Hybrid View

Maurice may workout??

After seeing him in person i have to say that all of the hype around his 40 time and his extra weight is pretty much just that. he has gotten down to 234 and he is much quicker than most people think, not only that we have to admit that he has some of the same attributes that TD has...great hip swerve, a great burst in the hole, great vision and much like TD he is not fast but very quick and very agile just what fits into our scheme. i admit that when we first drafted him i was in huge doubt of his work ethic but now that he is working with Dayne and Anderson his attitude has changed and his work ethic has vastly improved. and now that Kubiak has gotten him to become a downhill runner instead of one that waits for his hole to open he can use the his powerful leg-drive to blast into the secondary. dont get me wrong i dont think he will have 60 or 70 yard runs but he can be just like Anderson was a couple of years ago and have several runs that go for 30-40 yards which we could use. we cannot expect to get that type of consistancy from Bell because he lacks the power to run inside and insists upon getting away from his blockers...that has been his problem since he started at OSU. Clarett can and will learn from Anderson and the fact that he will be lead blocking for Clarett he will quickly find out that mike knows what he is doing. While Clarett may have a lot of questions about his past habits and off the field problems but he also has the potential to be one of the great backs in the league as long as he learns from his past mistakes and continues to use the work ethic that Mike and Ron have gotten him hooked on.

I wouldn't be so fast to put the carriage ahead of the horse, just yet.
    MA will be fighting for a rb position firstly......not fb.

If MC even gets into a game this year, it'll be towards the end of the season, or out of necessity.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Exactly . . .

Clarett isn't going anywhere, regarding any potential cut from the squad. He is their "project" at running back, and you don't cut projects. I still don't think he will make much of a splash this year, for want of game experience and the need to get into top football shape and become orientated to the overall speed at the pro level.

I do disagree with one thing. When he finally does get in there on a consistent basis--and I think he will at least by 2006--you will see 60 and 70 yard runs from him occasionally. Despite my repeating it over and over, a lot of people still don't realize his college time was 4.45. For all his attributes that are similar to TD's, that time is way faster than TD's was.

Thanks for sharing your insight with us.

-----

I saw him a while back in an Iowa-Ohio State game, he just ran over the hawkeyes (squawkeyes) defense. He did it all by himself too. Lol. After every run I remember hearing "Clarett the ball carrier, 12 yard rush", "Clarett the ball carrier, 9 yard rush", "Clarett the ball carrier, 15 yard rush", "Clarett the ball carrier, 10 yard rush" "Clarett the ball carrier, 18 yard rush" On and on and on all day.
    http://i38.tinypic.com/24et8v5.jpg
    Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
    RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
    Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
    -Kobe Bryant-

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidBlue
    I saw him a while back in an Iowa-Ohio State game, he just ran over the hawkeyes (squawkeyes) defense. He did it all by himself too. Lol. After every run I remember hearing "Clarett the ball carrier, 12 yard rush", "Clarett the ball carrier, 9 yard rush", "Clarett the ball carrier, 15 yard rush", "Clarett the ball carrier, 10 yard rush" "Clarett the ball carrier, 18 yard rush" On and on and on all day.
    Iowa didn't have Jacksonville's "monster" defensive line. As SOOOO many people on this board have pointed out over and over again, college success does not translate automatically to NFL success, especially when it's only one season and it was two years ago.
    I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/38/382629.jpg

Congratulations Oklahoma Sooners - 2006 Big 12 Champions!!!!!

http://www.usmint.gov/images/mint_pr.../NE_winner.gif
    Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

I was wondering if Mike doesn't get the job and becomes r starting fullback do u think he will be to mad at the position he is at and not give much effort?
    Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

Not applicable . . .

Quote Originally Posted by KnightOLB53
    I was wondering if Mike doesn't get the job and becomes r starting fullback do u think he will be to mad at the position he is at and not give much effort?
    Bobby Turner said MA is not a fullback. Period.

-----

Quote Originally Posted by mrsolo
    Iowa didn't have Jacksonville's "monster" defensive line. As SOOOO many people on this board have pointed out over and over again, college success does not translate automatically to NFL success, especially when it's only one season and it was two years ago.
    I take it you're not a Clarett fan, Mrsolo?

-----

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe
    I take it you're not a Clarett fan, Mrsolo?

-----
    Something tells me he likes Q, just a hunch.

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe
    Clarett isn't going anywhere, regarding any potential cut from the squad. He is their "project" at running back, and you don't cut projects. I still don't think he will make much of a splash this year, for want of game experience and the need to get into top football shape and become orientated to the overall speed at the pro level.

I do disagree with one thing. When he finally does get in there on a consistent basis--and I think he will at least by 2006--you will see 60 and 70 yard runs from him occasionally. Despite my repeating it over and over, a lot of people still don't realize his college time was 4.45. For all his attributes that are similar to TD's, that time is way faster than TD's was.

Thanks for sharing your insight with us.

-----
    you are right about a couple of things but the fact is that Clarett ran a 4.66 in college which is much like TD.

Quote Originally Posted by BoWdY
    you are right about a couple of things but the fact is that Clarett ran a 4.66 in college which is much like TD.
    Clarett ran a 4.45 in college.

A couple sources:

CBS Sportsline.com

700Level

-----
    Last edited by topscribe; 06-17-2005 at 11:21 AM.

After seeing him in person i have to say that all of the hype around his 40 time and his extra weight is pretty much just that. he has gotten down to 234 and he is much quicker than most people think, not only that we have to admit that he has some of the same attributes that TD has...great hip swerve, a great burst in the hole, great vision and much like TD he is not fast but very quick and very agile just what fits into our scheme. i admit that when we first drafted him i was in huge doubt of his work ethic but now that he is working with Dayne and Anderson his attitude has changed and his work ethic has vastly improved. and now that Kubiak has gotten him to become a downhill runner instead of one that waits for his hole to open he can use the his powerful leg-drive to blast into the secondary. dont get me wrong i dont think he will have 60 or 70 yard runs but he can be just like Anderson was a couple of years ago and have several runs that go for 30-40 yards which we could use. we cannot expect to get that type of consistancy from Bell because he lacks the power to run inside and insists upon getting away from his blockers...that has been his problem since he started at OSU. Clarett can and will learn from Anderson and the fact that he will be lead blocking for Clarett he will quickly find out that mike knows what he is doing. While Clarett may have a lot of questions about his past habits and off the field problems but he also has the potential to be one of the great backs in the league as long as he learns from his past mistakes and continues to use the work ethic that Mike and Ron have gotten him hooked on.
    Well I also think Clarret will do just fine for us I think he could be a good 3rd down back or when Bell/the starter needs a breath he can go in, an dI think he'll do awesome.

Maybe that is how it will happen. . . He comes in to relieve someone, to give them a quick break, something unexpected happens, he changes the momentum of the game and his pro legacy begins!

While everyone thinks this kid need time, I think that Mikeys has gone out on a limb. Therefore he will see a lot of work in the Training camp and preaseason to see how much this kid has. If there is a spark there he will probabaly wind up a starter earlier in the year than most folks think.

I could be wrong but the mastermind made the choice now he has to show the world BIGMO is the man. And the Mikey is still a genuis! Until he DAFTED him, I had much the same feeling about nolanedayne.

Anderson wont be the lead blocker, he's a runningback just Clarett also Kyle Johnson is already considered the starting fullback.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16