Thread: Paul Pinegar!

Paul Pinegar!

The broncos should draft him in the second round of next years draft. He is a great QB and will shine in his senior year at Fresno State. He should be our QB of the future.
    visit the best website on earth

Critical Table

Good to see another Bronco fan from Fresno
    I will have to try and watch him this year, have heard some good things about this kid.

Care to share a little bit about why you think so? I don't know anything about the guy. How do you say his last name? Does it rhyme with vinegar? Or is it like pine-garr? I watched fresno's bowl game for alittle bit last season, but i was mostly watching logan mankins, I seem to remember the QB playing well though.
    http://img328.imageshack.us/img328/1...osig6ed9xr.jpg
    I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
    ABWRFRC

Pinegar did receive well deserved rave reviews for that bowl game against Virginia, but Pinegar is not much more than an average QB. I recently moved back to Denver from Fresno, and FSU has always been at the top of my list in college sports, so I would love to promote Pinegar. But the Bulldog rushing attack was the strength of that team and Pinegar greatly benefited from such, yet still could not excel consistently. From what I have heard, Fresno State has a couple young QB's that they are much higher on for QB strength in the program. From the games I have attended and watched on t.v., it would by my opinion that although Pinegar does have "potential," he was actually one of the weaker links on offense.

David Carr was a much better QB at Fresno and he hasn't yet put it all together. Also, there should be much better QBs available in next yrs draft that will definitely push Pinegar down a few rounds. Matt Leinart, Bruce Gradkowski, Omar Jacobs, Darrel Hackney, Brodie Croyle, Charlie Whitehurst, Reggie McNeal, and Vince Young (possibly Chris Leak if he decides to go pro) should all be rated and selected higher than Pinegar. Based on this yr's draft, if Pinegar is the 8th QB selected, then he would go in the late 4th early 5th round.
    [img]http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/screenshots/genesis/zerowing/zerowing_screen001.jpg[/img] [img]http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/screenshots/genesis/zerowing/zerowing_screen003.jpg[/img] [img]http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/screenshots/genesis/zerowing/zerowing_screen004.jpg[/img]
    Zero Wing, the greatest Japanese to English translation ever...

David Carr's JR year stats were like this.

Att. 349 Comp. 216 2,729 yrds 23 td 12 INT

Paul Pinegar's JR stats were like this.

Att. 292 Comp. 173 2,099 yrds 23 td 15 INT

Paul really showed what he could do toward the end of the season. He ended the season with 14 tds 3 INTs in his last five games. Pinegar has shown that he has great leadership in the bowl game agaisnt Virgina when he threw for 5 tds and 0 picks, including the game winning OT drive that he exicuted with great reslove. If he can keep improving and not take any steps back, just as David Carr did for us, Paul has the ability to be great. If Paul had a great Wide out like Carr did, I would garuntee him to be a 1st round pick, but our WR core is overall good with no one great threat. Our leading reciever Joe Fernandez only had 38 rec 546yards and 4tds. I believe that this has limited his stats somewhat, but if one reciever can step up and become a go to guy for him he could possible out shine Carr in his senior year. Otherwise he will have a really great year and become a 2nd round pick. Also Remember that Fresno State is a good school for QBs, David Carr, Billy Volek, and Trent Dilfer are all Fresno State QBs in the NFL and could all end up starting for thier teams. BTW It is pronounced Pin-a-ger.

Critical Table

Quote Originally Posted by PRBronco
    How do you say his last name? Does it rhyme with vinegar? Or is it like pine-garr?
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogRed
    BTW It is pronounced Pin-a-ger.
    ....which rhymes with vinegar.

Quote Originally Posted by Invesco
    ....which rhymes with vinegar.

Yes it does.

Critical Table