this year.

All it should take is a trip to Mile High.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 15 Now in progress.

Originally posted by KC03
    Chiefs are the complete, best team.

Unstoppable offense.

Opportunistic defense.

Amazing special teams.
    if thats true, what does that say about us:

unstoppable offense, we held you to about 270 yards overall

opportunistic defense, you were -1 in turnovers that game

Amazing special teams, i'll give you that, but we had dante pretty much contained he had to make an amazing return with a couple clips to score on us

so where do we stack in your opinion?
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Originally posted by horseface
    you stack up as the team that we faced when we played our absolute worst (and still pulled out the win). Congrats.
    oh yeah you played your worst in arrowhead right i forgot well hope you play your best from now on and i hope we do too and we'll see who wins in mile high

BUSTER
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.