Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Originally posted by horseface
    good buster quote...and yes, the Chiefs played their worst game of the season (by far) in Arrowhead against the Broncos. It's funny that their worst is still enough to beat Denver's best.
    its funny how you think that was your worst and our best just cause we dominated you. yeah you won but face it, your not the better team! we did all that in your backyard where you were supposed to have a huge advantage. you think kc can "play their best" in mile high? that browns game is nothing to brag over.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Originally posted by KC03
    what makes you so sure Denver can beat the Chiefs?
    Have you seen the stats on the Broncos-Chiefs game? It was in Kansas City and the Broncos dominated those stats. I don't want to get into the whole blocks in the back issue on Hall's return but the fact is it shouldn't have counted and the Broncos probably win if not for that.

Obviously if Denver is healthy, they can beat the Chiefs. The question is, will they beat the Chiefs.

I'm not silly enough to guarantee a win but I think if anybody can beat the Chiefs, the Broncos can.

I hope that both teams go into that game relatively healthy and that there are no controversial calls or non-calls and let the teams decide who's better that day.

you stack up as the team that we faced when we played our absolute worst (and still pulled out the win). Congrats.
    Okay, what does it say about the Chiefs that they have their most important game to that point of the season, at home, against a rival and, as you claim, played their worst game of the season?

Can they not play their best when it matters the most?

Come on, Horseface. I thought you were the reasonable type that would give your opponents, even the Broncos, credit when they helped your team play their "absolute worst."

yes it is...any time you put up 5 TD's on a team that had only given up 8 total in all of their previous games...you can brag. The Chiefs have looked consistently better than that one game...and it will take much more to beat the Chiefs as they're playing right now. Trent Green just keeps getting better, and now that the passing game is in full effect, they are a completely different team than week 4. SCARY. Don't forget that Priest was also nursing a hip pointer injury against Denver (damn injuries...almost cost us a game).
    Well, i guess Priest is not the best runningback in the league then. You know who is? Jamal Lewis! Yup, Man he is awesome, he broke the record for most yars on a team who only allowed 8 TD before this week! He must be the greatest all time then right.........right?
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

no...he had the best single game. Jamal is great, don't get me wrong, but the Chiefs don't need to rely on one man like the Ravens do with Jamal. Priest does his part...and Trent Green and our receivers do the rest. When you have a QB as hot as Trent Green right now...you don't need to run Priest every play. The Chiefs threw on almost every first down against the Browns. Don't try to match wits with some of the more knowledgeable people here Lava...you're too young...and too much of a "homer."
    look here guy, i dont know what a homer is, but i can match wits with anybody. some things you need to know, i put that post there for a reason, you know what it was? it means the browns defense is not as good as you hope it would be so you can say how good your offense has become. You put up 41 so be happy with that, but that was the SAME offense that put up 24 on the broncos (which is a high number for us but you are a good offensive team) Get that straight first! Then try to tell me what is a homer.

I tried to warn ya.

you are....someone that only knows things about their own players...and thinks that each positional player for their team is the best in the NFL. You talk alot...but hardly ever have anything worthwhile to say.
    Who are you to call me that? I think you are just in a state of shock that a young guy can know so much. Im not a homer, i know the broncos dont have all the best players in the league, but you are the one who is n so much AWE of your great start you think your positional players are so good. If my posts are not worthwhile, why the FU*K are you replying to every post I make.........in every thread........in every room?

Thats what I thought.

