Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Maurice may workout??

After seeing him in person i have to say that all of the hype around his 40 time and his extra weight is pretty much just that. he has gotten down to 234 and he is much quicker than most people think, not only that we have to admit that he has some of the same attributes that TD has...great hip swerve, a great burst in the hole, great vision and much like TD he is not fast but very quick and very agile just what fits into our scheme. i admit that when we first drafted him i was in huge doubt of his work ethic but now that he is working with Dayne and Anderson his attitude has changed and his work ethic has vastly improved. and now that Kubiak has gotten him to become a downhill runner instead of one that waits for his hole to open he can use the his powerful leg-drive to blast into the secondary. dont get me wrong i dont think he will have 60 or 70 yard runs but he can be just like Anderson was a couple of years ago and have several runs that go for 30-40 yards which we could use. we cannot expect to get that type of consistancy from Bell because he lacks the power to run inside and insists upon getting away from his blockers...that has been his problem since he started at OSU. Clarett can and will learn from Anderson and the fact that he will be lead blocking for Clarett he will quickly find out that mike knows what he is doing. While Clarett may have a lot of questions about his past habits and off the field problems but he also has the potential to be one of the great backs in the league as long as he learns from his past mistakes and continues to use the work ethic that Mike and Ron have gotten him hooked on.

I wouldn't be so fast to put the carriage ahead of the horse, just yet.
    MA will be fighting for a rb position firstly......not fb.

If MC even gets into a game this year, it'll be towards the end of the season, or out of necessity.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Exactly . . .

Clarett isn't going anywhere, regarding any potential cut from the squad. He is their "project" at running back, and you don't cut projects. I still don't think he will make much of a splash this year, for want of game experience and the need to get into top football shape and become orientated to the overall speed at the pro level.

I do disagree with one thing. When he finally does get in there on a consistent basis--and I think he will at least by 2006--you will see 60 and 70 yard runs from him occasionally. Despite my repeating it over and over, a lot of people still don't realize his college time was 4.45. For all his attributes that are similar to TD's, that time is way faster than TD's was.

Thanks for sharing your insight with us.

-----

I saw him a while back in an Iowa-Ohio State game, he just ran over the hawkeyes (squawkeyes) defense. He did it all by himself too. Lol. After every run I remember hearing "Clarett the ball carrier, 12 yard rush", "Clarett the ball carrier, 9 yard rush", "Clarett the ball carrier, 15 yard rush", "Clarett the ball carrier, 10 yard rush" "Clarett the ball carrier, 18 yard rush" On and on and on all day.
    http://i38.tinypic.com/24et8v5.jpg
    Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
    RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
    Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
    -Kobe Bryant-

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidBlue
    I saw him a while back in an Iowa-Ohio State game, he just ran over the hawkeyes (squawkeyes) defense. He did it all by himself too. Lol. After every run I remember hearing "Clarett the ball carrier, 12 yard rush", "Clarett the ball carrier, 9 yard rush", "Clarett the ball carrier, 15 yard rush", "Clarett the ball carrier, 10 yard rush" "Clarett the ball carrier, 18 yard rush" On and on and on all day.
    Iowa didn't have Jacksonville's "monster" defensive line. As SOOOO many people on this board have pointed out over and over again, college success does not translate automatically to NFL success, especially when it's only one season and it was two years ago.
    I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/38/382629.jpg

Congratulations Oklahoma Sooners - 2006 Big 12 Champions!!!!!

http://www.usmint.gov/images/mint_pr.../NE_winner.gif
    Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

I was wondering if Mike doesn't get the job and becomes r starting fullback do u think he will be to mad at the position he is at and not give much effort?
    Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by mrsolo
    Iowa didn't have Jacksonville's "monster" defensive line. As SOOOO many people on this board have pointed out over and over again, college success does not translate automatically to NFL success, especially when it's only one season and it was two years ago.
    I take it you're not a Clarett fan, Mrsolo?

-----

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe
    I take it you're not a Clarett fan, Mrsolo?

-----
    Something tells me he likes Q, just a hunch.

Not applicable . . .

