Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 46 to 59 of 59
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    5,077
    Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco16
    I think you need to sit down and be quiet.........
    Really well become a man first, then speak like that! I work in the business kid! Do you? You may play but there is a big difference in the X's and O's besides being a player, but you will one day learn that... And maybe a little respect for those whom can talk the talk cause they walk the walk!

    It takes a lot more then athletic ability to play, and I know Van Pelt personally. Do you? He is a good kid, but I do not think he has what it takes to be in the NFL, I am really surprised a team even drafted him, I figured he would go on to do something else, but the Broncos did draft him, but that does not say a lot in my book, they drafted Matt Mauck and Jarious Jackson both also 7th rounders, Denver has a thing for drafting crap quarterbacks, the only one to so far show anything was Griese and now he is gone.
    ...Master Protagonist...

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    5,365
    Phh, since you know the guy personally, does that mean you know more than we do wether or not he is ready for the NFL? No, he was a top 5 quarterback his senoir year with CSU. Mauck wasnt, even with the system.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by BVP
    Whatever guys. You guys just think Mauck is all big and bad, but he is only good because he came from a school with talent around him. BVP did it without that kind of help.

    A good athlete that played for a second rate school in a second rate conference.

    He is toast unless he wants to convert to another postion. Will not make through TC as a QB once he gets some throwing done and they get into once a day sessions they have no further use for him unless someone gets hurt.

    His future in the Not For Long is not at QB.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Southern California But Originally From Brooklyn, New York!
    Posts
    442
    Yeah, get rid of Danny Kanell and while we're at it, get rid of Jake Plummer as well after the 2005 season. I want a new starting QB by way of the NFL Draft.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [COLOR="orange"][B]In A Room Called Real, I Stay Forever![/B][/COLOR]

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    5,077
    Quote Originally Posted by BVP
    Phh, since you know the guy personally, does that mean you know more than we do wether or not he is ready for the NFL? No, he was a top 5 quarterback his senoir year with CSU. Mauck wasnt, even with the system.
    Actually, yeah it does, I know Lubick and their style, I know Van Pelt and his abilities and he was not a top 5 quarterback in his career, maybe in the confrence which is weak, but not in the overall college quarterback ratings... Where you got that from, well I do not know, but very untrue. And Lubick is a great guy as is Ehlers, Stanard and Ward, they are all great guys, but they coach in a weak division and do okay here and there. But they are the local college that gets CU's leftovers... I mean look at it like this Out of the top four athletic colleges in Colorado (Northern Colorado, Colorado, Colorado State and Air Force Academy) CSU has had less blue chip prospects then any of the other four colleges! Well that tells a lot, more athletes go to AFA, NC and CU, well I guess because Lubick was his coach then he is all american, soon to be All Pro and the next great next to Manning! Very Daft, your a homer, but for a crap college team!

    And by the way Mauck was a system quarterback, that is why LSU is always so competetive, they are and remain a stedfast system that produces. And at least you know he has some talent, they are not in CSU's confrence that is a plus... Nothing bad on the mountain confrence but the WAC has more talent since the split!
    ...Master Protagonist...

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,758
    Kanell stays because there is simply no-one else to take his place!

    Shanahan TRIED desparately to "get rid of Kanell"! He tried everything he could do to land Jeff Garcia, but Garcia spurned his offer.

    What does that tell you?

    1. Shanahan has no great amount of confidence in Kanell or he wouldn't have gone after Garcia.

    2. Shanahan has no confidence at all in Van Pelt or Mauch as back-ups, since he tried to sign Garcia and DID sign Friehauff. Only 3 QBs can make the team. Either Van Pelt or Mauch will be cut, maybe BOTH! At least that will end the pointless nonsense from Van Pelt & Mauch boosters on this site!

    3. Friehauff isn't ready to do anything but hold a clipboard for the next 2 seasons. If he ever amounts to anything it will be in 2007. Most likely, his greatest use will be to run the backup team in practices, just like Jarious Jackson did before him.

    And remember all the "ink" wasted on Jackson's endlessly elusive "promise" & "up-side potential"?! He was "promising" right up to the time he was cut and another "promising" 7th round draft choice took his place.

    Mauch & Van Pelt are the same.

    Face it, we're stuck with Kanell! Like the old song says: "You're all I've got tonight! I need you! Tonight!"

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    5,077
    Quote Originally Posted by Cugel
    Kanell stays because there is simply no-one else to take his place!

    Shanahan TRIED desparately to "get rid of Kanell"! He tried everything he could do to land Jeff Garcia, but Garcia spurned his offer.

    What does that tell you?

    1. Shanahan has no great amount of confidence in Kanell or he wouldn't have gone after Garcia.

    2. Shanahan has no confidence at all in Van Pelt or Mauch as back-ups, since he tried to sign Garcia and DID sign Friehauff. Only 3 QBs can make the team. Either Van Pelt or Mauch will be cut, maybe BOTH! At least that will end the pointless nonsense from Van Pelt & Mauch boosters on this site!

    3. Friehauff isn't ready to do anything but hold a clipboard for the next 2 seasons. If he ever amounts to anything it will be in 2007. Most likely, his greatest use will be to run the backup team in practices, just like Jarious Jackson did before him.

    And remember all the "ink" wasted on Jackson's endlessly elusive "promise" & "up-side potential"?! He was "promising" right up to the time he was cut and another "promising" 7th round draft choice took his place.

    Mauch & Van Pelt are the same.

    Face it, we're stuck with Kanell! Like the old song says: "You're all I've got tonight! I need you! Tonight!"
    Nice post Cugel!!!

    ...Master Protagonist...

