Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Would loss help Chiefs?

The experts think so and so do I...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...today/11952584
    Ozzy [img]http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/aktion/action-smiley-035.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/musik/music-smiley-011.gif[/img]
    The "New Black Sabbath"

Re: Would loss help Chiefs?

Originally posted by ozzy_osbourne
    The experts think so and so do I...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...today/11952584
    It definitely seems to make sense. I think a loss could be a good thing...as long as it doesn't come in the post-season.

I remember when the Broncos lost after going 13-0. So many of the players expressed the same feelings: It always sucks to lose a game but it was a relief to not feel that building pressure anymore.

Obviously, not all of them felt that way. But a lot seemed to.
    Last edited by Javalon; 11-14-2003 at 12:00 PM.

Vermeil is of the thinking that losses help no one.

I'm going to agree and just pray they can rise above the pressure.

They don't expect to go undefeated. But they also can't wake up every morning expecting to lose.

Originally posted by Mer
    Vermeil is of the thinking that losses help no one.

I'm going to agree and just pray they can rise above the pressure.

They don't expect to go undefeated. But they also can't wake up every morning expecting to lose.
    No doubt. I would in no way suggest that they should try to lose a game. You obviously give it your best shot every time you take the field.

But would it be helpful? There's decent logic to support the possibility.

And if one is good, I say give 'em seven!!!
    Honoring those who protect that which is worth protecting.

With all this horse poop, there's got to be a pony in here somewhere.

Originally posted by LawDog
    And if one is good, I say give 'em seven!!!
    Heh, spoken like a true Broncos fan. Good job!

Originally posted by Mer
    I believe that's the reason for this line of thinking. Sure, they don't expect to go undefeated, but after a 9-0 start you definitely have some players (and many others) thinking that it might just happen. In other words, with each additional win there comes more expectations (from everyone) that they'll go undefeated. The fear then is that the focus comes away from the task at hand; (winning the game for that week.) Once a team loses then there's no chance to go undefeated so the object that caused the loss of focus is out of the equation.

Just lose, baby!!!

I guess my reasoning is that WE can make all the expectations that we want.

Just as long as the players don't expect anything more than to play their best on that particular Sunday.

Cliches begin from truth. Vermeil just needs to keep pounding the fact that nothing more than Sunday matters...

However, if I must pick a game to lose, it had better not be on 12/7.

Originally posted by Mer
    Speaking of which... we had the "Time to eat some crow..." bet going for the first round of DEN -vs- KC. We should try to do something fun in this one as well. Granted.. smack talking will be a gimme, but what's a safe yet effective way of raising the stakes some on this game? Any ideas ??

Something like... Dependant upon who wins, all the opposing regulars that post here would have to write a 50 word post on a specific thread that glorifies the greatness of the other team. <shrug> this is just an idea... nothing more. What do ya all think?

Nuff said...
    [IMG]http://www.commonlinq.com/chris/nola.jpg[/IMG]
    Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
    ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Originally posted by NOLABroncofan
    Speaking of which... we had the "Time to eat some crow..." bet going for the first round of DEN -vs- KC. We should try to do something fun in this one as well. Granted.. smack talking will be a gimme, but what's a safe yet effective way of raising the stakes some on this game? Any ideas ??

Something like... Dependant upon who wins, all the opposing regulars that post here would have to write a 50 word post on a specific thread that glorifies the greatness of the other team. <shrug> this is just an idea... nothing more. What do ya all think?

Nuff said...
    I don't think the opposition can write that many words, so I think we should keep it simple for the less fortunate folks…
    Ozzy [img]http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/aktion/action-smiley-035.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/musik/music-smiley-011.gif[/img]
    The "New Black Sabbath"

I would be game for that.

I'm sure not everyone would do it, but I think it's a fun idea.

Originally posted by Mer
    I think losing a "look past" game to Cinci, especially if it is fairly close would probably help take the pressure off the balance of the season. However, since I am a true Broncos fan, I would rather see a loss against the Broncos. It is less of a tension reliever and more of a small voice in the back of the head that plants the seed of self doubt and grows and flourishes into a complete melt down. Mmmm, wouldn't that be tasty?
    Honoring those who protect that which is worth protecting.

With all this horse poop, there's got to be a pony in here somewhere.

Originally posted by horseface
    I think that whoevers team wins should get the honor of kicking the holy hell out of Dante26, KCdomination, and all other worthless trolls on the board while the losing fans have to hold them and don't get to participate in the decimation. Believe me...that would just give me another reason to really want to win on Dec. 7th.
    I could go along with this, but unfortunately... they'd just show up with another board name and ruin the fun. I do agree with the specific names you mentioned though... Looks like idiocy is clearly seen by both the KC and Denver fans.

Nuff said...
    [IMG]http://www.commonlinq.com/chris/nola.jpg[/IMG]
    Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
    ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

I would hate to be limited to only 50 words when writing about our vanquishers, but count me in.

Originally posted by NOLABroncofan

Nuff said...
    Im down with that

If you take what I have to say seriously, then I'm embarrassed for you.