Quote Originally Posted by KnightOLB53
    I was wondering if Mike doesn't get the job and becomes r starting fullback do u think he will be to mad at the position he is at and not give much effort?
    Bobby Turner said MA is not a fullback. Period.

-----

Quote Originally Posted by EMCF
    Something tells me he likes Q, just a hunch.
    Yes I do like Q. Amazing deduction. I merely stated that college success doesn't AUTOMATICALLY translate into NFL success, as pointed out over and over and over again anytime Q's college success was mentioned.

All that being said, I think Tatum should start this fall unless someone proves they are more deserving.

As far as being a Clarrett fan, I'm a Bronco fan and I want to see them win the Super Bowl. If Clarrett is gonna be a part of this team, of course I want him to do well. I'm just not sold on him. Too many red flags, but hopefully he'll prove me wrong.
    I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/38/382629.jpg

Congratulations Oklahoma Sooners - 2006 Big 12 Champions!!!!!

http://www.usmint.gov/images/mint_pr.../NE_winner.gif
    Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

Turner said he was going to try to get Cecil to be a FB.
    http://i38.tinypic.com/24et8v5.jpg
    Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
    RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
    Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
    -Kobe Bryant-

This is where Yoda comes in and says...

"There is no try. Only do"
    I bleed orange and blue!!!

Rest in peace, Darrent.

I adopted Domenik Hixon!!

Well . . .

Quote Originally Posted by mrsolo
    Yes I do like Q. Amazing deduction. I merely stated that college success doesn't AUTOMATICALLY translate into NFL success, as pointed out over and over and over again anytime Q's college success was mentioned.

All that being said, I think Tatum should start this fall unless someone proves they are more deserving.

As far as being a Clarrett fan, I'm a Bronco fan and I want to see them win the Super Bowl. If Clarrett is gonna be a part of this team, of course I want him to do well. I'm just not sold on him. Too many red flags, but hopefully he'll prove me wrong.
    You're not alone in your reservations toward Clarett. Were it not for the flags, he would probably have gone in the first 10-15 picks of the first round, with his potential. As of now, however, it is only potential, which is nothing more than that. Performance is something else. So we are all left in a "wait and see" situation with Clarett.

Of course, the back who deserves it is the one who can do the most for the team. (Wasn't that a brainstorm? I'm gettin' smarter all the time! DUH!) Right now, MA is the only known quantity back there. However, Bell is the one who can take it up through the tackles, then all the sudden find himself taking it 85 yards to the house. MA can't do that. This is what they hope for in Bell, I'm sure. Griffin can do that, too, if he is fully recovered from his injury. But that's a big if because an injury such as his is most difficult to come back from at all, let alone fully recover to where he once was.

Back to Clarett: I will reiterate that we cannot expect much of him this year. Those who expect him to be Jim Brown's clone in 2005 are in for a severe disappointment . . . and therefore some of them may come back and be some of his worst detractors next year. To those people, Clarett has not played football for nearly 2 1/2 years. Moreover, he had less than a year of football in college. It will take time for him to get back into football shape, to get his instincts and speed back, to become accustomed to the overall speed of the game at the pro level, and to reorientate back into football itself.

I know I have been redundant there, but it seems the ones who want to put a big "S" on Clarett's chest and a large red cape over his back just cannot see the reality of his situation. Even Shanny has expressed that it will take time for the young man.

Meanwhile, we do still have MA. He has been there, done that. If Bell can't do it, MA will. We may not have the 60 to 70 yard runs in that case, but we will enjoy seeing one of ours running over people. And Q may indeed come back. Cross our fingers. In all, we're in pretty good shape back there and in line for a treat this year.

IMHO.

-----

very nice guys

hey guys just thought that your points were good and just wanted you to know that im one of the biggest critics of Clarett and he really does have more to prove than any of the other rookies in his draft class. but the fact is that he is looking more and more like the back he was at OSU and has gotten a step closer to fullfilling his potential. while bell should start this year dont be surprised to see Clarett make a strong push for the job simply because no athlete that has had the success of Clarett in the past wants to be put on bench and carry a clipboard.

I think KJ will keep his job. By the way, that interception by Chris Meadows, from the link on your sig, is amazing.