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Odessa, TX.
    Posts
    11,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Snk16
    Ravens no Pats yes. I'm not even sure if that was him........ I think it was our RBs, D and WRs........I forget........I don't hate the guy but right now I don't really see much use for him...........
    Well I don't think Shanahan will just discard him without making sure someone else is capable being the no. 2 qb. Mauck, Friehauf, and BVP are untested. If Plummer were to go down I rather have back up with starting experience in there. Now should Danny be released Mauck atm is the most capable of leading the team imo I don't BVP is and I haven't seen Freihauf play.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 05-23-2005 at 07:26 PM.
    John 11: 25-27

    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

    http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

    Thanks Snk16

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    13,488
    Quote Originally Posted by lancane
    Actually, yeah it does, I know Lubick and their style, I know Van Pelt and his abilities and he was not a top 5 quarterback in his career, maybe in the confrence which is weak, but not in the overall college quarterback ratings... Where you got that from, well I do not know, but very untrue. And Lubick is a great guy as is Ehlers, Stanard and Ward, they are all great guys, but they coach in a weak division and do okay here and there. But they are the local college that gets CU's leftovers... I mean look at it like this Out of the top four athletic colleges in Colorado (Northern Colorado, Colorado, Colorado State and Air Force Academy) CSU has had less blue chip prospects then any of the other four colleges! Well that tells a lot, more athletes go to AFA, NC and CU, well I guess because Lubick was his coach then he is all american, soon to be All Pro and the next great next to Manning! Very Daft, your a homer, but for a crap college team!

    And by the way Mauck was a system quarterback, that is why LSU is always so competetive, they are and remain a stedfast system that produces. And at least you know he has some talent, they are not in CSU's confrence that is a plus... Nothing bad on the mountain confrence but the WAC has more talent since the split!
    UNC gets more than CSU, Cane? UNC is my alma mater, a Division II school. That surprises me.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    5,077
    Quote Originally Posted by topscribe
    UNC gets more than CSU, Cane? UNC is my alma mater, a Division II school. That surprises me.
    Yep and it should but the fact of UNC having a nicer campus better overall education and more is what gives it that luster. In the past 10 years UNC has had more blue chip prospects from within the state even over CU. How scary is that. While most Colorado youths want out of the state. CU is a haven for lackluster talent anymore, CSU is one of the ugliest and more crappy looking colleges in the state and the Air Force Academy, well is the Air Force Academy, enough said... And though schools like CU, CSU, UNC and AFA get many out of state kids, fewer top prospects sign anymore overall. How many Colorado College athletes succeed in the NFL? Very few, the schools are more education then athletic based anymore. Denver University gets more prospects for hockey alone, almost as many as all four get for football.
    ...Master Protagonist...

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    13,488
    Quote Originally Posted by lancane
    Yep and it should but the fact of UNC having a nicer campus better overall education and more is what gives it that luster. In the past 10 years UNC has had more blue chip prospects from within the state even over CU. How scary is that. While most Colorado youths want out of the state. CU is a haven for lackluster talent anymore, CSU is one of the ugliest and more crappy looking colleges in the state and the Air Force Academy, well is the Air Force Academy, enough said... And though schools like CU, CSU, UNC and AFA get many out of state kids, fewer top prospects sign anymore overall. How many Colorado College athletes succeed in the NFL? Very few, the schools are more education then athletic based anymore. Denver University gets more prospects for hockey alone, almost as many as all four get for football.
    Man, that's a dreary picture. Bring back McCartney! (Wasn't that his name?) He might have coached CU, which I place third in the state in my preferences, but at least he put the state on the map! Whatever happened to Lubick? Boy, I've lost touch out here in the middle of the desert!

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    5,077
    Quote Originally Posted by topscribe
    Man, that's a dreary picture. Bring back McCartney! (Wasn't that his name?) He might have coached CU, which I place third in the state in my preferences, but at least he put the state on the map! Whatever happened to Lubick? Boy, I've lost touch out here in the middle of the desert!
    Yep exactly... McCartney was a good coach and then of course CU and the scandal crap is hurting the team even worse now. Lubick is a great guy and a good coach, but with local top prospects not going to the bigger colleges here, the talent level goes down. If I had to pick to play for a local University, Colorado and Colorado State would both be out of the picture. I would pick UNC or maybe cross the state line and go to UW. But I would not choose CU or CSU, especially as a way to go to the pros. Do you remember the last top blue chip prospect CSU even had? A quarterback named Moses Moreno.... Remember him? Yeah, well he was 90 times better then Van Pelt and look where he is at now! Remember the early 90's? Everyone in Colorado was on the Big 12 bandwagon, and Colorado prospects were among the elite filling rosters for OU, OSU, ISU, CU, TT, UT, KSU, KU, BU, UN, TAM and UM... These schools still retain more of the Colorado blue chips, but it is not how it once was. Really sad if you think about it!



    Oh well, my whole point is Van Pelt whom is not a top quarterback and a good athlete has proven nothing and is not worth the paper his name is printed on. And even if your CSU fan, you should realize that the likelyhood of any CSU football player in the pros making it, is well against the odds....
    ...Master Protagonist...

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    9,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoballa2684
    lol no........hes the reason we lost both games.
    No, Deltha O'neal is the reason the Broncos lost the NE game.

    That, and oh, the Pats outplayed and outcoached the Broncos.

    Kanell had a very good game.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared
    No, Deltha O'neal is the reason the Broncos lost the NE game.

    That, and oh, the Pats outplayed and outcoached the Broncos.

    Kanell had a very good game.

    Considering he had limited time learning the system and If I remember coprrectly he was playing with the flu.

    Some people need a reason not to like Danny. Tis not the reason this time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •