Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by topscribe
    I hear he is coming back as Kordell Stewart, not actually Couch.

I also hear that Mauck is Steve DeBerg reincarnated.
    -----
    Actually Steve DeBerg had more talent than Mauch. DeBerg actually started for a few years after all. Not that he was great mind you, but he did play for 17 years in the league. That's not easy and not many in the history of the NFL will ever do that!

I'm not a big fan of DeBerg's but check out this eulogy to his career:
    " DeBerg's statistics stack up among the all-time greats:

More passing yards (34,241) than Young (33,124), Troy Aikman (32,942) and Ken Anderson (32,838), the player whose game film Walsh used as a teaching guide for his famed West Coast offense.
    More touchdown passes (196) than Ken Stabler (194), Joe Namath (173) and Aikman (165).
    More completions (2,874) than Johnny Unitas (2,830), Young (2,667) and Phil Simms (2,576).
    Higher completion percentage (57.2) than Elway (56.9), Bob Griese (56.2) and Terry Bradshaw (51.9)."

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel
    Actually Steve DeBerg had more talent than Mauch. DeBerg actually started for a few years after all. Not that he was great mind you, but he did play for 17 years in the league. That's not easy and not many in the history of the NFL will ever do that!

I'm not a big fan of DeBerg's but check out this eulogy to his career:
    Yes, bad example. He did go color-blind (in terms of interceptions) in the twighlight of his career, but he managed some good things here, too. Thanks for pointing that out.

-----

The Denver Browncos. Funny stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by oaklandxraiderx
    The Denver Browncos. Funny stuff.
    It'll go down into history as either a stroke of genius or a point of humor.
    Super Bowls or not, this may be Shanny's legacy, one way or another.

-----

Cleveland is cursed, and if the D-Lineman we brought in kick butt that we would be the stamp of approval!

Browns fan here. You guys got it all wrong. The browns aren't the broncos practice squad. I believe the broncos are the browns dumpster. We're just dropping off all of our trash.

CHARLIE FRYE IS THE FUTURE

Yes, and thanks . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Samdog007
    Browns fan here. You guys got it all wrong. The browns aren't the broncos practice squad. I believe the broncos are the browns dumpster. We're just dropping off all of our trash.
    Welcome to the boards!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Browns organization for opening their doors to our pillaging and plundering. Shanny's latest comments on Warren were sparkling. League-wide consensus is that Courtney Brown is a beast when healthy, and he is nearly recovered and completely healthy for the first time in years. Because we do not have the sleazy set up, as the Browns do, we can afford to let our guys heal.

Ekuban got eight sacks in 10 games last year, playing on a bum leg and with virtually one arm. You lost a lot when you tossed him out. And Myers is an asset to any organization. You must admit that or go learn something about football.

What did you get from all this? A 4th round draft choice and a RB who could not even crack the rotation (he was a FB) until Anderson, Bell, and Griffin all went down with injuries.

So I am so grateful that the Browns allowed us to go dumpster diving there.

Hey! You got any draft choices left? I think we can get Jason Baker back to work out something with you . . . .

-----

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    Alright... Brown, Warren, Ekuban, Myers- they can live up to their full potential.

Couch just sucks!

I don't see any reason to stress over Couch possibly being invited to camp. It in no way is equivalent to him making the team. There were quite a few people on this board two years ago who felt the exact same way about Kanell.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

if his shoulder has healed hes worth a look anyway.
    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

What exactly was so bad about Couch? I never saw him play, his stats aren't good, but they're about what i'd expect from a browns QB with that supporting cast and coaching. Was his arm just straight up bad? Or did he suck at being a leader?
    http://img328.imageshack.us/img328/1...osig6ed9xr.jpg
    I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
    ABWRFRC

Quote Originally Posted by Samdog007
    CHARLIE FRYE IS THE FUTURE
    Reports out of Cleveland from the Sporting News and other sources (NFL Radio) say that Charlie Frye has been a big dissapointment in early mini camp and OTAs. Normally, a rookie QB looks good in shorts and a helmet, but for him to struggle as much is not a good sign. Arm strength has been one of the major letdowns. So if that is your future...well...great...good luck with that...

charlie frye aint the furture

Darius Watts is the future
    [IMG]http://img202.echo.cx/img202/3716/harold7rt.gif[/IMG]
    [SIZE=1]thanx to TMHG[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=Red]
    Atwater makes the hit
    Woodson makes the pick
    Lott takes it back[/COLOR][/SIZE]

All for respect this is how the game should be played

If i was the only one to see Tim Couch suit up for a Pre-season game for the Packers, let me be able to tell you that he couldn't throw anything. All his throws were underthrown and inaccurate. and as we all know he didn't even make it on the depth chart, let alone the practice squad. I'm not a big fan of Kanell either but Couch is not the answer.

is Jeff Blake still available too?

Quote Originally Posted by OhNoKoolAid
    Reports out of Cleveland from the Sporting News and other sources (NFL Radio) say that Charlie Frye has been a big dissapointment in early mini camp and OTAs. Normally, a rookie QB looks good in shorts and a helmet, but for him to struggle as much is not a good sign. Arm strength has been one of the major letdowns. So if that is your future...well...great...good luck with that...

Charlie didnt have very good arm strength to begin with. he is more of an accurate passer.

I think Charlie will be fine. maybe its the opposite of what you said......

Normally, a rookie QB looks good in shorts and a helmet, but for him to struggle as much is not a good sign.
    maybe he doesnt do well in shorts and a helmet...........but does great in full pads playing in a game

None of the Broncos backup QBs are the "future". They are all scrubs.

Clearly that's Shanahan's opinion anyway! If he thought either Mauch or Van Pelt were going to be even an acceptable #2 QB, why sign another project?

So the Broncos future isn't tied to any of these guys. Jake has a few good years left in him, and now is not the time to start grooming a replacement -- in the opinion of Shanahan of course.

Instead, look to Shanahan to put one of the "development" QBs on the development squad and cut 2.

Since Kanell just agreed to a pay cut, he'll probably stay and be the backup QB on the active roster and Shanahan will keep his fingers crossed that he never has to use him.
    Last edited by Cugel; 07-11-2005 at 12:48 PM.