I tried to warn ya.

because you make me laugh...it's humerous to listen to you rant and rave about something you know so little about. You are the moron that had the audacity to say that Jake Plummer is "almost" as good as John Elway. That is a disgrace to Bronco and Elway fans everywhere. Plummer will be remembered as mediocre at best when things are said and done...Ol' Horseface will be remembered as one of the BEST EVER. See what I'm saying here, HOMER?
    Yeah what ever, you are just mad cause i already know more than you about football, you may know some old history facts and stuff, but i know more about football. I make you laugh? well i hope you a straight guy cause i dont want to entertain if im "entertaining" to you. Jake will be more than mediocre you just proved how dumb you were when you typed that! If you noticed how good you think trent has become you prove to be a homer by not noticing plumemr has done considerably better that green has in only 5 games of playing here. You can stop me anytime here. Since im a homer, why am i saying the same thing oher broncos fans are saying when it comes to you and your overrated chiefs? You following me here guy? Since im young you wanna rattle me by calling me names but that wont work ill tell ya that right now. You can stop me anytime here guy.

I tried to warn ya.

If I stop you...then who else is gonna make me laugh. Jake has many years of sub-mediocrity to overcome before he evens gets to "mediocre" status...GUY. Plummer has looked good in 4 games thus far...he still has a ton to prove. Plummer has not done "considerably" better than Trent if you look at the numbers...GUY. Their QB ratings are almost identical...and Trent has done it over 9 games...However, I would never say he's "almost" as good as Elway or Montana. He is doing a good job...and is getting better every week. Trent still has a lot to prove...but not near as much as Jake. Jake has a reputation of a perennial "loser" that he STILL needs to overcome. Bottom line...you know very little about football. You don't even know your own team very well. You're all about hype...but nothing about facts. Fact is...you are an idiot...GUY.
    Well if their ratings are similar, why you insist on putting jake down? Jake won 80% of those games so there goes your loser argument. You seem to like the good stats but you never mention the bad. Maybe you dont know enough about football to make comparisons, but when i look at jake i see the exact same style of QB the carried Elway, if you knew about football, you would agree they have similar styles but since your a homer, you think trent green and KC offense is "firing on all cylinders" cause they beat the almighty browns like you knocked them off their throne. Looks like you are the one who really has nothing to say. Start a thread that says "who would you like to see leave this board forever: me or Lava" and see how many people hurt your feelings

And stop using my word BUSTER!

I tried to warn ya.

because you make me laugh...it's humerous to listen to you rant and rave about something you know so little about. You are the moron that had the audacity to say that Jake Plummer is "almost" as good as John Elway. That is a disgrace to Bronco and Elway fans everywhere. Plummer will be remembered as mediocre at best when things are said and done...Ol' Horseface will be remembered as one of the BEST EVER. See what I'm saying here, HOMER?
    I don't mean to interrupt your debate but I'm going to toss in my $.02 anyway.

Jake will never be close to John Elway's level. But he doesn't have to be. So far, it looks like Jake fits Denver's current offensive philosophy to a tee. I don't think it's fair to judge Plummer on his days in Arizona because they just seem to be one of those cursed franchises. Let's wait and judge him and his abilities at the end of next season.

The Broncos and Shanny were really smart and have an option to get rid of him after next season without hurting their salary cap. Shanny thought Jake was a better player than he often appeared on generally bad Cardinals teams and now they can find out without too much risk.

And give Jake a little credit for taking less money in Denver (Chicago offered more) knowing that Denver doesn't have to give him the rest of his signing bonus if he doesn't pan out (Chicago was offering the full bonus up front). He turned his back on more money and guaranteed money to have an opportunity to play with a better offense and determine if he's really a good QB or not.

If he plays like he did earlier this season, he might win a Super Bowl or two down the line or make a Pro Bowl or two. But he'll never be John Elway...then again, who is?

according to this misguided young fool Lava...Plummer is as good as Elway. You are helping me make my point...he has a TON to prove. Lava thinks he's already proven it with 4 good games.
    shut up and quit acting stupid. if you can point out 1 just 1 time where i said plummer was as good as elway the chiefs will win the superbowl 5 times in a row. dont put words in my mouth BUSTER!

