Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003
    im not sure why ppl are making fun of the fact that we got some cleveland players. they were some good players at a need position, the best available.

courtney brown was a great signing, we beat 2 top D's ('skins and bucs) to his sig. warren is a good DT and ekuban can pass rush. myers is versatile. talking to cleveland fans they actually loved there DL before the injuries when they dropped in the rankings.

also, tim couch would be a great pick-up. kanell is not very good and couch would be an improvement. he was a #1 pick about 4-5 years ago and is a very good player. i know alot of brown fans that HATED butch davis for sticking with holcomb when couch had so much potential.
    I agree with your points, it wasn't like Shanahan going to Cleveland with a shopping cart and said "give me this guy.... this other guy.... oh, these two are in a 2x1 deal, I'm taking them...", I think it was a good deal, and things happened that way without being planned, but, you have to appreciate the irony, and this whole story could be funny, especially if Couch also comes!

About Couch, I saw him in a few games during that good Cleveland season, and he played pretty well. Then, I lost track of him and last thing I knew is that he was a back-up and lately was cut. I don't know what went wrong with him. The discouraging part is that last year he tryed with teams (Green Bay was a case) but he wasn't good enough to have the job, so that could be bad news.

But who knows, if he comes to compete, that's only good news, even if he only comes to put more pressure and to force the guys to work harder.
    Last edited by Amigo_Bronco; 06-06-2005 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003
    im not sure why ppl are making fun of the fact that we got some cleveland players. they were some good players at a need position, the best available.

courtney brown was a great signing, we beat 2 top D's ('skins and bucs) to his sig. warren is a good DT and ekuban can pass rush. myers is versatile. talking to cleveland fans they actually loved there DL before the injuries when they dropped in the rankings.

also, tim couch would be a great pick-up. kanell is not very good and couch would be an improvement. he was a #1 pick about 4-5 years ago and is a very good player. i know alot of brown fans that HATED butch davis for sticking with holcomb when couch had so much potential.
    We were making fun because we have a sense of humor.

-----

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Knight
    Tim Couch is the biggest CHODE the world has ever seen.

I'd rate Ryan Leaf, Blair Thomas, Dan Wilkinson, and Andre Ware above Couch on the Chode scale, no problem.

Another Brownie to Dove Valley?

This just in from KFFL.com

Broncos | Could Invite Couch to Camp - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 5 Jun 2005 08:18:50 -0700

Tony Grossi, of the Plain Dealer, reports if free agent QB Tim Couch (Packers) can get his shoulder fully healthy, the Denver Broncos might invite him to training camp.
    [img]http://www.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Images/Top%20Stories/2004/lynch_john_040809.jpg[/img]

NO NO NO

I dont mind the Browns d-linemen, but Tim Couch? That's just absurd. He did nothing for the Browns during his time there, and he didnt even make the team for the Packers. Ive been putting up with everything this offseason but if for some freak reason, Shanahan signs Couch. Id be ticked off.

This is going too far now. Tim Couch? If he passes the physical it will be b a r e l y. He has no arm strength left. Id rather take my chances on clipboard Kannell or wait to see if any other options become available. Please no Tim Couch to the final roster, its a waste of space.

It would just be a camp invite, so its not like there is any commitment or raoster space involved.

Mind you, if you can't be a clipbaord holder in Green Bay, then you can't do it anywhere. So I am not saying it would be a good move to put him on the team, but I also see no negative to simply offering a camp invite.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared
    It would just be a camp invite, so its not like there is any commitment or raoster space involved.

Mind you, if you can't be a clipbaord holder in Green Bay, then you can't do it anywhere. So I am not saying it would be a good move to put him on the team, but I also see no negative to simply offering a camp invite.
    Well, I can see Couch as an improvement to Kanell.

I can see my sister as an improvement to Kanell though.

Boy are they going to be laughing at Denver around the league if Shanahan signs Couch!

"Give us your injured, your underachieving huddled masses, yearning to breath free."

What's that 5 players and 1 coach from the Browns now so far?

The only thing I can say for Couch over Kannell is at least he's won a few games (even made the playoffs once) and that was with a team that couldn't hold the Broncos' jocks.

Tim Couch to be at Broncos Training Camp?

Broncos | Could Invite Couch to Camp - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 5 Jun 2005 08:18:50 -0700

Tony Grossi, of the Plain Dealer, reports if free agent QB Tim Couch (Packers) can get his shoulder fully healthy, the Denver Broncos might invite him to training camp.

Ki-Jana Carter is also stopping by.

I always like Couch and I feel that he got the raw end of the stick with the Browns. Hopefully Denver signs him and he becomes a starter somewhere. The only reason that Couch is out of the NFL is because of Butch Davis. Couch is listed as a bust but is he really? I feel he isn't.

I wouldn't mind having him as a backup behind Plummer. He just hasn't been witht he right team, which is causing him to suck. If he goes to the right team that has some good players on offense and defense, maybe he would have a chance, and maybe even make it to the pro-bowl.

Did you hear? John Elway cloned himself and is going to be in training camp as well! WOO
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Yes . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MoFo_JoRo
    Did you hear? John Elway cloned himself and is going to be in training camp as well! WOO
    I hear he is coming back as Kordell Stewart, not actually Couch.

I also hear that Mauck is Steve DeBerg reincarnated.

-----