I tried to warn ya.

come on guys lets be nice hear. The truth is elway is one of the
    greatest ever even a bronco hater will say that. We will see
    about plummer hopefully he can stay healthy. Now as for the
    CHIEFS..... I feel over all they have the best team and I stress the
    word team. They can win games with the offense--green bay,cleveland,houston,pittsburg and they can win with the defense--oakland,baltimore and denver. Now some are going to
    say that the special teams won that denver game but after D.HALL returned that kick off the broncos got the ball 2 or 3 times
    and couldn't even get a field goal to take the lead. Now some will
    say that the broncos out played the CHIEFS and should have won
    but stats are just that stats you scored 2 touchdowns and 3 field
    goals you were 1st and goal and could not get in you had all and
    I mean all your players no one was hurt and you lost to a good
    football team at thier home stadium, how you lost is irrelevant.
    Now I would argue that the CHIEFS are a better football team than that game and should be undefeated when they come to
    denver for the much hyped rematch and if logic holds up denver
    should win. Even tho I am a diehard CHIEFS fan the broncos
    should win, its in there backyard if the CHIEFS are 12-0 then the
    divison will already be won and 2 games against the bears and
    lions at home will secure homefield so the intensity won't be there
    for the CHIEFS unlike the broncos who will be fighting for a playoff spot knowing that baltimore,dolphins or somebody is on
    there tail and @ greenbay and @indy is still to come so the
    broncs will give it there all as opposed to the CHIEFS will just want to get out of there without injury. Now on the other hand if
    the CHIEFS go out and win in denver then they probably wrap up
    the whole confrence, rest the big boys for the remainder of the
    season( play a little against the bears and lions..) and get ready
    for the post-season. So if the CHIEFS are undefeated when they
    come to denver it is over. Barring injury, ----CHIEFS IN THE SUPERBOWL. The only team in the afc who has a balance attack
    that can come to ARROWHEAD is...................denver but if denver
    makes the playoffs they will have to play 2 big road games at the
    end of the season ( Indy and Greenbay) then a road playoff game
    then at ARROWHEAD even with your starting line backers back
    a true realist cant like those odds for the broncos and again no
    team that is not balanced on offense can come to ARROWHEAD and beat the CHIEFS. I almost forgot the colts still have big games
    on there schedule and the titans will probably win that division
    meaning the colts will have to go to probably baltimore or tennese
    in january can't like those odds and they then must come to new
    england or ARROWHEAD can't like those odds so with that said and lets be real steve mcnair won't beat a good team on the
    road that has very good balance as a matter of fact no team will
    so considering the road should go through KC and we are probably the most balanced in the nfl ..................CHIEFS IN THE SUPERBOWL....

DENVER is always tough dude. I think Denver would be right with everyone else in the AFC, probably 7-2, 6-3 if Plummer didn't go down.

You have to admit, Denver played it's best game thus far this year against KC. It's not like the Broncos have played like that all year, if you had, then you would be like 7-2.

Chiefs got Denver's "A Gameplan", Denver got Chiefs "B Gameplan"

DENVER is always tough dude. I think Denver would be right with everyone else in the AFC, probably 7-2, 6-3 if Plummer didn't go down.

You have to admit, Denver played it's best game thus far this year against KC. It's not like the Broncos have played like that all year, if you had, then you would be like 7-2.

As you mentioned before... That was before Plummer went down and after the Chiefs game, when Plummer was just starting to click on all cylinders we were 5-1. We could be easily 8-1 at this time but we are not.

Hopefully Plummer can pick up where he started and not have too much rust.
    Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

I dont know about this
    i think denver played their best, but i also think KC played their best too. they had some high points. we kept them from being consistent and you kept us from getting in the endzone on those 3 plays from the 1 yard line. There is 4 points we lost. then, when your kicker was allowed to kick twice there was 3 more points for you. the point is, our mistake cost us points and your mistake gave you points. not to mention the return by hall. it was a funny game but we were on the short hand side

I tried to warn ya.

oooh no. There is no way that was the Chief's best game.

Nor would it have been Denver's if Plummer had stayed healthy.